Aaron Rodgers regarding his return - "Give me a few weeks"

JETS SB

Just now, Maxman said:

Saw this thanks for posting it.

Love it!!!! Get well soon Aaron.

Hopefully Trevor Siemian can win a few and then give the ball back to you!

It all depends on the team’s record. 2023 may have already been ruined but he can’t risk injury for 2024 as well. That would be the worst “swing for the fences” trade of all time that would simultaneously RUIN our small window with the young core starting to need new contracts. It’s rebuild at that point. We have an unlikely but possible chance this year, next year we are all in and 2025 is TBD depending on filling new holes and keeping talent for that year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It all depends on the team’s record. 2023 may have already been ruined but he can’t risk injury for 2024 as well. That would be the worst “swing for the fences” trade of all time that would simultaneously RUIN our small window with the young core starting to need new contracts. It’s rebuild at that point. We have an unlikely but possible chance this year, next year we are all in and 2025 is TBD depending on filling new holes and keeping talent for that year. 

Adrian just called. She said hey Rocky, there is no tomorrow.

This defense can win the Super Bowl. Also, there is no tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The defense and specials are ridiculous. I can’t say enough how impressed I am. I agree about not delaying things and waiting for tomorrow. That’s why it’s an absolute travesty to not have gotten a competent backup QB so Zach would get his “redshirt” year.

I get the horrible signings to placate AR but they still could have done a bit more with the offensive weapons. The big issue was backup QB. I hope by miracle it works out but JD made a huge mistake that could have easily been avoided. It was obvious to many of us early on. 

JD didn’t want to bury Zach. Zach was still his boy who wanted him close to the field. JD is so delusional I’m sure he thought “ worst case scenario if Aaron misses a few games, zach will get his shot to shine a little and prove doubters wrong. He didn’t want to even entertain burying him in the 3 hole. That’s why you never heard of jets even trying to get a legit #2.

He obviously was thinking it was a possibility Aaron could miss some time, since he made sure to add 1st round pick in trade is contingent on the the 65% of snaps for Aaron.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

JD didn’t want to bury Zach. Zach was still his boy who wanted him close to the field. JD is so delusional I’m sure he thought “ worst case scenario if Aaron misses a few games, zach will get his shot to shine a little and prove doubters wrong. He didn’t want to even entertain burying him in the 3 hole. That’s why you never heard of jets even trying to get a legit #2.

He obviously was thinking it was a possibility Aaron could miss some time, since he made sure to add 1st round pick in trade is contingent on the the 65% of snaps for Aaron.

This line of thinking IS what buried Zach and there’s no putting that genie back in the bottle. If he truly wanted to protect Zach, he would have gotten a quality backup so Zach could have a true redshirt year and sell the story of resetting and AR mentoring him. I’m actually glad that it blew up in his stupid fat face. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The old man will not save us, if anything nobody should want him back, the king gaslighter that is Aaron will throw this org under the bus if he comes back and doesn’t look the same. 

JD and Saleh has made sooo many amateur hour mistakes Rodgers can throw them under the bus and nobody would think twice 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If the Jets allow AR8 to come back and play behind this OL, then the decision makers need to be fired.  I realize AR8 is the guy running his own ship and all but it would be malpractice to throw him to the wolves like this.  He'd almost certainly get injured and ruin next season too. 

• Upvote 1

This line of thinking IS what buried Zach and there’s no putting that genie back in the bottle. If he truly wanted to protect Zach, he would have gotten a quality backup so Zach could have a true redshirt year and sell the story of resetting and AR mentoring him. I’m actually glad that it blew up in his stupid fat face. 
One of your best posts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think that was more of a generic response and not really “a few weeks”. 

he’s not even walking normally yet. If you notice his shoes have big heels, helps reduce stretch on the Achilles so it looks a little better than it actually is. Plus the throwing has minimal to do with stressing his Achilles/calf

i still think he’s moving fast in his recovery so that looks good but he’s only 8 weeks out 

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the Jets allow AR8 to come back and play behind this OL, then the decision makers need to be fired.  I realize AR8 is the guy running his own ship and all but it would be malpractice to throw him to the wolves like this.  He'd almost certainly get injured and ruin next season too. 

Agreed. We just saw our cross-town rivals do something similar with their #1 QB ... let's not follow suit. ;-)