Beware Teams Needing A QB ...

KRL

12 minutes ago, KRL said:

Caleb Williams sobbing and being cradled in his mother's arms after a loss isn't a good look:

Is this someone who can lead 50+ other men???

Lots of debate over this scene.  Would love to know what GM's are thinking as they look at it.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seems doubtful we’ll be in a position to draft a top QB anyway.

Seems doubtful JD would draft a QB #1 with Rodgers and Zach under contract for 2024.

So….yeah. 

CJ stroud , Sam Howell hell even will Levi’s totally destroy the Zach Wilson optimism. This would be the best opportunity to draft a QB and let him sit a year behind Rodgers.

Well this is the same regime who had Will McDonald rated higher than Jordan Addison, so noting will surprise me. 

LMAO 

“bUt McDoNaLds WaZ rAiTeD hIGhEr oN tHeiR bOaRD” 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

100%

1st thing JD has to do this offseason is have a talk with Rodgers over how Zach is not the future here. then he needs to tell him that we need to draft his replacement now so he can sit and learn from him. 

and before the Zach boys get there panties in a bunch Zachs contract is over and he is not getting a extension to be a 20 plus million dollar backup in 2025.

so either we get rid of him or he will leave in 2025 on his own. somebody will give him a chance to start. we need to draft a young QB who resets the QB clock.

Boy are you going to be unhappy when the Jets extend Zach.  Zach is the post-Rogers future.  Accept it.  Learn to love it. It will happen!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The best QB of all time kisses his dad on the mouth and cries repeatedly upon being reminded he was a sixth round pick. 

He cries, Tom, because he's reminded of how that was the hardest day in his parents life...watching their son get drafted into the NFL....it's very traumatic, so his tears are warranted, I wouldnt expect you to understand.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve seen many badass NFL players cry after losing a conference championship game or the Super Bowl so crying isn’t a deal breaker per se. 

The concern for me is if the pressure of the scrutiny was why he cried. I don’t know but I would wave to know before taking him #1. 

If he cried because USC probably is out of contention for a good bowl game that’s not as bad. He’s put up a ton of points, their defense is atrocious.  

if mayo banana boy is suddenly the darling of the league then a GM might have to figure these kids aren’t like they were in 1990 

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Caleb Williams sobbing and being cradled in his mother's arms after a loss isn't a good look:

Is this someone who can lead 50+ other men???

Sir, this is the generation of emotion on your sleeve.  Get with the Times!

I will gladly take him with the 32nd pick this year after he tumbles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

100%

1st thing JD has to do this offseason is have a talk with Rodgers over how Zach is not the future here. then he needs to tell him that we need to draft his replacement now so he can sit and learn from him. 

and before the Zach boys get there panties in a bunch Zachs contract is over and he is not getting a extension to be a 20 plus million dollar backup in 2025.

so either we get rid of him or he will leave in 2025 on his own. somebody will give him a chance to start. we need to draft a young QB who resets the QB clock.

JD is the one leading the charge for the plan. I didn’t realize how many jets fans don’t believe the Jets are committed to Zach. 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

JD is the one leading the charge for the plan. I didn’t realize how many jets fans don’t believe the Jets are committed to Zach. 

I think the owner is committed to Zach Wilson.  The GM went out and paid a bounty for a player that literally said he was 90% retired as a Packer, giving the Jets GM ALL the leverage.

The coach benched Wilson for a broken  Flacco and Mr Glass Mike White.

The organization is committed to Wilson, the Owner is.

In my opinion.

3 minutes ago, hawk said:

I think the owner is committed to Zach Wilson.  The GM went out and paid a bounty for a player that literally said he was 90% retired as a Packer, giving the Jets GM ALL the leverage.

The coach benched Wilson for a broken  Flacco and Mr Glass Mike White.

The organization is committed to Wilson, the Owner is.

In my opinion.

Could be true no doubt. Whatever the reason he’s here through 2024 as long as he takes responsibility for his results. I think that is one way Saleh could give up on him is if he sulks or blamed someone else 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

then he lying.

ok lets figure this out logically. can you give Zach a 20 plus million extension if the season ended today? keep in mind Rodgers has a 51.5 mil cap hit in 2025. thats over 73 million for the QB position in a year were trying to win a SB.

another thing. Daniel Jones is better than Zach right now. he got 40 mil. what do you think we give Zach to play in 2025? you really think Zach excepts a team friendly contract. ? 

they replace Zach with Rodgers, if not him they were going to get Carr that would have ended Zachs Jet career. i dont think he has done enough now to bring him back as the unquestioned starter in 2026. 

its hard to believe that JD has a plan to bring Zach back when just 7 months ago he was trying to replace him for good. this is all that BS talk they all do to a guy who is still under contract.

I have an honest question, why are we focusing on a player that will not be a NY Jet on the upcoming draft and or position of immediate need? Don't we have Zach Wilson, Aaron Rodgers next year? Let's stay focus on the offensive line as a top offseason priority and topic on this forum..  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

CJ stroud , Sam Howell hell even will Levi’s totally destroy the Zach Wilson optimism. This would be the best opportunity to draft a QB and let him sit a year behind Rodgers.

Well this is the same regime who had Will McDonald rated higher than Jordan Addison, so noting will surprise me. 

LMAO 

“bUt McDoNaLds WaZ rAiTeD hIGhEr oN tHeiR bOaRD” 

Excited to see who ends up replacing Addison in these posts in a month or two.  First it was Broderick Jones, then JSN, then Flowers, now Addison.  You realize when you draft you can only take one guy, and there's no "backsies" right?  Can't just be like "ya know what, on second thought I'll take Addison" 7 months later......you do know that right?  Or should we have taken Levis?  Hard to tell from your post.  I doubt the fanbase would have freaked tf out had we drafted him with our 1st rounder...

Also LOL Howell?  C'mon man.  You'd be spreading your cheeks to shower this man were he our starting QB.  League leader in INTs and sacks.  How do you think that would play out here, with our OL?  I get this is your schtick but....c'mon...be better.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Jets next year have a 1st round pick, and no 2nd rounder.

Coming out of the first two rounds with nothing but a new backup QB is one of the less likely scenarios. IMHO.

More likely that wherever we pick, we will look to trade down and pick up an extra pick, even if that means having two good 2nd round picks vs. one 1st.

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Not sure how crying over a loss shows charachter or commitment?  

My son cries about sports all the time. It used to drive me crazy. One day I was complaining about it to another parent and he dropped some perspective on me. He said he had 2 kids playing and one of them is the same way. The other one doesn't care. He'd rather they care.

Fair point sir. I still don't like it when he does it but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to.

It does seem weird a grown man would still act this way but I don't know if it's an issue?

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My son cries about sports all the time. It used to drive me crazy. One day I was complaining about it to another parent and he dropped some perspective on me. He said he had 2 kids playing and one of them is the same way. The other one doesn't care. He'd rather they care.

Fair point sir. I still don't like it when he does it but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to.

It does seem weird a grown man would still act this way but I don't know if it's an issue?

It's a competition.  Lossing is a given.  You can care about the competition without crying about lossing.

Pretty sure the crying isn't the biggest issue here, it's more the cradling in his mothers arm like he's 3 years old lol. 

I still don't mind, just f'n win. Cry all you want, just WINNN. 

If he were to be a Jet though, this would 1000% be rubbed in our faces non stop until he became a superbowl champ. But he won't be so it'll go away.

• Upvote 1