Is there a common denominator on what went wrong with the offense?

The easy answer is Rodgers got hurt and Zach stinks.  I think it goes much deeper than that.  They had lots of decisions to make in building the offense.

Needed a solid offensive coordinator.  Signed Hackett whose only accomplishment is he knows Rodgers and let's him call the plays.

Needed Offensive line help.  With serious questions at both OT's, they signed Turnstile Turner and drafted a redshirt OT.

Needed help at WR.  Signed the dropsy twins in Lazard and Cobb.  Neither of whom can get open.  Did not draft a wide receiver, despite drafting redshirt picks at DE, OT, RD, LB, S.

Ignored backup QB.  Zach should have been redshirted.  Boyle is not an option.  There were far better options available.

Concerned about Breece returning from injury.  Signed Dalvin Cook who hasn't found a tackle he can break.

What is common in all of this?  It was all done to make Rodgers happy.  Joe Douglas abdicated the GM job and let Rodgers decide how to build the offense.  Everything wrong with the offense is due to bad personnel decisions tied to focusing solely on Rodgers priorities and his selections of how to address those priorities. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don’t begrudge your confusion, Joe, as Pac’s response makes no sense, so let me help explain: in a bid to increase his stranglehold on the title of Wrongest Man On The Internet, Pac has taken to arguing that Dalvin Cook is actually good.

a lot of competition on this site - who want it more?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I don’t begrudge your confusion, Joe, as Pac’s response makes no sense, so let me help explain: in a bid to increase his stranglehold on the title of Wrongest Man On The Internet, Pac has taken to arguing that Dalvin Cook is actually good.

Looks like Joe got a new member of his Breece Hall is mediocre whack pack. 

Congrats. 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Looks like Joe got a new member of his Breece Hall is mediocre whack pack. 

Congrats. 

I think you're misunderstanding him.

I believe he means "Hall is the only decent RB on the Jets roster".

I.e. Hall is fine, the rest are not.

Reading the comment in context helps.  

I don't think he is intending to say that Breece Hall is "ONLY decent", i.e. he is not good or potentially great, just decent.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think you're misunderstanding him.

I believe he means "Hall is the only decent RB on the Jets roster".

I.e. Hall is fine, the rest are not.

Reading the comment in context helps.  

I don't think he is intending to say that Breece Hall is "ONLY decent", i.e. he is not good or potentially great, just decent.

Hope this helps.

Ive always had trouble deciphering jws posts so this helps. 

That said gif stands.  How can you say he's only decent RB on roster when you refuse to give the ball to anyone else. 

If Cook was on Dolphins he'd have top 10 production.  In retrospect I'm sure he wishes he had taken a little less and been somewhere that had a competent offense. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hex said:

That's 10 more carries than he should have

Last 3 games Hall has 106 yards rushing on an average of 2.65 yards per carry. 

Cook averaging 3.33 per carry same time frame. 

No.. Obviously Cook not better but the point is we don't know what he can do because he's not utilized at all.  

The horrific OL and QB play is destroying the offense. 

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Pac said:

Ive always had trouble deciphering jws posts so this helps. 

That said gif stands.  How can you say he's only decent RB on roster when you refuse to give the ball to anyone else. 

If Cook was on Dolphins he'd have top 10 production.  In retrospect I'm sure he wishes he had taken a little less and been somewhere that had a competent offense. 

Dalvin Cook runs like he has a full diaper 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Are you being serious in thinking that our O's problem...is not running Dalvin Cook 20 times a game?

Uhh no.. Not what I said at all. 

Although offense would be better with 40 runs a game and Cook getting 12-15 of them.