Jets Inactives Today (Abanikanda Brownlee Cobb Lawson Kelly Bernard Converse Surratt Barnes Dean Hanson Hayes James Kuntz Ball Mccoutchen Saffold Simeian Spencer Valladay

JETS- RB Isreal Abanikanda WR Jason Brownlee WR Randall Cobb DE Carl Lawson OL Dennis Kelly DB Jarrick Bernard Converse LB Chazz Surratt CB Kalon Barnes S Trey Dean OL Jacob Hanson CB Tae Hayes DL Bruce Hector DL Jalyn Holmes CB Craig James TE Zack Kuntz LB Marcelino Mccray Ball WR Lance Mccoutchen  OL Rodger Saffold QB Trevor Siemian DL Marquiss Spencer  RB Xazvian Valladay 

CHARGERS- RB Isaiah Spiller S Jaylinn Hawkins RB Elijah Dotson OL Zack Bailey DL Scott Matlock LB Brevin Allen WR Terrell Bynum DL Jerrod Clark DL Christian Covington WR Keelan Doss QB Max Duggan WR Alex Erickson LB Andrew Farmer CB Matt Hankins TE Hunter Kampmoyer LB Blake Lynch DL CJ Okoye RB Jaret Patterson C Cameron Tom DB Mark Webb Jr CB Chris Wilcox 

I assume Charles being healthy again is why Surratt is inactive.   That is probably mainly the Hardee slot. I was hoping to see Brownlee and Abanikanda.  Charles is there for specials, but I think Malik Taylor has leapfrogged everyone for the extra WR spot.  Last week Brownlee played 2 snaps on O, Gipson 16, and Taylor played 23.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Unless I missed something, that makes Cobb a healthy scratch, right?  Hopefully a sign this team might finally be moving away from it's continuous guilt of the sunk cost fallacy.  Here's hoping someone else is able to step up today and bring some confidence to the spot.

Next up should be Cook.

Cobb was inactive last week too.  FWIW, he's not a "healthy" scratch.  He's been limited with a shoulder injury.  Taylor, Gipson and Brownlee were all active.  I think Charles is up for specials and bumps Brownlee - Brownlee played 2 snaps on O and 3 on specials.  Taylor 23/9 and Gipson 16/14.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Cobb was inactive last week too.  Taylor, Gipson and Brownlee were all active.  I think Charles is up for specials and bumps Brownlee - Brownlee played 2 snaps on O and 3 on specials.  Taylor 23/9 and Gipson 16/14.

I admittedly forgot all about that until right after I said it.  You're spot on about Charles, he's definitely taking Hardee's role.  Will be curious to see how that shakes out once Hardee is healthy though, considering he did well in his first games and reportedly Boyer is a big fan.

I have to imagine they see Gipson as more of the "gimmick" option at the moment and Taylor as the more traditional WR, although will be interesting to see what they think of him considering he's played so little while already on his 5th year in the league.  Regardless, both of them at their very worst would be no less than equivalent to Cobb, so certainly worth a shot.