I Am A Dupe... I Am A Hypocrite.

THE BARON

Why would Woodrow want to see Zach Wilson play any more football?

He was on record all offseason that they needed a vet.

Have seen speculation that this is about keeping Rodgers happy, and that makes more sense to me.

Why Rodgers is so invested in Zach I have no idea, but it is what it is.

I think it’s either Rodgers or the GM refusing to take the L.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

Imagine if they lost to a bad team.  

time to move on 

They lost to a team with arguably the worse defense in football.  They lost by three scores.  The Jets could not even manage anything resembling NFL type offensive production.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Saleh is not pleading the 5th due to Woody getting involved.

He is pleading the 5th because he handed the offense over to Hackett and Rodgers to do with as they please.

I don't agree.

Rodgers is not playing.  Hackett is not running an offense with an NFL quality QB.  He's working with arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Wood is the one forcing Wilson on everyone.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I don't agree.

Rodgers is not playing.  Hackett is not running an offense with an NFL quality QB.  He's working with arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL.

I get that everyone despises Woody and wants to blame him, but this just doesn't make any sense.

Why would Woody want his franchise to continue to be embarrassed on national TV with Zach Wilson?

Woody was the one publicly throwing Zach under the bus all offseason  -- "obviously the missing link last year, our biggest weakness was at the quarterback position" -- and demanding a vet QB.

Aaron Rodgers has the organization over a barrel with his guaranteed money stretched out over 7 years and the expectations of the fan base paying for increased season ticket prices with the expectation of him delivering a Super Bowl trophy.

It's about keeping Rodgers happy and about refusing to give up on the #2 overall pick.

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nonsense.

Mike Williams is on IR and the Chargers D sucks, 32nd v pass and 31st in yards allowed.

The Jets D held them to 190 total yards and they still lost by 3 TDs.

This was a winnable game with any semblance of competent QB play.

Forget about Dobbs or Brissett.

Even a scrub Iike Siemian or Nick Mullens or Foles gets them that W simply by taking the layups and not trying to be idiotic Superman on every play like ZW. 

Well we dont have a compentent qb.  So again, why was anyone confident we would win this game?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I don't agree.

We can agree to disagree, Woody is not forcing anything, he wants to win and will go along with what the GM and coach want.

16 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I don't agree.

Yet NY Jets fans continue to praise this clown seeing fans gather around shake his hand pose for pictures makes me sick. I had the opportunity to speak to him years ago I told him fans are angry frustrated dissatisfied in this organization no emphasis on winning he wasn’t happy and walked away. I refused to shake his hand. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I get that everyone despises Woody and wants to blame him, but this just doesn't make any sense.

Why would Woody want his franchise to continue to be embarrassed on national TV with Zach Wilson?

Woody was the one publicly throwing Zach under the bus all offseason  -- "obviously the missing link last year, our biggest weakness was at the quarterback position" -- and demanding a vet QB.

Aaron Rodgers has the organization over a barrel with his guaranteed money stretched out over 7 years and the expectations of the fan base paying for increased season ticket prices with the expectation of him delivering a Super Bowl trophy.

It's about keeping Rodgers happy and about refusing to give up on the #2 overall pick.

We dont agree.  But if it is indeed the scenario you laid out. who was responsible for Rodgers ??? By all accounts, it was Woody

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We can agree to disagree, Woody is not forcing anything, he wants to win and will go along with what the GM and coach want.

He care more about politics and social mixing with elites than he does about the Jets.  It is just a toy he rolls out at cocktail parties.  He'd prefer if they were winning, but he has no clue how to do it. 

He care more about politics and social mixing with elites than he does about the Jets.  It is just a toy he rolls out at cocktail parties.  He'd prefer if they were winning, but he has no clue how to do it. 

If you are thinking that Woody feels such loyalty to somebody who isn't involved in the advertiser's business that he's staking his entire multi-billion dollar business on letting a nepotism draft pick be the face of the franchise is beyond absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

If you are thinking that Woody feels such loyalty to somebody who isn't involved in the advertiser's business that he's staking his entire multi-billion dollar business on letting a nepotism draft pick be the face of the franchise is beyond absurd.

Not absurd.  Consistent.  

It is why everyone left town on a greased rail including Belichick when they got a load of Woody. 

It is also why Joe Namath has been censured from the Jets. 

We are talking about a person that knows little to nothing about the ins and outs of life but has the inherited resources to maintain his self deceit.

If Joe Namath or Belichick knows better and says so in Woody's illustrious presence, he just closes the door on them and declares victory. 

Dunning Kruger

• Upvote 2

Not absurd.  Consistent.  
It is why everyone left town on a greased rail including Belichick when they got a load of Woody. 
We are talking about a person that knows little to nothing about the ins and outs of life but has the inherited resources to maintain his self deceit.
If Joe Namath or Belichick knows better and says so in Woody's illustrious presence, he just closes the door on them and declares victory. 
Dunning Kruger

Belichick left due to what happened in Cleveland plus New England giving him a job. If there was no job in New England, he roams the Jets sidelines in 2000.

Joe Namath has been slandering the team for years. No different than other franchises having soured relationships with former players.

Woody isn’t forcing Saleh to play Zach because his uncle founded Jet Blue.

Just now, mfmartin said:

Belichick left due to what happened in Cleveland plus New England giving him a job. If there was no job in New England, he roams the Jets sidelines in 2000.

Joe Namath has been slandering the team for years. No different than other franchises having soured relationships with former players.

We respectfully agree to disagree.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

Opinion or do you have a cite???

19 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Not absurd.  Consistent.  

Dunning Kruger

29 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

Im with Baron and have been  for 12 years . Woody has done nothing smart as an owner to support MF's theory.  In fact, all evidence supports Baron. Not 1 experienced , in demand coach or GM, has entertained coming here.  Woody is the common denominator. He leaves the team and gives control to his idiot unaccomplished brother and you want to defend his business acumen?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Im with Baron and have been  for 12 years . Woody has done nothing smart as an owner to support MF's theory.  In fact, all evidence supports Baron. Not 1 experienced , in demand coach or GM, has entertained coming here.  Woody is the common denominator. He leaves the team and gives control to his idiot unaccomplished brother and you want to defend his business acumen?

Add to that.  Woody stated in front of the media that getting his candidate elected was more important than what goes on with the Jets...

And... He fires his GM (Tanny) and forces Rex and Idzik to coexist.  The result of that was Idzik sabotaging Rex.  Who could not have seen that disfunction coming ???

And Woody insists that both the GM and HC report to him and lick his feet equally.  

• Upvote 2

Joe Douglas was definitely getting hired the following year (got the biggest contract of any first year GM) Saleh was the hot coaching candidate of that cycle.

Aaron Rodgers could have picked his lot of teams to come to, but came here.

The Jets benched Zach, everyone in the organization (including Woody multiple times) last offseason said that the quarterback play was ass. They went on a whirlwind tour for Carr and Rodgers.

But now Woody is forcing Saleh and JD to play Zach?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, mfmartin said:

Joe Douglas was definitely getting hired the following year (got the biggest contract of any first year GM) Saleh was the hot coaching candidate of that cycle. (After another poor GM hire chain Idzik and MCC)

Aaron Rodgers could have picked his lot of teams to come to, but came here. (Says who? I imagine at his price only 3-4 teams were in the running. Good teams don't need/shouldn't need a 40 year old QB.)

The Jets benched Zach, everyone in the organization (including Woody multiple times) last offseason said that the quarterback play was ass. They went on a whirlwind tour for Carr and Rodgers. (Then why can't Saleh be open and honest)

But now Woody is forcing Saleh and JD to play Zach? I don't know that....  but I suspect someone other than Saleh is making the call.

Woody is amongst the worst owners in all sports. Jets are amongst the worst teams in all sports. It's not debatable if you go on W/L.

Woody is amongst the worst owners in all sports. Jets are amongst the worst teams in all sports. It's not debatable if you go on W/L.

They rank 24 in win percentage since he bought the team. So judging by your method there are 8 owners worse.

Woody spends money, not sure what else an owner can do. He hasn’t hired the right people. It’s not easy. Tom Benson was despised in New Orleans for years. He hired Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis and that suddenly goes away. Did he learn to be a great owner or just hire the right people?

• Upvote 1