What we've learned in recent weeks

AFJF

What I've learned is despite how bad this team starts out, how many yards the defense gives up early, and how inept the offense is, this year's team has had multiple very clutch wins.

Would be nice to outright stomp a team for once, but if we're within a score I'll be watching until the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th.

Also Zach needs to START improving, not continue.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Should be a laffer tonight...big jets win...SD is just like the fins...easy money.

The jets have had no laughers despite playing teams much worse than the chargers.

I see no logical reason to actually think any game for this team will be a laugher other than blind over optimistic homerism.

• Upvote 2

Every game is huge especially within the conference.

While the division is very much up for grabs, there is potentially a big wildcard implication this week.  The Chargers very well could make a run and be in the wildcard picture in a few weeks.  This head to head game very well could be a huge factor between us.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

Every game is huge especially within the conference.

While the division is very much up for grabs, there is potentially a big wildcard implication this week.  The Chargers very well could make a run and be in the wildcard picture in a few weeks.  This head to head game very well could be a huge factor between us.

Even with all of that being the case, a loss tonight isn't the end of the world.  I've seen a lot of "must win" and "have to have this game" comments and that's just not true.

I mean, if people want to melt down if they lose then go right ahead.  But it would be kinda' silly given where this team is right now.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

A loss tonight is huge.  It is a dog fight to get in the playoffs in the AFC.  Losing a conference game to a team we will be fighting over a playoff spot with would be disasterous.

Lots at stake tonight.  Huge game.  Do not minimize what a loss means tonight.  

Division winner gets a playoff spot.  Division would still be within reach if they lose tonight.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A loss tonight is huge.  It is a dog fight to get in the playoffs in the AFC.  Losing a conference game to a team we will be fighting over a playoff spot with would be disasterous.

Lots at stake tonight.  Huge game.  Do not minimize what a loss means tonight.  

Hope they are man enough. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Even with all of that being the case, a loss tonight isn't the end of the world.  I've seen a lot of "must win" and "have to have this game" comments and that's just not true.

I mean, if people want to melt down if they lose then go right ahead.  But it would be kinda' silly given where this team is right now.

Agree that "must win" is an overstatement.  But it's a huge game nonetheless.

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Show me where there was an excuse.

When you say in advance "it's ok if we lose", that's pre-emptively excusing the potential loss. 

A clear sign of lack of confidence.  A confident person never thinks about post-loss meltdowns or forum reactions to same.

If you think we're gonna lose, just say so. 

There is no need to create "I will save the forum from post-loss meltdown by telling everyone in advance it's actually ok if we lose" threads.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

When you say in advance "it's ok if we lose", that's pre-emptively excusing the potential loss. 

A clear sign of lack of confidence.  A confident person never thinks about post-loss meltdowns or forum reactions to same.

If you think we're gonna lose, just say so. 

There is no need to create "I will save the forum from post-loss meltdown by telling everyone in advance it's actually ok if we lose" threads.

Hello Warfish. I'm Crushlove. We are going to lose. 

• Haha 1

Not gonna lie, after the Rodgers injury I checked out. Couldn’t process it. I thought I would have to wait another year until a day felt like GAME DAY. 

somehow this is not just game day it’s a BIG ******* GAME 

**** all the haters and pretenders and critics and especially the ******* BILLS DOLPHINS AND CHEATERS. 

GO GET THE DIVISION BOYS !!!!!!

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I always love these pre-emptive-excusing "if we lose, we're still good!" threads, lol.

Well it is better than the weekly State of the Union Address where are fate is decided every week.

The Jets WILL be a playoff team. I have no doubt. So I am just going to sit back and enjoy this

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Well it is better than the weekly State of the Union Address where are fate is decided every week.

I am just going to sit back and enjoy this

Honestly shawn, if you just want to sit back and enjoy it and avoid long-winded repetitive dissertations on the team, why are reading JN?

It's always odd to me, fans who aren't interested in actually talking about their favorite team week by week, but just want to have everyone "shut up and enjoy it and stop thinking".  What do fans with this mindset actually get out of a place like JN?  If I felt that way I'd never even think to come here tbh.  I'd be too busy sitting back and enjoying it.

P.S. great use of "State of the Union Address" btw.  Somewhere @Sperm Edwards suddenly looked up, looked around, and felt somehow that he was being watched....

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

The Jets WILL be a playoff team. I have no doubt. So

I have literal TONS of doubt. 

But I hope you're right and I'm wrong, because that 12 year no playoff albatross around our necks is pretty damn heavy at this point.

What makes anyone think the chargers are out of the playoff picture.  There are an awful lot of teams with three or four losses.  They probably can’t win division because the chiefs are running away and hiding.  Also the chargers are the only afc team with a losing record that has scored more points than they’ve given up.  This will not be an easy game.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Is that while a win tonight would be HUUUUGE, a loss is far from the end of the world.

Miami is yet to beat a good team, the Bills aren't as good as advertised and the Pats are just in this thing for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

A loss tonight would suck, but if that were to happen, this team is good enough to have a shot at the division until late in the season if there are no more catastrophic injuries and Zach continues to improve.

I don't agree.  A loss would be a disaster.  With the div shaping up in the Jets favor and the conditions for a wild card spot, if the Jets cant beat SD right now, it proves they are pretenders.  

A win proves they are contenders.

I see the Jets winning unless ZW really screws the pooch. 

And, IMHO, if ZW deals up anything other than a decent performance against the soft SD defense, he'll have written his own pink slip in indelible red ink

• Upvote 1