Zach Wilson EVERY THROW - Week 9 - New York Jets vs LA Chargers Highlights

Zach_Wilson_EVERY_THROW__Week_9__New_York_Jets_vs_LA_Charg.gif.82d0026b97d0f0598c19411230c975d5.gif

I'm not saying ZW played well but I do want to point out one throw where I took some issue with what Aikman said.  I remember he really got all over Zach, saying GW could've run this one in for a TD, and you can't miss these types of opportunities, etc.  Where I take issue is that Khalil Mack was in the backfield (blocked by Turner) and he would've knocked the ball down if ZW threw it from the arm angle where GW could've caught it.  So I think ZW altered the throw and it landed incomplete.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

For those of you who want to watch these again, you can thank [mention=32668]bla bla bla[/mention]! 
Not good ...

The offense has zero rhythm, QB has no sense of awareness, OLine can't block for sh*t, RBs not breaking tackles (though great spin) , WR dropping balls everywhere l, presnap penalties like I have never seen before.

It's bad ... The most culpable ... The OC ... Second most culpable the HC, the third the QB

Then everyone else.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that today is WEDNESDAY, and the Pro-Zach All Stars are going to sweep in here with their “Actually, throwing for 260 yards in those conditions was good/Patrick Mahomes threw for 260 yards once” nonsense. 

Receipt saved!

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Zach being bad is not up for debate. I have no issue with him. He doesn’t make the call to start himself or play. I’d rather direct all the hate and anger where it belongs. Whoever is behind this. Whether it’s JD, Saleh, Woody or all 3.

All I can do is root for Zach because it’s all we are allowed to have for some odd reason. He clearly wants to win and tries. That’s all I can ask for at this point. It’s a good thing that this is happening. Too many people stuck their heads in the sand (as usual) after unsustainable fluke wins while the offense is historically bad.

After last years complete collapse, this should have never happened. We NEED to see this terrible offense with any other QB to get an idea how horrific it truly is. Sure, it’ll probably be better with literally any other QB but how much better? These are the important unanswered questions that will destroy 2024 if we can’t find out. 

This is all reasonable.

But I blame ZW for not retiring out of shame and embarrassment.

I respect Corey Davis for recognizing he was done and walking away on his own terms.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is all reasonable.

But I blame ZW for not retiring out of shame and embarrassment.

I respect Corey Davis for recognizing he was done and walking away on his own terms.

Corey Nostradavis knew AR was going down and wanted no part of another season with Zach Wilson

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach_Wilson_EVERY_THROW__Week_9__New_York_Jets_vs_LA_Charg.gif.82d0026b97d0f0598c19411230c975d5.gif

I'm not saying ZW played well but I do want to point out one throw where I took some issue with what Aikman said.  I remember he really got all over Zach, saying GW could've run this one in for a TD, and you can't miss these types of opportunities, etc.  Where I take issue is that Khalil Mack was in the backfield (blocked by Turner) and he would've knocked the ball down if ZW threw it from the arm angle where GW could've caught it.  So I think ZW altered the throw and it landed incomplete.

I can see that now that you point it out - he was trying to keep it from getting tipped.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that today is WEDNESDAY, and the Pro-Zach All Stars are going to sweep in here with their “Actually, throwing for 260 yards in those conditions was good/Patrick Mahomes threw for 260 yards once” nonsense. 

The bottom line to me is that looking at yards thrown for or completion percentage in a given game is missing the point. 

The team cannot score touchdowns with this guy at QB. We have 8 touchdowns in 8 games. Three of them are Breece Hall runs and one was a checkdown that turned into a 50 yard Breece Hall TD. Even in the preseason, I believe Zach had one TD drive while Boyle had like 4 (5?). Enough already. 

When things go well for Zach, it's a few nice passes, a sack on 3rd down inside the red zone, and a FG attempt for Greg the Leg. When they don't go well for him, it's a sack fumble. We just can't watch 9 more games of this. Either you score touchdowns or you leave the Island. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I can see that now that you point it out - he was trying to keep it from getting tipped.

Thank you for being one of the few people who are willing to be reasonable/fair.  As I've said before, year 1 and 2 Zach was Jamarcus-tier but t's difficult to judge "Year 3 Zach" (who has definitely taken strides forward) when he's playing with such a crappy supporting cast.

I still think there's potential for him to be a good QB, given the right situation (e.g. a competent OL along with 2-3 good WRs.  We have 1 superstar and almost nothing else).

• Upvote 3

I don't think Zac even saw Mack in that play tbh. 

Imo the best throw he made all day (indeed one of the best throws of his career) was the one where he actually went to his second read on 3rd down.  The footwork wasn't perfect, but it was definitely something b/c at least he stepped up in the pocket and didn't instantly panic. That's one of the first times in memory where there was some progress on a more advanced NFL lvl throw coupled with some modicum of patience.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:04 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Here's the overhead view (I'm guessing this is the "All 22")

This guy (JP Doyle) makes the point I did:

Meanwhile, Jake Asman is as whiny as ever:

On 11/8/2023 at 7:04 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Great throw by Zach