Why Are We Even Upset?

Ulrich

Entering Monday night this was a 4-3 team in name only. More like 2-5 after the miracle Giants win and semi miracle Philly win. Not to mention a fluky walk off win week 1. 

Jets were clearly a very flawed team entering the season. Rodgers going down exposed that fatal flaw. A house-of-cards offense with him. Once his card was pulled the whole operation collapsed.

Joe D & Saleh set up this team to fail if Rodgers got hurt. Why be surprised or upset it played out that way Monday night and the season so far. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Entering Monday night this was a 4-3 team in name only. More like 2-5 after the miracle Giants win and semi miracle Philly win. Not to mention a fluky walk off win week 1. 

Jets were clearly a very flawed team entering the season. Rodgers going down exposed that fatal flaw. A house-of-cards offense with him. Once his card was pulled the whole operation collapsed.

Joe D & Saleh set up this team to fail if Rodgers got hurt. Why be surprised or upset it played out that way Monday night and the season so far. 

I don't  know, maybe it's  the QB's inability to make the right decisions a in his 3rd seasons

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah, this, most of us saw this coming even though many chose to ignore the truth but the reason it's frustrating is because Josh Dobbs just joined the Vikings for peanuts and in 4 days of prep, was responsible for as many TD's in 1 game as the Jets have scored in the past 17 quarters of Football.

Once again, the average Jets fan could do a better job GMing than our last four GMs. “Why are Jets fans mad?”

Literal bird brains on JN know better than Woody. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because they had multiple opportunities to avoid this fate by simply signing or trading for a median backup QB to pair with this elite defense and they refused

JD acts as if he’s had so much success outsmarting the rest of the NFL and multiple Super Bowls he’s won nothing but Woodys money and produced a losing football team drafted a bust at #2 pick. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Once again, the average Jets fan could do a better job GMing than our last four GMs. “Why are Jets fans mad?”

Literal bird brains on JN know better than Woody. 

yep.  I remember all offseson @jgb was bitching about the biggest weakness was back up Qb and he took a lot of heat for it, might even be the reason he's not around.  I think I even gave a little push back even though I did agree, and oh wow, here we are...and I'm the bird brain in this scenario, not jgb.  lol 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

yep.  I remember all offseson @jgb was bitching about the biggest weakness was back up Qb and he took a lot of heat for it, might even be the reason he's not around.  I think I even gave a little push back even though I did agree, and oh wow, here we are...and I'm the bird brain in this scenario, not jgb.  lol 

The biggest weakness was in fact Rodgers 

Because we were obviously being lied to during the preseason that Zach was playing well and that they weren’t intentionally hiding him. He’s not an NFL level QB and the Jets have conned up this plan to continue to pretend that he is. It’s insulting. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, this, most of us saw this coming even though many chose to ignore the truth but the reason it's frustrating is because Josh Dobbs just joined the Vikings for peanuts and in 4 days of prep, was responsible for as many TD's in 1 game as the Jets offense (Breece Hall) have scored in the past 17 quarters of Football.

They either have a delusionally high opinion of Zach or unreasonably low conclusion on what is out there and available. Like I get we needed to go after a WR as well and no one really trades quality OL, but to completely pass on finding a passable QB is gross negligence.

• Upvote 2

Because despite the dopey OC and the decimated offensive line, there are two high end playmakers on offense that could probably scrape together 17-20 points a game if they weren't saddled with an all time loser at QB. We're watching about as good a defense as I've ever seen this accursed franchise ever have and it's paired with complete butt.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

5 years from now, someone will write a tell-all book exposing the truth regarding the baffling infatuation this organization currently has with Zach Wilson and I can't wait to read it. 

That's what I'm saying. Idk if it's a Woody thing or maybe Douglas is just inexplicably in love with this guy but it is truly hard to wrap your head around. Someone will eventually try to cover their ass and leak it though and I'm really looking forward to that

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because they had multiple opportunities to avoid this fate by simply signing or trading for a median backup QB to pair with this elite defense and they refused

Jets acquiring any one of those backups that we called for and installing him as the QB2 ahead of Zach Wilson = Jets winning this division.  

I guess some here don't like the idea of fighting for the first home playoff game since 2002 or something.  I was at that game.  I was 16 years old then.  I'm 37 now.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep, he left over taking so much sh*t for all that.  Same reason @ZachEY isn't around any longer.

Zach Wilson era babyyyyy

• Haha 1

To be honest, I have not really gotten upset over this franchise since around 2011 or so. It started to be clear to me what a disaster of an owner and org we had around that time, after the whole Rex/Tannenbaum/Tebow/Idzik situation how dysfunctional things were, and I kind of detached myself emotionally from the results of the team. I root for them, watch them, follow them, talk to my freidns and family who are Jets fans about them, spend time on this forum, but I have literally zero expectations for them. I expect them to make terrible hires and terrible decisions, and dissapoint. If they happen to surprise me someday to the upside, it will be great, but I just can't associate any emotional baggage with this team good or bad and havent for a long time, and I am someone who used to have huge emotional attachment to this team

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yep. The giants signed tyrod Taylor, most think he was even better than their qb1. Makes you wonder, is JD that stupid ? Or is he just in love with Zach Wilson that much ? It’s either 1 of the 2 if not both.
I think he refuses to give up on Zach. Has a natural bias that thinks of him lot more highly than everyone else. Hence, he thought Zach was at worst at qb2. Either way, rodgers is definitely the reason why JD and maybe even salah are not getting canned. If there was no more Aaron at the end of the zach nightmare, those who chose to stick with Zach to pair with this elite D would need to be held accountable on their big loss of a bet. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Again, fishy. No one actually sincerely thought Wilson was better than Lawrence, but somehow the Jets believed it? 

This was reported all over the place how much MLF loved ZW. This was why I will never understand how many people gave MLF a pass for having ZW as his QB, he hand picked him and then ignored all of his flaws

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This was reported all over the place how much MLF loved ZW. This was why I will never understand how many people gave MLF a pass for having ZW as his QB, he hand picked him and then ignored all of his flaws

Draft Day wasn’t as off base as people think. People will buy into anything if the owner wants it.  Joe Douglas was getting fired by the Eagles before Woody hired him to a massive contract. He owed him.

43 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Losing AVT and the other OT didn't help either.

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

Losing AVT and the other OT didn't help either.

The problem with this sport is that it’s too dependent on having a good qb.  In our case, when you have the worst qb, not much else can help.  We all cheer when tippman returns but it doesn’t matter.  We would cheer if they finally played izzy over carter or cook but it won’t matter.  In time we’ll see the McDonald pick was good as well but it won’t matter.  “It just doesn’t matter….”

the more this Wilson tragedy drags, the more likely it’s woody’s doing.  And at some point his loyalty and allegiance will take a back seat to (once again) embarrassment and that will be the impetus that drives him to make changes.  

• Upvote 2

Perhaps missing the playoffs for soon to be 13 seasons in a row has something to do with it.  Or perhaps it's the soon to be 8 losing seasons in a row.  Or perhaps it's the wasting of a Superbowl level defense on yet another putrid offensive squad.

These "how dare you be upset" threads are trash.  The fans deserve better.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2