Could 3 Jets hit 10 sacks this year?

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Tell you this. if things don’t change we will have at least 3x’s as many sacks as touchdowns this year. 

That’s pretty much me and my wife.  My offense has slowed down and her defense is top notch.  Just when I think she’s running a cover 2, out of no where it’s a cover 4 :(

Fail Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Haha 4

JFM on the left edge is sometimes so disheartening. He gets into the backfield every week, but then most QBs seem to avoid getting sacked by him so effortlessly, just running around JFM's left like he's wearing 50-pound ankle weights.

You see him break through the DL and seem to have a QB dead to rights, which is great, but then the play just turns into a casual rollout into a wide open patch of green as though that was the play design from the outset. That brand of pressure can inadvertently lead to a lower pressure rollout-"pocket" than the pocket the QB that may have otherwise collapsed up the middle. 

He has enough quickness to beat a 300-350-lb RT but after that just doesn't have the speed to chase down a QB who possesses even the slightest bit of mobility. The main reason it hasn't been an even bigger killer is our secondary is absolutely top notch, plus some crazy-good DC'ing that unfortunately will most likely end after someone makes Ulbrich an earned HC offer in January. 

Considering the problems on the other side of the ball, on balance the above is relatively a minor complaint, though. This D has been scary good considering how often they get thrown back onto the field after just one Jets offensive series & how said offense so uncommonly prevents opponents from becoming one-dimensional in must-pass situations for several possessions.

Also back to the OP, add in that one of those games is as if it almost didn't happen, given the way the Giants barely passed all game long (let alone repeatedly drop back to challenge the secondary deep to set up a number of sack opportunities, and still racked up 4 of them). 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

JFM on the left edge is sometimes so disheartening. He gets into the backfield every week, but then most QBs seem to avoid getting sacked by him so effortlessly, just running around JFM's left like he's wearing 50-pound ankle weights.

You see him break through the DL and seem to have a QB dead to rights, which is great, but then the play just turns into a casual rollout into a wide open patch of green as though that was the play design from the outset. That brand of pressure can inadvertently lead to a lower pressure rollout-"pocket" than the pocket the QB that may have otherwise collapsed up the middle. 

He has enough quickness to beat a 300-350-lb RT but after that just doesn't have the speed to chase down a QB who possesses even the slightest bit of mobility. The main reason it hasn't been an even bigger killer is our secondary is absolutely top notch, plus some crazy-good DC'ing that unfortunately will most likely end after someone makes Ulbrich an earned HC offer in January. 

Considering the problems on the other side of the ball, on balance the above is relatively a minor complaint, though. This D has been scary good considering how often they get thrown back onto the field after just one Jets offensive series & how said offense so uncommonly prevents opponents from becoming one-dimensional in must-pass situations for several possessions.

Also back to the OP, add in that one of those games is as if it almost didn't happen, given the way the Giants barely passed all game long (let alone repeatedly drop back to challenge the secondary deep to set up a number of sack opportunities, and still racked up 4 of them). 

feels like JFM has a roughing penalty every couple of games.  

but your point on the rolling out and open field is definitely true.  seems like it happens alot. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That’s pretty much me and my wife.  My offense has slowed down and her defense is top notch.  Just when I think she’s running a cover 2, out of no where it’s a cover 4 :(

Fail Season 3 GIF by The Office

Try being more offensive?

• Haha 1

That’s pretty much me and my wife.  My offense has slowed down and her defense is top notch.  Just when I think she’s running a cover 2, out of no where it’s a cover 4

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9b972rfxpm5iu6czco0itnh0ugezleodtk3tp81hf&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g
You could always try holding, I hear that works. Just avoid any illegal touching. Especially in the end zone.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1