Why Are We Even Upset?

Ulrich

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Draft Day wasn’t as off base as people think. People will buy into anything if the owner wants it.  Joe Douglas was getting fired by the Eagles before Woody hired him to a massive contract. He owed him.

wait, so youre suggesting that MLF did not actually love ZW, and that MLF was just doing what Woody wanted?

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

wait, so youre suggesting that MLF did not actually love ZW, and that MLF was just doing what Woody wanted?

What I’m saying is this was a Woody decision to draft him. And it continues to be a Woody decision to play him and keep him on the roster. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Entering Monday night this was a 4-3 team in name only. More like 2-5 after the miracle Giants win and semi miracle Philly win. Not to mention a fluky walk off win week 1. 

Jets were clearly a very flawed team entering the season. Rodgers going down exposed that fatal flaw. A house-of-cards offense with him. Once his card was pulled the whole operation collapsed.

Joe D & Saleh set up this team to fail if Rodgers got hurt. Why be surprised or upset it played out that way Monday night and the season so far. 

Well, with all you said, many could have also said losing by 5 to NE and 3 to KC both at home should have been wins having the Jets before MNF at 6-1. So, at 4-3 most Jet fans felt things were looking up despite the struggles on O. Now, after 8 games the Jets were only beaten badly against the Cowboys and Chargers and in each game only a few plays going the Jets way could have made those games much mor competitive. So, after 8 games Jets are still in it and we have to see how things shake out regardless of who is playing QB.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What I’m saying is this was a Woody decision to draft him. And it continues to be a Woody decision to play him and keep him on the roster. 

I hate woody as much as anyone, but I think this is a huge stretch, they hired MLF and everyone thought the world of him, he loved, absolutely loved ZW. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

That is not fact but you have every right to feel that way if you want to.

i will give him one credit since he's returned to the sidelines the offensive players have stopped yelling at each other on camera

still there are easier ways to hire a coach 

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

19 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

This continues to be nonsense and absolves Joe Douglas of all the blame he deserves

i think there's room in this world for both of these things to be true 

Joe Douglas made a terrible scout endorsement on a player he knew Woody would like Personally and Woody likes to help out people who moves in his circles and believe what he does 

corporate executives call this synergy 

like when they sell the Jets jerseys next to the heartburn medication

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Joe Douglas made a terrible scout endorsement on a player he knew Woody would like Personally and Woody likes to help out people who moves in his circles and believe what he does 

Agree 100%.  I'm not saying that Woody, being the meddlesome star humper he is, doesn't try to put his thumb on the scale.  But Douglas is a big boy and he is the one calling the shots.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

yep.  I remember all offseson @jgb was bitching about the biggest weakness was back up Qb and he took a lot of heat for it, might even be the reason he's not around.  I think I even gave a little push back even though I did agree, and oh wow, here we are...and I'm the bird brain in this scenario, not jgb.  lol 

@jgb isn't around? I see him everyday!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Soon they will move it next to the depends because 85% of us will be wearing them before they even sniff a playoff game. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Entering Monday night this was a 4-3 team in name only. More like 2-5 after the miracle Giants win and semi miracle Philly win. Not to mention a fluky walk off win week 1. 

Jets were clearly a very flawed team entering the season. Rodgers going down exposed that fatal flaw. A house-of-cards offense with him. Once his card was pulled the whole operation collapsed.

Joe D & Saleh set up this team to fail if Rodgers got hurt. Why be surprised or upset it played out that way Monday night and the season so far. 

How many NFL teams aren't flawed including teams that will make the playoffs.  Take a look at the Steelers.  They have a real HC.  I suspect the Jets with Tomlin are an 11 win flawed team.  

• Upvote 1

I’ve been stubbornly holding on to hope that ZW could begin to show competency at the QB position.

still stubborn..but have 1 foot off now ..ready to fully jump off the train

Have to admit his flaws seem fatal.  Basically.. from looking at replays..views of the whole field..he seems to fixate on his primary target ..and doesn’t check down to throw to secondary options.  At times..there are guys open that he just doesn’t see. (However..many times..our weak receiver group - minus GW..are just not getting separation).  I’m sure anxiety..a lack of confidence..narrows his vision and leads to indecisiveness.
Having a weak offensive line and an absence of a good #2 receiver..obviously doesn’t help. 
It’s a very dire situation..with an 8-9 final record (at best)..most likely now, imo.

:sigh:

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Another good thread for @HighPitch to tell everybody they're mentally weak and how he wouldn't want to have them in his foxhole as he works his non-military day job.

Yay!

dude get off my tip im a married man

I never said "mentally weak" you did.  

Your negativity is toxic and yes I would never want to go to war with a whining cry baby like yourself. I would never want to have to go through a life threatening sickness with you by my side whispering doom and gloom. Its just that simple. Youre toxic and a big mouth!!

5 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

This continues to be nonsense and absolves Joe Douglas of all the blame he deserves

Douglas sucks. But all we can discuss is in the now- is Douglas not allowing Saleh to activate Simien too? Boyle is on the sideline in uniform because he’s not going to play.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

Because despite the dopey OC and the decimated offensive line, there are two high end playmakers on offense that could probably scrape together 17-20 points a game if they weren't saddled with an all time loser at QB. We're watching about as good a defense as I've ever seen this accursed franchise ever have and it's paired with complete butt.

The decimated OL and having only 1 legitimate WR on the roster makes it difficult to throw.  And if you can't throw, it makes it much easier for the opponent to take away the run.

Bill Parcells used to say that if you have 1 pass rusher then you have no pass rushers (because the opponent can scheme to take away the good one).  It's basically the same thing as Saleh's "pressure bursts pipes" comment.  Our WR corps behind GW has to be among the very worst in the NFL.  And our OL seems to be decimated by injury every year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because they had multiple opportunities to avoid this fate by simply signing or trading for a median backup QB to pair with this elite defense and they refused

I would like to add that a more proactive approach to the OL in the draft and free agency would have been smart.  But thank God we signed Lazard for 4 years and drafted an EDGE rusher who is good at sprinting in shorts.

The OL is worse than when JD got here.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Douglas sucks. But all we can discuss is in the now- is Douglas not allowing Saleh to activate Simien too? Boyle is on the sideline in uniform because he’s not going to play.

They are probably keeping Siemian on the PS because they are scared of him.  They likely know Boyle is garbage.  At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they start Boyle unprepared so he can throw 4 ints and the organization can say "see, Zach is our best option" and go back to him.  We are reaching really strange levels of obsession with this kid.

4 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

They are probably keeping Siemian on the PS because they are scared of him.  They likely know Boyle is garbage.  At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they start Boyle unprepared so he can throw 4 ints and the organization can say "see, Zach is our best option" and go back to him.  We are reaching really strange levels of obsession with this kid.

I don’t believe White ever backed up Wilson in a game last season. He was immediately elevated to starter and Zach was deactivated. The whole thing is lunacy.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It is Cimini’s belief that they don’t want to throw Siemian out there with the OL all banged up because Siemian has less than zero mobility and he’d have no chance to be competitive. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is Cimini’s belief that they don’t want to throw Siemian out there with the OL all banged up because Siemian has less than zero mobility and he’d have no chance to be competitive. 

They don’t let Zach run either. Or Zachs family told the Jets he’s not running. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've heard this as well.  And I'm sure the don't want to throw Boyle out there because he flat-out stinks.