Q is pulling a Wilkerson on us

The defense is great, this is not about them but one individual player. Quinnen is making HUGE money and does NOTHING week in and week out. The dude has half a sack ON THE ENTIRE SEASON. Has he made ONE impactful play this year let alone a couple every game being paid $20M a year. Its a disgrace and he needs to be getting called out at this point. He is pulling a Wilkerson right now. Be in denial about it if you want but those are the facts. Heck Jefferson HAS FIVE sacks on the year LOL. What a disgrace.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 19
  • WTF? 6
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 8

He’s being double teamed. That’s why you see players far less talented than him getting loads of sacks. Just watch the tape. 

I’ve seen Wilkerson’s tape. He was a quitter and that started even before the megabucks. If your hands are pointing to the ground 2 seconds into the play, DL is not your cup of tea. He forged couple more years out after being dumped I believe. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No he is not, not even close he has half a sack, makes no impact plays and we have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

I'm not sure what you people are watching but it's as if you are assuming he is playing like last year, he is not.

Just a phenomenal disappointment so far this year.

No, he is improving!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, jets4life1 said:

The defense is great, this is not about them but one individual player. Quinnen is making HUGE money and does NOTHING week in and week out. The dude has half a sack ON THE ENTIRE SEASON. Has he made ONE impactful play this year let alone a couple every game being paid $20M a year. Its a disgrace and he needs to be getting called out at this point. He is pulling a Wilkerson right now. Be in denial about it if you want but those are the facts. Heck Jefferson HAS FIVE sacks on the year LOL. What a disgrace.

This is how you know someone doesn't know what they are talking about. I mean look at any tape bud. Q is a huge part of that def.

• Upvote 2

i believe what the OP is saying is for that money he should be getting sacks. you paid sack guys big money, not guys who get double teamed.

so from this logic if Huff finishes with 15 sacks should he not get paid like that? because according to you guys hes only getting them because QW is double teamed. but he will get paid like a 15 sack guy. 

Aarron Darnold is a DT. he has 108 sacks in his career. he has 5 1/2 in 9 games this year. QW has a 1/2 in 8 games.

does Darnold not get double teamed? 

i like QW but he is getting huge money on the DL. you want that money you need to get sacks. we should have waited till this year and we could have saved about 7 million a year on QW cause you dont get paid like that for a 1/2 sack year.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sacks are great. They are not the ultimate measure of success.

Look at the play McDonald got the sack and fumble. He got no push and Herbert came strolling through his neighborhood.

McDonald got a sack I believe on that play and that is pretty misleading.

The Chargers couldn't run or pass. Jets have 99 problems, neither Quincy brother is one.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

i believe what the OP is saying is for that money he should be getting sacks. you paid sack guys big money, not guys who get double teamed.

so from this logic if Huff finishes with 15 sacks should he not get paid like that? because according to you guys hes only getting them because QW is double teamed. but he will get paid like a 15 sack guy. 

Aarron Darnold is a DT. he has 108 sacks in his career. he has 5 1/2 in 9 games this year. QW has a 1/2 in 8 games.

does Darnold not get double teamed? 

i like QW but he is getting huge money on the DL. you want that money you need to get sacks. we should have waited till this year and we could have saved about 7 million a year on QW cause you dont get paid like that for a 1/2 sack year.

Bingo. Finally some common sense in this thread. He needs to be called out, he has been extremely disappointing this year. And half way through the season now, I’m concerned, very concerned. We have HUGE money tied up in him now and for this type Of production, it’s unacceptable. Period.

People are just in denial who can’t see it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No he is not, not even close he has half a sack, makes no impact plays and we have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

I'm not sure what you people are watching but it's as if you are assuming he is playing like last year, he is not.

Just a phenomenal disappointment so far this year.

These people just have their opinions regardless of what’s actually happening in game

Quinnen isn’t the reason this team is struggling but it annoys me when people are saying he’s being doubled teamed etc and that’s the reason for his poor numbers. 

Every top d-lineman will be double teamed and they still make big plays. Donald has done it for years. Bosa, TJ whoever else you mention all get sacks and game changing plays and are chipped or double teamed all the time. 

Quinnen needs to get some big plays but let’s face it the defense on a whole is playing good enough to be winning football games.

The offense and the coaching is what will hold us back. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jets4life1 said:

Bingo. Finally some common sense in this thread. He needs to be called out, he has been extremely disappointing this year. And half way through the season now, I’m concerned, very concerned. We have HUGE money tied up in him now and for this type Of production, it’s unacceptable. Period.

People are just in denial who can’t see it.

The defense has given up 3 points through 14 games this season. Look it up.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jets4life1 said:

Lol gotcha you.  I get PO about Adams talk , and make the Q Williams statement to tick Jet fans off .   It worked like a charm . Some jet fans are so gullible.      I know how good Q Williams is as a player .( told you only jet player I would trade D Adams for- not going to happen for either team.    Q Williams is the biggest matchup that scares me the most next week.  Raiders center Andre James has struggled mightily against dominant Dt like Q Williams.   For the Raiders to win they have to figure out a way to neutralize him.  

• Sympathy 1