Jets Offensive Line in Flux as Billy Turner Breaks Hand

JetNation

Billy-Turner-head-shot-scaled.jpg

The forever changing Jets offensive line remains in flux as Jets head coach Robert Saleh told the media today that tackle Billy Turner has a broken bone in his hand.  Saleh called the injury “concerning”.

If unable to go against the Raiders, the Jets would field yet another offensive line combo which would be their eighth different look in nine games.  Turner earned his first start this past Monday night against the Chargers and struggled mightily as he surrendered nine quarterback pressures and three sacks according to pro football focus.

If Turner can’t go and Duane Brown isn’t cleared, expect the team to kick Max Mitchell back out to right tackle with Mekhi Becton starting on the left side and either Xavier Newman or the newly signed Rodger Saffold at right guard.

The post Jets Offensive Line in Flux as Billy Turner Breaks Hand appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, this injury is what puts the OL in flux. This is the one, lol.

Compared to the 60-minute facepalm of Mitchell again at RG and Turner at RT, is there anyone else more ok with than than moving Mitchell back to RT and putting Saffold in at RG? I mean, anyone not currently employed by the Jets.

I don't worry about Saffold's conditioning. It won't be a factor since we can't convert 3rd downs anyway.

I honestly don't understand why they flipped Mitchell and Turner.  They played the Giants with Mitchell at T and Turner at G.  Why the switch?  Did Mitchell practice at G with the hope of Brown coming back?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I honestly don't understand why they flipped Mitchell and Turner.  They played the Giants with Mitchell at T and Turner at G.  Why the switch?  Did Mitchell practice at G with the hope of Brown coming back?

because Keith Carter isn't good at his job

If you'd like to know more, Taylor Lewan had many interesting quotes on the subject

not that Taylor Lewan is some sort of bastion of fairness and sportsmanship 

but he knows his position - all these guys do that's how they make their money 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

honestly Saleh and DEmeco Ryans have alot in common 

not just working together (i assume) in SF or wherever

they are both in the leadership and defense business 

would I trade Ryans for Saleh today? There's no difference in their HC abilities. They both know defense. They both have a weak spot on offense. 

The difference is one dude got hooked up with CJ Stroud and Laremy Tunsil and the other dude has Zach Wilson and Billy Turner

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

image.png

"Obviously the Jets know something that the people up here don't."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

because Keith Carter isn't good at his job

If you'd like to know more, Taylor Lewan had many interesting quotes on the subject

not that Taylor Lewan is some sort of bastion of fairness and sportsmanship 

but he knows his position - all these guys do that's how they make their money 

I read that Taylor Lewan piece.  I quote it often.  I spent a bunch of time quoting it when people were acting like having a hard ass coach was a good thing and again when people wonder why Ben Jones might not want to come back to the Jets for some sweet Ryan Kalil money.  I don't know that he says Carter is bad at his job so much as unlikable.  I tend to think that makes him a better pairing with Mr Fun/Goldmember at OC.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I read that Taylor Lewan piece.  I quote it often.  I spent a bunch of time quoting it when people were acting like having a hard ass coach was a good thing and again when people wonder why Ben Jones might not want to come back to the Jets for some sweet Ryan Kalil money.  I don't know that he says Carter is bad at his job so much as unlikable.  I tend to think that makes him a better pairing with Mr Fun/Goldmember at OC.

Keith Carter is mean and dumb but he's not as actively bad as the Gold Zone. 

Nathaniel Hackett

Zach Wilson 

the 2023 NY Jets are sponsored by the Peter Principle. 

the sad thing is there's a non-zero chance they resign Zach and make Nathaniel Hackett HC

all these guys have gotten jobs they don't deserve already. The sky's the limit 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Crusherer said:

Somehow, this is Zach Wilson’s fault

It actually is.

He’s the reason LaFleur was fired, which led to the Hackett hiring.

Turnstile is one of “Hackett’s guys” from GB and Denver and also obviously has a history with Aaron.

If Turnstile never signs here, he doesn’t break his hand this week.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It actually is.

He’s the reason LaFleur was fired, which led to the Hackett hiring.

Turnstile is one of “Hackett’s guys” from GB and Denver and also obviously has a history with Aaron.

If Turnstile never signs here, he doesn’t break his hand this week.

princess-bride-dizzying-intellect.gif

• Haha 1