It Should Be Boyle Time

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah agreed, there’s been some hate speech in this thread that makes me really uncomfortable. 

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed, tough to swallow. 

I've got your back, Sperm:

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Give me Semen or give me death 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

That's it, I'm done with this crap we have seen. Not Simien, he stinks. Boyle is unknown and might be better. I want to see. Saleh needs to stop this BS with Zach. There is only 1 position that he can change that makes a huge difference, QB. Maybe there will be a spark, lets find out. He's the HC and if they lose this game against the Raiduhs, this yr is over. Also, JD gets alot of blame too here. Dobbs is traded for a 6th and we did zip. Shameful JD, SHAMEFUL!!!

Make the move Saleh, NOW!!!

I love this analysis.  I've never seen this guy, so he might be good.  The Hackenberg Effect.  He could also be the worst.  I would assume these guys have seen him and he's thrown balls in practice and they are still rolling with Zach.

10 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Yeah he was so good he lost to Jake Browning for the backup position in Cincy. No.

Tim Boyle was beat out by Nate Sudfeld in Detroit.  Chicago picked him up from Detroit's practice squad where he sat behind Nathan Peterman and they elected not to have him back having PJ Walker and Peterman and eventually settling on UDFA Tyson Bagent out of Shepherd.  Boyle also transferred to Eastern Kentucky because Bryant Shirreffs took his job.  When a guy is 29 years old and you don't know anything about him that is usually not a predictor of NFL success.  I say that as somebody that actually kind of likes Boyle.

• Upvote 1

OP:  "we should play my plumber Mike Hunt, dude ran JV track back in the day.  I think his mom played volleyball too"

everyone else:  "yeah I think Siemian might be a better idea"

OP:  "typical JERK IDIOT fans...."no I want MYYYY GUYYYYY" typical picky bastards"

...am I living in the twilight zone? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

OP:  "we should play my plumber Mike Hunt, dude ran JV track back in the day.  I think his mom played volleyball too"

everyone else:  "yeah I think Siemian might be a better idea"

OP:  "typical JERK IDIOT fans...."no I want MYYYY GUYYYYY" typical picky bastards"

...am I living in the twilight zone? 

Anybody but Zach is the answer. The discussion beyond that is an utter waste of time. Last couple years, any other QB not babes Zach ran the offense better. That’s the most important clue. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Anybody but Zach is the answer. The discussion beyond that is an utter waste of time. Last couple years, any other QB not babes Zach ran the offense better. That’s the most important clue. 

No one is saying "I'd rather stick with Zach".  They're saying "why the **** would we choose Boyle over Siemian?".  You're having an argument with yourself.

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I love this analysis.  I've never seen this guy, so he might be good.  The Hackenberg Effect.  He could also be the worst.  I would assume these guys have seen him and he's thrown balls in practice and they are still rolling with Zach.

Tim Boyle was beat out by Nate Sudfeld in Detroit.  Chicago picked him up from Detroit's practice squad where he sat behind Nathan Peterman and they elected not to have him back having PJ Walker and Peterman and eventually settling on UDFA Tyson Bagent out of Shepherd.  Boyle also transferred to Eastern Kentucky because Bryant Shirreffs took his job.  When a guy is 29 years old and you don't know anything about him that is usually not a predictor of NFL success.  I say that as somebody that actually kind of likes Boyle.

Simien was on his couch and is the new hope. LOL. Lets face it both of these guys are unknown.

10 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

If he had anything, he wouldn't be on the PS. AT least Boyle played in the pre season.

Tim....shouldn't you be studying the playbook or something?  At the very least earning some brownie points with Hack by watching Goldmember and/or Naked Gun?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lmao.  Yeah because if there's one thing we know about this regime, its that they're willing to give QB's not named Zach Wilson a fair shake.

Other teams could take him . So ALL the other teams are missing out too? Nice try

24 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

If he had anything, he wouldn't be on the PS. AT least Boyle played in the pre season.

Siemian also played in the pre-season, for Cincy.

He didn't play well - it was his worst pre-season ever as a pro - but he did play.

27 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Siemien played in the preseason too.  He played for the Bengals.  Neither of them are in danger of getting poached. Boyle is 29.  Neither is the future.  They brought Boyle in because he knew the system.  He was on the practice squad week 1 himself. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Siemien played in the preseason too.  He played for the Bengals.  Neither of them are in danger of getting poached. Boyle is 29.  Neither is the future.  They brought Boyle in because he knew the system.  He was on the practice squad week 1 himself. 

Fine it's coin flip maybe. You pick him and I pick him. Either way, it's a crapshoot. For anyone to say no we need trevor is just making another longshot bet. AT this point, the season is just about over anyway. By this time next week, it will be about tanking for a QB in the draft.

22 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Other teams could take him . So ALL the other teams are missing out too? Nice try

Look, no one is arguing Trevor Siemian is "the answer".  Merely that he's the least sh*tty of 3 sh*tty options right now.  If it had been up to me, someone like Minshew, Davis Mills, Jameis Winston or Jacoby Brissett would have been backing up Rodgers since the summer. 

Since those guys ARE on rosters we have to make do with what we've got.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Playing Zach Wilson, by himself, has cost the Jets offense almost 100 points this season. The feature of playing Boyle or Siemian is that they’d be closer to neutral and would make enough of the easy, baseline plays that Zach routinely misses. 

IMG_4584.jpeg

Holy sh*t.  Nearly twice as many points cost as Bryce Young and Daniel Jones, and not even close to being on the level of studs like Kenny Pickett and Desmond Ridder.

Wow.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Look, no one is arguing Trevor Siemian is "the answer".  Merely that he's the least sh*tty of 3 sh*tty options right now.  If it had been up to me, someone like Minshew, Davis Mills, Jameis Winston or Jacoby Brissett would have been backing up Rodgers since the summer.

Yes, I agree. I think we just disagree on which longshot to try. I said in another thread that if we lose sunday like we did on monday night, that next week we could be talking about tanking for a QB in next ys draft. This season is hanging on by a thread.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Trevor Siemian

• 30 games started 
  • 7027 passing yards
  • 42 passing td's
  • 28 int's

Zach Wilson

• 29 games started
  • 5622 passing yards
  • 20 passing td's
  • 23 int's

If we can trot out Zach Wilson for 3 years I think we can handle a few Trevor Siemian appearances. Would be nice to have a guy who averages more than a TD pass per game. Points are cool.

bbbbut Zaxh has thrown less INTs!!!!

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Maybe, maybe not. Nobody knows.

Pretty sure we know.  Career 3/8 TD:INT ratio is swell and numerous franchises (GB, DET, CHI) have had him in their buildings and on their practice fields.  He also just turned 29 years old.  Did we need to see Christian Hackenberg on an NFL field to know he's terrible?  Sure didn't.

Still very likely to be better than Zach Wilson though and that's quite sad.

• Sympathy 1