Look at the bright side…At least we aren’t Panthers fans

30 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh - I think he's good. That team around him is another level bad though. Sucks they traded so much to get him, gonna be tough building the roster.

Ekwonu has been a major disappointment for them.

There was one dude who kept arguing w me that year saying Ekwanu was going to be an All pro LT. Now I think he’s banned lol 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh - I think he's good. That team around him is another level bad though. Sucks they traded so much to get him, gonna be tough building the roster.

If you don't have a team somewhat in place, trading up that much for a QB is a terrible idea.

You can get the QB beat out of the league, or even if he survives, by the time the team is ready to be somewhat competitive, he is ready for an extension, and that rookie QB salary is gone.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

At least Wilson has the magic arm.  So physically there is upside there.  With young, he’s like a poor man’s bridgewater, a best case weak game manager.  Just a brutal decision.  

Unless Wilson uses his magic arm to pull Joe Montana out of his arse, there's pretty much no upside there either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Expansion team in 1995 and they've made the Super Bowl twice, albeit it now winning one but our collective fanbase suffering has lasted since disco was popular. 

How about Captain and Tennille? Remember Love...Love will keep us together...

The Super Bowl win was before man walked on the moon. Or before Woodstock with all those God damn hippies.

I think Young will be a solid QB when all is said and done, but yeah it was a brutal trade.  At the very least don't include Moore, the guy who can help your young franchise QB-to-be.  Surely they knew this was a risk, moving that future 1st.  Having as much firepower to prevent that pick from being 1st overall(or anywhere in the top-3 really) should have been priority.  I'm sure they could have made it work without Moore if they played hardball.

Still I was never big on that QB class.  I would have continued to build the trenches/add weapons and then take your QB in 2024.  Live and learn, I guess.  But yeah, sucks for that fanbase.  Can't even have the consolation that comes with sucking of fantasizing about the draft.  Crazy thing is, with two top-3 picks, the Bears could trade down yet again if they want and grab another extra 1st for 2025.  Keep stockpiling talent while still walking away with one of Williams or Maye if they want them.  

That team could be real scary in a couple of years if they make the right draft choices, and bring in a competent coaching staff.

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

How about Captain and Tennille? Remember Love...Love will keep us together...

The Super Bowl win was before man walked on the moon. Or before Woodstock with all those God damn hippies.

It is quite ridiculous that we haven't even made it back to another Super Bowl let alone win one.

Meanwhile the Panthers came into existence in 1995 and made 2 Super Bowls + The Ravens started in 1996 and won 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

His position is comparable to our own Sam Darnold or David Carr No oline, no running game, no wrs or weapons.

Whether the can hang round long enough for the team to fix those issues or not no one knows.

This league no longer has the patience it once had to stick with bad QBs and develop them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Expansion team in 1995 and they've made the Super Bowl twice, albeit it now winning one but our collective fanbase suffering has lasted since disco was popular. 

Since disco was popular? We've been suffering since long before disco was invented...

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Being the Panthers and not having your pick this year is really brutal 

They looked so bad against the bears. For a second I was for sure they were tanking. But then remembered the bears get their #1. Bears seem to tanking, but I think they let Panthers win know they will probably get 1 overall. Panthers maybe tanking for 1st pick in 2nd round lol. 

The Jets have 4 picks, rounds 1 through 6, and 3 7th round picks. Panthers have 6 picks through 6. 

New York Jets draft picks 2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th (DEN), 6th

• Round 7

• Los Angeles Rams – Compensation for New York Giants signing A’Shawn Robinson
  • New York Jets – Compensation for Miami Dolphins signing Mike White
  • New York Jets – Compensation for Pittsburgh Steelers signing Nate Herbig
  • Carolina Panthers: The Chicago Bears acquired the Carolina Panthers 2024 first as part of the 2023 trade that saw Carolina move up to the first pick. In that deal, Chicago received the Panthers’ first-round pick in 2023 (9th overall) and 2024 along with wide receiver DJ Moore and second-round picks in 2023 (61st overall) and 2025.

Here's a look at the Panthers' 2024 picks:

— Their own second-rounder

— Their own third-rounder

— Their own fourth-rounder

— San Francisco's fifth-rounder

— Tennessee's fifth-rounder

— Arizona's sixth-rounder