It Should Be Boyle Time

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Look, no one is arguing Trevor Siemian is "the answer".  Merely that he's the least sh*tty of 3 sh*tty options right now.  If it had been up to me, someone like Minshew, Davis Mills, Jameis Winston or Jacoby Brissett would have been backing up Rodgers since the summer. 

Since those guys ARE on rosters we have to make do with what we've got.

The thing with Boyle and Siemian is that that are NOT in danger of being poached.  I think they intended to carry Boyle on the PS all season.  He is 29 and there because he has worked with Hackett and knows the system.  Part of the reason they went with Siemian might be that they want to protect that roster spot.  I am sure they want to win now, but not necessarily at the expense of some young talent that might help them in 2024.  Losing this year's equivalent of Tony Adams would be very annoying tot hem I am sure.  

I am a bit interested in how they see the depth chart.  I have no idea how Newman went from first man up and gallantly performing at C to not playing while turner went from 4th G to kicking Mitchell inside for the 1st time in his career.  Siemian seems like a more obvious choice than Boyle, but they have kept Boyle on roster and Siemian on the practice squad all this time.  The fact that the press asked about Siemian and not Boyle also might be telling.