Why most Jets fans make no sense

JETS SB

Before week 1 with Aaron Rodgers - "Considering our schedule, If we can make it through our first 6 games, at 3-3, we have a chance at having a good season."

After 4 offensive snaps and Aaron Rodgers gets hurt - "We will be lucky to win 5-6 games tops" Season is over, after it barely started

After game 1 win vs Bills - Great win, but Aaron is out for the season, we have no chance

Lose 3 games in a row incl terrible loss to NE - 1-3  "Season is over" - Gonna finish 5-12 or 6-11. 

Win 3 games in a row including huge upset of Eagles - Now 4-3 "We are making the playoffs" 10-7 or 11-6 

Lose ONE GAME to a team that is favored over us, at home, better than us on paper, and we are down most of our OL and Aaron Rodgers-  Fire the Coach. Fire the OC, Fire the GM, Zach needs to be benched immediately. Why didnt we sign a better 3rd string QB. 

The team is 4-4. No one expected us to be here with Zach Wilson. Everyone is saying we would be 6-2 with an average QB, but no one expected us to be there with Aaron Rodgers. No one is making any sense. We are so dramatic. Zach Wilson has played bad. Very few expected him to play good. We lost Aaron Rodgers and our season was over. How about the fact that we still have a chance?  Take a breath. Lets beat the Raiders, we will be 5-4 and then 2 huge games against our division. 

Or you can continue with the sky is falling attitude and just hate on everyone not doing what you didnt expect them to do anyway.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Before week 1 with Aaron Rodgers - "Considering our schedule, If we can make it through our first 6 games, at 3-3, we have a chance at having a good season."

After 4 offensive snaps and Aaron Rodgers gets hurt - "We will be lucky to win 5-6 games tops" Season is over, after it barely started

After game 1 win vs Bills - Great win, but Aaron is out for the season, we have no chance

Lose 3 games in a row incl terrible loss to NE - 1-3  "Season is over" - Gonna finish 5-12 or 6-11. 

Win 3 games in a row including huge upset of Eagles - Now 4-3 "We are making the playoffs" 10-7 or 11-6 

Lose ONE GAME to a team that is favored over us, at home, better than us on paper, and we are down most of our OL and Aaron Rodgers-  Fire the Coach. Fire the OC, Fire the GM, Zach needs to be benched immediately. Why didnt we sign a better 3rd string QB. 

The team is 4-4. No one expected us to be here with Zach Wilson. Everyone is saying we would be 6-2 with an average QB, but no one expected us to be there with Aaron Rodgers. No one is making any sense. We are so dramatic. Zach Wilson has played bad. Very few expected him to play good. We lost Aaron Rodgers and our season was over. How about the fact that we still have a chance?  Take a breath. Lets beat the Raiders, we will be 5-4 and then 2 huge games against our division. 

Or you can continue with the sky is falling attitude and just hate on everyone not doing what you didnt expect them to do anyway.

Are you Woody Johnson or Chris Simms?

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

I think people are evaluating what they see from this team right now and thinking about how it'll play out over the course of the remainder of the season.  The SD game was a huge slap in the face because our offense was completely inept.  And that was after the offense being completely inept against the Giants.  Plus SD had one of the lowest ranked pass defenses and we still couldn't get anything going.  This is the NFL and you're not going to sneak into the playoffs with a great defense but an incompetent offense.

That said, there are still people like me who think ZW still has potential and the real problem is the OL, WRs and OC.  Despite that, however, even a ZW-hopeful like me doesn't see much potential for things to turn around for this offense (unless something surprisingly positive happens for us at both OL and WR).  I think ZW will be gone this offseason and that will close the book on him here.  (though I will definitely be interested in seeing how the rest of his career goes).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

i am with you to a degree, sports fans are reactionary like anything else. the problem is the wear and tear of the offense, and just how inept the jets looked on Monday. i assure you if the jets were 4-4 and were playing decent or better on both sides of the ball...this would be a non issue. i've personally flip flopped on never seeing Zach Wilson again 3 times already this season....and i am far from sky is falling type of a fan.

looking forward to seeing what we do tonight, its a must win game given our schedule next few weeks and the opponent.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think people are evaluating what they see from this team right now and thinking about how it'll play out over the course of the remainder of the season.  The SD game was a huge slap in the face because our offense was completely inept.  And that was after the offense being completely inept against the Giants.  Plus SD had one of the lowest ranked pass defenses and we still couldn't get anything going.  This is the NFL and you're not going to sneak into the playoffs with a great defense but an incompetent offense.

That said, there are still people like me who think ZW still has potential and the real problem is the OL, WRs and OC.  Despite that, however, even a ZW-hopeful like me doesn't see much potential for things to turn around for this offense (unless something surprisingly positive happens for us at both OL and WR).  I think ZW will be gone this offseason and that will close the book on him here.  (though I will definitely be interested in seeing how the rest of his career goes).

i am with you. unfortunately i am getting to the point where i don't think he is an NFL lever processor of information mid play. unless they were to build some innovative type of offense around him, his inability to make a quick decision and let the ball go is going to sink his career.

13 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am with you. unfortunately i am getting to the point where i don't think he is an NFL lever processor of information mid play. unless they were to build some innovative type of offense around him, his inability to make a quick decision and let the ball go is going to sink his career.

It's certainly possible.  But my hunch is that ZW's story is not done and, if he ends up in the right situation next year, he can still be successful (and maybe even very good).  

EDIT: I know people think Zach has his head in the clouds sometimes by the way he speaks in the post game interviews (where he talks about how he feels he's the best he's been and getting better, etc).  Others might mock him for that but, to me, that's an absolutely fantastic attitude for a QB to have. 

I want a QB who can ignore the criticism (of which he's had more than any QB I can remember) and just keep on going forward and trying to improve.  And I definitely do see improvements in his game this year (admittedly, not enough to turn around the offense but still) and I am far more impressed than most people are by that.  Heck, even Joe Namath said he stunk but he's still managed to remain on an even-keel.

People say that ZW, as a Utah kid, isn't right for NY but I think he's shown a lot of toughness/resilience (way more than any of his critics would if they were in his place).  I'm still rooting for him to turn this around (even though I don't think it's going to happen here, though more so due to his supporting cast than to him.  Plus the NY media/fans might run him out of town because Woody might feel the pressure).

• Ugh 1

You’re the biggest crybaby I’ve ever seen lol and all your crying is about posts and what posters post about your beloved Jets. 

Just stop with the threads please, You’re flooding the board with your tears and incessant infantile whining. Here’s a newsflash for you: Nobody gives a sh*t what you think. It’s a public forum.
This board is as divided as the politics in Washington DC ... It's ludicrous.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

Imagine being so completely and totally consumed by trying to psycho analyze, NY Jets fans and there frustration w/ supporting the worst franchise in major sports, that you feel the need to constantly complain about these strangers who, just simply want to watch competent football ie: watch anyone other then Zach Wilson.

This is it. This is all I want. I don’t think it’s asking a lot.

• Upvote 3

A loss, any loss is like a family death if you’re an invested passionate fan.   A win is simply a respite from the pain.  A championship is a year of living pain free.

Expectations are simply a game in our heads that aren’t relevant during the season.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

A loss, any loss is like a family death if you’re an invested passionate fan.   A win is simply a respite from the pain.  A championship is a year of living pain free.

Expectations are simply a game in our heads that aren’t relevant during the season.

MichaelClemonsNo.jpg.bfaccc2a9161ecface81410d72eb22aa.jpg

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This board is as divided as the politics in Washington DC ... It's ludicrous.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This board isn’t very divided.   Most think Zach is an anchor on a good football team.   Most think Woody is a dunce.   Most like Saleh but don’t think he’s a heavy Weight NFL HC.  Most think Douglas has upgraded the talent but hasn’t over come drafting Zach. Most think Hackett was hired to get Rodgers to come here but maybe isn’t a good OC.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Will you stop with these kind of posts. The reason we are winning has nothing to do with the play at QB. The defense is playing out of its mind. Breece Hall is looking like he was as a rookie, he jist isn't  sneaking up an anyone. ST for the most part has acounted for win (they won the game against the Bills and were key against the Eagles). 

Jist stop talking about Zach as if he isn't  a problem. Have you looked at our 3rd down win percentage? I heard it was the worst of any team since 1978. That is on the QB. Zach is a legit problem. Saying we need better play at QB is like saying water is wet. And this team is not going to beat the Raiders unless Zach has a good game and throws some TD's.  The Raiders have good personnel. We won't beat the team that showed up against the Giants.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Part of the problem here is so many Jets fans are used to losing they treat all regular season wins as if they’re equal and some kind of salve.  They aren’t.

That Giants win should have made exactly zero people feel good and yet you had like a third of the board lecturing everyone why they SHOULD feel good.  

Those same people were shocked…shocked, I tell you!….when the same level of incompetence was displayed and we lost badly to a much better team.  Imagine that!

“A win is a win.”  F**k that.  A win isn’t a win if it’s the ugliest version of a win imaginable.  It’s a horrid loss being disguised as a win and it was only a matter of time before yet another season went down the tubes.  Just like last year when we started 5-2 in unsustainable fashion.

13 years with no playoffs.  No one should feel good until that streak ends.  Preferably with a home playoff game as a reward for the prior ineptitude.  

If you’re happy with this sh*t product on offense, look in the f**king mirror rather than whining about other Jets fans, because your standards are subterranean. 

Woody Johnson LOVES fans like JETS SB, btw.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

no, this is actually a sign that you take watching grown men throwing, catching and running with a ball too seriously

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Part of the problem here is so many Jets fans are used to losing they treat all regular season wins as if they’re equal and some kind of salve.  They aren’t.

That Giants win should have made exactly zero people feel good and yet you had like a third of the board lecturing everyone why they SHOULD feel good.  

Those same people were shocked…shocked, I tell you!….when the same level of incompetence was displayed and we lost badly to a much better team.  Imagine that!

“A win is a win.”  F**k that.  A win isn’t a win if it’s the ugliest version of a win imaginable.  It’s a horrid loss being disguised as a win and it was only a matter of time before yet another season went down the tubes.  Just like last year when we started 5-2 in unsustainable fashion.

13 years with no playoffs.  No one should feel good until that streak ends.  Preferably with a home playoff game as a reward for the prior ineptitude.  

If you’re happy with this sh*t product on offense, look in the f**king mirror, because your standards are subterranean. 

Any win with Zach at QB is a feel good win.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

It’s all you want until it happens.   Zach is imply a gateway drug.

I can only imagine how bad things would get if Trevor Siemian or (puke) Tim Boyle were to get in there.  People would be clamoring for Zach to be back at QB1 in very short order.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can only imagine how bad things would get if Trevor Siemian or (puke) Tim Boyle were to get in there.  People would be clamoring for Zach to be back at QB1 in very short order.

You can’t even imagine a world where Boyle or Siemian would be better, can you.  It’s not hard.  Just don’t cost the team double digit points every game.  Those 2 guys, especially Siemian, are capable of that.  At bare minimum the sacks taken and fumbles would drop.

Even if they’re worse no one should be calling for Zach.  This is about accountability.  Something Zach has rarely had to experience for his dogsh*t play here.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think they would argue that at least the loss was watchable.   

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can’t even imagine a world where Boyle or Siemian would be better, can you.  It’s not hard.  Just don’t cost the team double digit points every game.  Those 2 guys, especially Siemian, are capable of that.  At bare minimum the sacks taken and fumbles would drop.

Even if they’re worse no one should be calling for Zach.  This is about accountability.  Something Zach has rarely had to experience for his dogsh*t play here.  

Oh really?  He didn't get benched last year (I think twice)?  The team didn't go out and acquire Aaron Rodgers this past offseason?