Andy Dalton - tell me would not be better, like 1000%

We have to be close to losing the locker room. We just shut down the the chargers - well we shut down herbert. I mean we still go destroyed but the DEF was great!

I just saw carson wentz et signed. Another guys light years above Zach. 

So can we sign Andy Dalton so we can at least get to the playoffs. 

I really dont want to lose the locker room, i know the def is talkign about playing hard and for pride, but after all they have went through, knowing you cant event count on 1 TD coming from the O, I mean c'mon.

We are in real dangetr here.

So Sign Dalton lets go!!!

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

We have to be close to losing the locker room. We just shut down the the chargers - well we shut down herbert. I mean we still go destroyed but the DEF was great!

I really dont want to lose the locker room, i know the def is talkign about playing hard and for pride, but after all they have went through, knowing you cant event count on 1 TD coming from the O, I mean c'mon.

Isn't he on Carolina?

• Haha 2

I personally wanted the Jets to sign Carr. In my opinion, the higher salary would offset giving up draft picks and swapping with GB last year. We then could have either gotten GW some help opposite of him or grab a lineman. To be fair, I just preferred Carr over Rodgers, but I am okay with having AR. At this point, there are a lot of options that are by far better than ZW.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dalton is not a FA.  He plays for Carolina

The move we should have made? 

Derrick Carr

21 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I was 100% on Carr.

Younger.  Less money.  More draft picks

Carr blows watch the playoffs this year and you will see. You don’t want to be tired down to that mediocrity 

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Hindsight is 20/20. No backup that thinks they can actually play in the league at a starter level is coming to the Jets to back up Aaron Rodgers. Look at where all these guys went… all to back up rookies or shaky QB situations.

Injuries suck - it is what it is…

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Hindsight is 20/20.

True. Still, after last season I said that the Jets didn't need a great QB, they just needed a decent QB. During the "I want Carr, no, I want ARodge, no I wan't Lamar" I posted that I wanted Andy Dalton. 

I was laughed at. 

If we’re not going to even activate Siemian then there’s no chance we add anyone else, either.

But if we were…Colt McCoy would be the only legitimate street FA at this point.  

You’re not coaxing Matt Ryan to leave the booth for this mess even if the Jets wanted him.  Similar story with Rivers.  And Chase Daniel retired in September.

So basically we’re f**ked any way you look at it.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Just looking for an improvement over the complete disaster that the Jets continue to pretend can play QB in the NFL. 

I know, but neither is the answer.  Dead End Derek is a joke and will get bounced the minute they face a real defense.

Andy Dalton has been a backup for 3 years now and theres a reason for that.

We need to figure out a permanant solution to the qb issues, not these jokers.

• Upvote 2

Carr blows watch the playoffs this year and you will see. You don’t want to be tired down to that mediocrity 

WAIT, there are playoff games in nfl football? I thought it was the regular season, the offseason, free agency, the Super Bowl draft, otas, preseason.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If we’re not going to even activate Siemian then there’s no chance we add anyone else, either.

But if we were…Colt McCoy would be the only legitimate street FA at this point.  

You’re not coaxing Matt Ryan to leave the booth for this mess even if the Jets wanted him.  Similar story with Rivers.  And Chase Daniel retired in September.

So basically we’re f**ked any way you look at it.  

This blind allegiance to Zach is just absurd at this point.. Brissett, Dobbs, Wentz, Tannehill so many other QBs they could have brought in at the deadline yet we do nothing but sign 34yr old Rodger Saffold 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Besides the fact that we can't sign him, he sucks

8 hours ago, Wit said:

WAIT, there are playoff games in nfl football? I thought it was the regular season, the offseason, free agency, the Super Bowl draft, otas, preseason.

The jets win every offseason.  2022 Zach was coming off his really strong play last 4-5 games of the season not throwing a pick. 2023 we traded for Rodgers 

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I know, but neither is the answer.  Dead End Derek is a joke and will get bounced the minute they face a real defense.

Andy Dalton has been a backup for 3 years now and theres a reason for that.

We need to figure out a permanant solution to the qb issues, not these jokers.

Dude look at the amount of people who want him here and compare that the amount of teams that legitimately wanted him which is 1

😂

I think a lot of Jets fans wanted Carr, but I'll say at least 90% of them wanted Rodgers more.  I remember a lot of "screw the draft picks" talk back then.  Granted I agreed in that scenario - Rodgers was different than any other QB we could have traded for.  But still, funny now to see the "we should have signed Carr" posts.