Look at the bright side…At least we aren’t Panthers fans

3 hours ago, BurntDice said:

There was one dude who kept arguing w me that year saying Ekwanu was going to be an All pro LT. Now I think he’s banned lol 

I 100% thought Ekwonu would be the best player in that draft.  I knew he was a bit raw, but I didn’t realize just how raw.  Worse, it doesnt look like he’s getting any better.  I’ll give him a few more years before declaring him a bust (OL can sometimes take awhile), but its not looking good.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

I 100% thought Ekwonu would be the best player in that draft.  I knew he was a bit raw, but I didn’t realize just how raw.  Worse, it doesnt look like he’s getting any better.  I’ll give him a few more years before declaring him a bust (OL can sometimes take awhile), but its not looking good.

I liked Ekwonu too. Thank god we didn't take him.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh - I think he's good. That team around him is another level bad though. Sucks they traded so much to get him, gonna be tough building the roster.

Ekwonu has been a major disappointment for them.

In Daltons one start he threw for 360 yards. I just don’t see it with Bryce Young. Seems like a classic case of a great college player whose game doesn’t translate to the NFL. He’s too small and doesn’t have the athleticism like Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray to compensate. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hael said:

He screamed G to me. I’ll think he’ll be very good there 

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I got that one wrong too.  I had Sauce rated as the best player in the draft and Ekwanu as the second. 

I really wanted Hutchinson, London, Karlaftis, Hamilton, McBride (2nd round) 

JJs tape just didn’t jump out to me so wasn’t really a fan of that pick 

I was convinced Saleh wouldn’t take a CB high with his scheme. Glad I was wrong 

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

At least Wilson has the magic arm.  So physically there is upside there.  With young, he’s like a poor man’s bridgewater, a best case weak game manager.  Just a brutal decision.  

I swear, I saw the very average arm, the inaccuracy, the height and the teeny tiny shoulders (How is this guy not going to get hurt?  Please see Kyler Murray AZ, who has way more QB attributes over Young) and wondered how Young was drafted in ANY round.

You really can equate drafting Alabama QB's with USC.  The teams are so stacked that any team drafting their QBs have to seriously make adjustments downward on their potential upside.

Huge mistake by Carolina.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

At least we got Gase fired when we had the plane fly over the city.  This is worthless.

6 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Hey it's NY, things are done in a 1st Class Way, cut them some slack going the Middle Age route.

Some planes might be flying around again soon enough 👀👀

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I swear, I saw the very average arm, the inaccuracy, the height and the teeny tiny shoulders (How is this guy not going to get hurt?  Please see Kyler Murray AZ, who has way more QB attributes over Young) and wondered how Young was drafted in ANY round.

You really can equate drafting Alabama QB's with USC.  The teams are so stacked that any team drafting their QBs have to seriously make adjustments downward on their potential upside.

Huge mistake by Carolina.

I wasn’t a fan of his either, but he was one of the most productive college QBs of all time. That alone made him worthy of a first round pick. I could live with drafting him first overall. The trade up though was ridiculous. He was always way too much of a leap of faith. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BurntDice said:

There was one dude who kept arguing w me that year saying Ekwanu was going to be an All pro LT. Now I think he’s banned lol 

i remember that. cant think of who it was. there were a few guys who wanted to use the 4th pick on a OL. 

Young may or may not end up being something but it goes back to what i;ve said for a few years now.

No longer should you go get the QB and then build around him.  You should build your team and then go get the QB.

No longer can teams be patient with poor play for a couple of years.  Hell this is true even with the jets.

• Upvote 1