For those DEFENDING Zach Wilson

Zach Wilson out there literally manslaughter'ing Jet fans at this point with his bumbling incompetence.

Dudes on the Jake Asman show blowing gaskets, having their aneurysms triggered live on YouTube.

Hospital balls to Garrett Wilson.

Old men losing their teeth in the stands.

J-O-K-E Joke Joke Joke

• Haha 2

He is awful but he is an interesting case in being awful.  He alternates in doing things that help you lose games.

For example if you look at his stat line from the Chargers game:

263 yards passing - good

67% rate - good

34:27 offense time of possession - good

But then the awful points scored, 3rd down conversions and fumbles

Wilson for the first two and a quarter parts of his career was not a fumbler, as a matter of fact he was one of the better guys in the league at not fumbling.  Now all of a sudden he is a fumbler, he is not throwing picks much at all but he is fumbling.

He has thrown 1 int in his last 6 games.

Now the other parts of our offense are extremely bad as well.  

Breece Hall and Garret Wilson are top notch the rest of the offense is poor to terrible.  

People will rail against this notion as there is no way to prove it either way but I am betting that though being better our offense still would not be good under Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He is awful but he is an interesting case in being awful.  He alternates in doing things that help you lose games.

263 yards passing - good

67% rate - good

Wilson for the first two and a quarter parts of his career was not a fumbler, as a matter of fact he was one of the better guys in the league at not fumbling.  Now all of a sudden he is a fumbler, he is not throwing picks much at all but he is fumbling.

Breece Hall and Garret Wilson are top notch the rest of the offense is poor to terrible.  

People will rail against this notion as there is no way to prove it either way but I am betting that though being better our offense still would not be good under Rodgers.

He’s just so frustrating because you can see that there’s something there nearly every game. He makes incredible throws with pinpoint accuracy but in 90% of the game he’s being a complete dope. You want to root for him in hopes that he can finally figure it out but it never seems to happen 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He’s just so frustrating because you can see that there’s something there nearly every game. He makes incredible throws with pinpoint accuracy but in 90% of the game he’s being a complete dope. You want to root for him in hopes that he can finally figure it out but it never seems to happen 

I was done with that about a year ago.

• Upvote 1

Zach Wilson at this point is tantamount to a bad addiction for Joe Douglas.

Hitting "rock bottom" is actually a good thing, because it wakes you up and makes you own up to the problem.

Douglas refuses to accept it.

But this is not gonna end well.

If Douglas refuses to make the decision, it's gonna be made for him.

The next hospital ball by ZW to GW could end his season, put him in an ambulance.

Who are we kidding, though?

Even then, Joe Douglas would want to stick with Zach.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

263 yards passing - good

67% rate - good

My analogy for Zach is a leaking damm. He patches up one hole such as dirting short balls and another leak starts elsewhere, not throwing interceptions and now fumbling. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Looking at the team, I think they planned to start him in 2021 to get his feet wet while they did the install and then be competitive in 2022 as the start of a long string of competitive seasons.  The D sucked in 2021, but man they sure have turned it around.  Zach sucked in 2021 but man he sure hasn't. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Looking at the team, I think they planned to start him in 2021 to get his feet wet while they did the install and then be competitive in 2022 as the start of a long string of competitive seasons.  The D sucked in 2021, but man they sure have turned it around.  Zach sucked in 2021 but man he sure hasn't. 

This was exactly the plan. Let the whole team suck and learn from it because they are young. He just never got much better 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

263 yards passing - good

67% rate - good

Zach Wilson has yet to have an objectively good game over 30 starts. The closest would be the Titans game his rookie year. His first start was also one of his best, as no one had tape on him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is what genuinely worries me ... if and when we finally get Rodgers back, the expectation will be for fireworks aplenty (of the good kind :D ).

But Rodgers with this OL / surrounding cast will be a scary proposition. Zach is mobile and can escape pressure quite well on a lot of plays (whether he uses that for good or bad is a different matter). Rodgers is NOT mobile like that. 

I guess the question becomes ... what is the least improvement that we would need from our offense to be a dangerous team? If we were league average on O and as good as we are on D / ST, does that get us play-offs / division / etc? Or do we need to be Top 10, Top 5 ... how much difference can just Rodgers make on his own?

Look the deal with Zach and most NFL Qbs this season is they have bad games even the really good ones like Mahomes. I have no problem if Saleh decides to again sack Zach like he did last season. The offense definitely needs a change. And he does not consistently move the offense., And he gets sacked too much.  But Monday night there were dropped passes, a punt return for a TD, the defense played well but recovered no turnovers whereas the Chargers D did. Also the play calling wasn't working and they stayed with running the ball most first downs. When in previous weeks throwing the ball earlier had been successful. I don't believe Saleh is staying with Zach just to prove they were correct drafting him overall 2. That point has been made on the field, it was a mistake. And they not only benched him last year but they deactivated him for a few games. And then demoted him to second string after trading for AR. I'm not going to kill JD on this one he adequately prepared for 2024 at the QB position and they even just signed Siemian an experienced NFL QB. After signing Boyle also an NFL QB with starts. If it were me I'd start Boyle on Sunday night with Zach as no. 2. 

27 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

JD is the problem period, crying about woody is pointless because he’s going nowhere.

JD is the one who handles roster moves with the ego of a 6 time SB winning GM and y’all do nothing but blame the people HE hired.

Zach Wilson is low hanging fruit 

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Zach Wilson at this point is tantamount to a bad addiction for Joe Douglas.

Hitting "rock bottom" is actually a good thing, because it wakes you up and makes you own up to the problem.

Douglas refuses to accept it.

But this is not gonna end well.

If Douglas refuses to make the decision, it's gonna be made for him.

The next hospital ball by ZW to GW could end his season, put him in an ambulance.

Who are we kidding, though?

Even then, Joe Douglas would want to stick with Zach.

You say this a lot, but it’s just as speculative as anyone else’s theory. Saleh is clearly saying, “it isn’t me,” and, personally, I have a difficult time believing that JD somehow has veto power over his owner. It’s not Douglas’ money. If Woody is done with Zach, JD has no reason not to spend some of it. Seems that the most logical answer is that Woody isn’t done, because Saleh seems to at least understand being done with Zach.  

Saleh and Douglas also seem to have a very strong relationship, one where I doubt JD is stepping on his toes making coaching decisions. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

You say this a lot, but it’s just as speculative as anyone else’s theory. Saleh is clearly saying, “it isn’t me,” and, personally, I have a difficult time believing that JD somehow has veto power over his owner. It’s not Douglas’ money. If Woody is done with Zach, JD has no reason not to spend some of it. Seems that the most logical answer is that Woody isn’t done, because Saleh seems to at least understand being done with Zach.  

Saleh and Douglas also seem to have a very strong relationship, one where I doubt JD is stepping on his toes making coaching decisions. 

Well here’s what we do know:

-Woody was not supportive of Zach last season when he made those comments about the quarterback showing that he was / is willing to pull the plug on him.

-Joe B who has grown close to Saleh and literally text him daily, said yesterday to Tiki: “I think it’s Joe Douglas trying to justify his draft pick”

Hard to believe it’s not mostly JD on this one I’m sorry 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Well here’s what we do know:

-Woody was not supportive of Zach last season when he made those comments about the quarterback showing that he was / is willing to pull the plug on him.

-Joe B who has grown close to Saleh and literally text him daily, said yesterday to Tiki: “I think it’s Joe Douglas trying to justify his draft pick”

Hard to believe it’s not mostly JD on this one I’m sorry 

If Woody wanted Zach out, he’d be out. That’s one of the perks of being the owner, you get your way whenever you want to. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Is anyone still defending him? 

Several folks, yes.  Not quite so directly this week, but wait till we win one, they'll be back and full throated "he just wins" again.

Anytime you read a post that contains "Zach may suck/be a backup/etc., but he's not the primary problem" or "The entire Offense sucks, O-line, RB, WR, Coaching!  It's no time and all the drops!" post, you're probably reading a back-handed Zach-Defense post.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

ZW is such a strange cat.

He loves to run around for 10 seconds instead of just throwing the ball on time, and he always runs BACKWARDS first instead of forward.

Does he not understand that the goal of drives is to move forward?

When he actually does start to scramble for positive yardage, he either:

a) Declines to take the space in front of him and dumps it off to a (covered) RB or TE

b) Lowers his shoulder into a linebacker when he has the option of running towards the sideline for equivalent yardage

• Haha 1