Jump to content

Shuffling the Offensive Line


BCJet

Recommended Posts

Saleh doesn't have a clue. Every time the camera is on he is silent, not talking to anyone. Just casually watching the game. He's only good at celebrating a quincy williams big hit. 

It's crazy because I can remember back to my pee wee football days... when 1 guy was killing us we talked about it on the sideline and aadjusted. This team will NEVER adjust under this brain dead coaching staff. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jigsaw89 said:

Saleh doesn't have a clue. Every time the camera is on he is silent, not talking to anyone. Just casually watching the game. He's only good at celebrating a quincy williams big hit. 

It's crazy because I can remember back to my pee wee football days... when 1 guy was killing us we talked about it on the sideline and aadjusted. This team will NEVER adjust under this brain dead coaching staff. 

Another defensive coordinator for a head coach. He has zero input on the offense. Go look at his draft reactions of defense vs offensive players. Like night and day. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saleh doesn't have a clue. Every time the camera is on he is silent, not talking to anyone. Just casually watching the game. He's only good at celebrating a quincy williams big hit. 
It's crazy because I can remember back to my pee wee football days... when 1 guy was killing us we talked about it on the sideline and aadjusted. This team will NEVER adjust under this brain dead coaching staff. 
Saleh lady night with his despondent gaze reminded me of one guy .... The illustrious and indubitable Mr Todd Bowles.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The logical move would have been Xavier at center, Tippman at Guard and Mitchell at RT.  There you are only “weakening” one position and avoid having to put Billy Turner on the field at all.   Instead they play Turner, move Mitchell to guard where he has never played an NFL game.   
I think because this team got lucky where avt can play other positions they feel that plug and play might work with everyone... and well, we see it doesn't

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The logical move would have been Xavier at center, Tippman at Guard and Mitchell at RT.  There you are only “weakening” one position and avoid having to put Billy Turner on the field at all.   Instead they play Turner, move Mitchell to guard where he has never played an NFL game.   

Or just put Xavier at G and Tippman at C.

There was no need to have Turner start a RT and move Mitchell to G. Asinine decision.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The logical move would have been Xavier at center, Tippman at Guard and Mitchell at RT.  There you are only “weakening” one position and avoid having to put Billy Turner on the field at all.   Instead they play Turner, move Mitchell to guard where he has never played an NFL game.   

I honestly don’t understand how an intelligent conversation could take place that includes moving Mitchell. Is it really an issue with general competence and Saleh just lets Hackett do whatever he wants?  
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

#Jets O-Line last night, per TruMedia

Billy Turner: 9 pressures, 3 sacks, 2 QB hits
Laken Tomlinson: 7 pressures, 2 sacks, 1 QB hit
Mekhi Becton: 5 pressures, 1 sack
Max Mitchell: 4 pressures, 1 sack
Joe Tippmann: 2 pressures

Also important to note: Zach Wilson's time to throw for both the game (2.71 seconds) and while under pressure (3.37 seconds, updated to even higher from last night, apparently) are too high.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The logical move would have been Xavier at center, Tippman at Guard and Mitchell at RT.  There you are only “weakening” one position and avoid having to put Billy Turner on the field at all.   Instead they play Turner, move Mitchell to guard where he has never played an NFL game.   

I disagree. Best choice for center is the guy who has played a ton of games there and not the guy who took his first ever game snap last week (which happened to result in a fumble).

I can see arguing someone other than Mitchell at guard but who would have been a much better choice if Tippmann is center?

I'm guessing Mitchell says at guard when Brown returns.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, C Mart said:

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

#Jets O-Line last night, per TruMedia

Billy Turner: 9 pressures, 3 sacks, 2 QB hits
Laken Tomlinson: 7 pressures, 2 sacks, 1 QB hit
Mekhi Becton: 5 pressures, 1 sack
Max Mitchell: 4 pressures, 1 sack
Joe Tippmann: 2 pressures

Also important to note: Zach Wilson's time to throw for both the game (2.71 seconds) and while under pressure (3.37 seconds, updated to even higher from last night, apparently) are too high.

Yeah there were several times where he was holding it way too long, as usual. Not a great idea when you're on your 4th string T vs Joey bosa.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Check the stats. Both QBs last night has the EXACT same average pocket time. One of them produced 2 field goals against a soft defense and one of them produced 20 points on an elite defense. Enough is enough.

13 but point taken

7 PR TD

7 1 yard TD run - fumble returned to Jets 1 yard line

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

With all the injuries, this is what our line should look like. even though Brown is not great he’s still better than Turner and Mitchell

Brown Tomlinson Tipp Saffold Becton

A better question is for JD regarding draft strategy.  Every team has injuries, especially along the OL.   How bad must Warren be to not even sniff the field ?   Why are we using 4th and 5th rd picks on guys who need redshirt years?   Was there really not a single OL available in the 4th rd who has the ability to play in an emergency role?  

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A better question is for JD regarding draft strategy.  Every team has injuries, especially along the OL.   How bad must Warren be to not even sniff the field ?   Why are we using 4th and 5th rd picks on guys who need redshirt years?   Was there really not a single OL available in the 4th rd who has the ability to play in an emergency role?  
Why no later round QB like Tanner?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Did anyone ask Saleh why on earth we decided to play Max Mitchell at RG and Billy Turner at RT?  What other teams make personnel moves like this with zero explanation (at least that Ive seen).

Mitchell did not play RG in college and was almost exclusively a RT, only having a few snaps at LG.  So suddenly he is able to step into an NFL game and play a new position when he struggles with is natural position?

On top of that, we didnt put a TE on the right to help Turner for most of the game and shockingly Bosa beat him numerous times.

I dont get how we struggle with even the simplest things on offense.  Just keep mitchell in his spot and give him TE help - that will slow the rush and hopefully allow zach to only be sacked 4 times vs 8.  Really frustratring

Is it intentional or ironic that this is so aptly related to phrases like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic? ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jigsaw89 said:

Saleh doesn't have a clue. Every time the camera is on he is silent, not talking to anyone. Just casually watching the game. He's only good at celebrating a quincy williams big hit. 

It's crazy because I can remember back to my pee wee football days... when 1 guy was killing us we talked about it on the sideline and aadjusted. This team will NEVER adjust under this brain dead coaching staff. 

then why is the 2H scoring/defense so much better?  isn't that "adjusting" at halftime?

 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Check the stats. Both QBs last night has the EXACT same average pocket time. One of them produced 2 field goals against a soft defense and one of them produced 20 points on an elite defense. Enough is enough.

so what's your point.  the Chargers QB is miles better than Zach.  this is a silly point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

The logical move would have been Xavier at center, Tippman at Guard and Mitchell at RT.  There you are only “weakening” one position and avoid having to put Billy Turner on the field at all.   Instead they play Turner, move Mitchell to guard where he has never played an NFL game.   

Against one of the best pass rushing teams in the league no less. This on paper and on the field ended up being a bad matchup. The Chargers are a top run stopping team and neutralized Hall. They may be bad against the pass, but that doesn’t matter when your oline cannot block the pass rushers and the RG/RT strategy mentioned only compounded making it even harder to block their rushers. This is where the whole game was lost. The oline coach should have said this would be a disaster based on this weeks opponent or maybe he did and no one listened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

Did anyone ask Saleh why on earth we decided to play Max Mitchell at RG and Billy Turner at RT?  What other teams make personnel moves like this with zero explanation (at least that Ive seen).

Mitchell did not play RG in college and was almost exclusively a RT, only having a few snaps at LG.  So suddenly he is able to step into an NFL game and play a new position when he struggles with is natural position?

On top of that, we didnt put a TE on the right to help Turner for most of the game and shockingly Bosa beat him numerous times.

I dont get how we struggle with even the simplest things on offense.  Just keep mitchell in his spot and give him TE help - that will slow the rush and hopefully allow zach to only be sacked 4 times vs 8.  Really frustratring

Passing game was crap, rushing game was crap.

IMG_8416.thumb.jpeg.8672e63372118d61deecad02ab0e6b9a.jpeg

But maybe it wasn’t the offensive line. 🙄

IMG_8421.thumb.jpeg.c8f8144ce6dfdeea6cfb3c1158fa39f9.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Saleh lady night with his despondent gaze reminded me of one guy .... The illustrious and indubitable Mr Todd Bowles.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
 

That's two games in a row where every time they went to Saleh on camera, I was embarrassed by the expressions or lack thereof.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robby Sabo @RobbySabo
It is true.

—In the five games with AVT, the Jets averaged 123.2 yards per game.
—In the three games without AVT, they’ve averaged 70.3 rushing yards a game.

Sorry, but that’s *everything*. The way this offense operates, is designed, and how it’s incorporated into this particular game plan (that seeks to keep things close, low scoring, while featuring the defense), they have no chance to score points with that rushing output.

Here’s the points per game split:

—5 games with AVT: 23.25
—3 games without him: 13.0

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Giving Zach the ball zero times would allow him to be sacked zero times.

I was saying just run some form of the Wildcat behind Breece and/or bring back Strev.

I’m dead serious.

Couldn’t be any worse than the Zach Wilson pray-for-FG-attempt show.

Even getting to the RZ doesn’t guarantee pts because ZW is 50/50 to allow himself to get sacked out of FG range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Robby Sabo @RobbySabo
It is true.

—In the five games with AVT, the Jets averaged 123.2 yards per game.
—In the three games without AVT, they’ve averaged 70.3 rushing yards a game.

Sorry, but that’s *everything*. The way this offense operates, is designed, and how it’s incorporated into this particular game plan (that seeks to keep things close, low scoring, while featuring the defense), they have no chance to score points with that rushing output.

Here’s the points per game split:

—5 games with AVT: 23.25
—3 games without him: 13.0

I love AVT, but he’s killed us two years in a row by not being available and he has yet to finish a season. 
 

such a shame 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...