sh*t is about to hit the fan ..

6 hours ago, ZachStepdad said:

No way JD fires Saleh …. It would be full house sweep or woody firing Saleh himself and keeping jd …. But get out of jail free card for the staff is Rodgers and they know it …

JD should be fired. He sucks at building a team and except for last year his drafts have been complete sh*t. He ******* wasted our first round pick on a guy who is inactive half the time and barely plays when active

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The game plan to play D and win field position didn’t work.   Apparently the coaching staff didn’t realize that the Raiders punter might be as good or better than Morstead.  

They Raiders won the field position game the entire 2nd half.  They got return yardage and the Jets didn’t.   They literally beat us with field position and they were the more disciplined team.  

Both teams had the same game plan.   The Raiders literally won by actually having a plan to execute it.   Directional punting.  Keep penalties down.   The Jets penalties and out kick the coverage.  This is a talented team.   The culture isn’t the issue.  Guys want to win.  They are being out coached.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Feel bad for the fans but so many are part of the problem.  Buying Woody’s tickets, his merchandise .. at this point even tuning in.

Fool us 13 straight years, shame on us :(.

Get ready for some fireworks:

- Zach & Lazard to the bench

This is so true. I don't understand people buying PSL's, and buying super expensive merchandise. I don't get it.

As for your fireworks, and Uzomah to the bench.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

JD should be fired. He sucks at building a team and except for last year his drafts have been complete sh*t. He ******* wasted our first round pick on a guy who is inactive half the time and barely plays when active

Bro the entire 2023 draft class blows

Saleh has a 0.349 winning percentage as head coach of the Jets over three years.  Most coaches are gone after two years of this nonsense especially when there is ZERO sign of the team, or at least the offense, improving.  Given how bad the offense is, I’m really not sure even Rodgers could get this team a playoff spot.  

• Upvote 2

I don’t care whose right or wrong either. It just needs to be done in an effort to figure out ALL of the issues. Regardless of the outcome, trial and error has to happen so they can fix as many issues as possible for next year.

Zach is done here. Its on him for not being good but more on the GM and coach for continuing to play him despite things getting worse. He can’t grow in this environment and probably couldn’t grow anywhere. He needed a true redshirt year to have maybe 1% chance or fixing his issues and that was ruined by JD for not brining a backup in. Another risky and bad gamble that blew up in his face. 
Agreed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Saleh has a 0.349 winning percentage as head coach of the Jets over three years.  Most coaches are gone after two years of this nonsense especially when there is ZERO sign of the team, or at least the offense, improving.  Given how bad the offense is, I’m really not sure even Rodgers could get this team a playoff spot.  

Shouldve been fired after last year’s embarrassing collapse. That was one of the most pathetic coaching jobs I’ve ever witnessed. Played out like a slow motion car wreck. Only woody brings the guy who oversaw it back. 

45 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

This is so true. I don't understand people buying PSL's, and buying super expensive merchandise. I don't get it.

As for your fireworks, and Uzomah to the bench.

I can only give you my viewpoint on it

psl’s to me we’re the cost of doing business. They were never investments etc, simply a means to have the same seats for each game

i enjoy going to the games. I spend time with my family and as I get older that time becomes more precious.

I have become friends with complete strangers from 12 years ago whether where I sit or tailgate and that I enjoy

what I do is separate that from what happens on the field

i can control everything above except the team and their performance 

sure I could refuse to renew the seats and give up the parts I enjoy, but other than money, I am the loser in that situation 

woody like every other owner is going to make his money either on me ir someone who replaces me

he is not selling, moving to nyc or anything else. Sadly I have no expectation that this teams performance will change over my lifetime 

so I will continue to enjoy going to the games, spend time with friend and family and understand the cost encountered to do so

the jets have taken years off my life as they have to many of you

they are not going to take away from ne something I enjoy

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The bald bros have the wrong concept of what “winning culture” means.

Namath was right.

It’s not about cheap slogans like “AGNB” or creating a “family” atmosphere where everyone feels “safe” and insulated.

It’s more like a soldier mentality where everyone is tirelessly committed to the same goal, namely winning.

Accountability and discipline have to play a part in that, and the Jets under this head coach have none of it.

Allowing players at every single position, most glaringly QB, to continually fail to perform to an acceptable standard without repercussions is the antithesis of a winning culture.

Wilson should have gotten the Trey Lance treatment.

Lazard should have been benched in-game last Monday night and stayed there.

You think Mike Tomlin gives a sh-t if his players all love him?

Yet Tomlin has never finished under .500 in a season in the 12+ years or whatever it is that he’s been in Pittsburgh, while “positive vibes only” Robert “crows pecking at eagles” Saleh is 15-28 🤡

So you can’t just clap on the sidelines to get wins???

@BP

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

Nah he threw the game-losing INT last night. Had the game-losing fumble vs Chiefs. A miracle saved him from the game-losing sack vs the Giants. He’s very much the featured problem. It has been revealed and everyone sees it. 

Also had a sack fumble we were lucky to recover.   He’s not improving, he’s not playing “fine”, he’s awful and benching him will be addition by subtraction that quickly erases at least 40 % of this team’s problems.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

"Gardner also said defense feels they have zero margin for error with offense struggling, but added that also because coaches tell them they can’t lose if opposition doesn’t score."

This CS is delusional.

Winning in the NFL with this idea that you can shut a team down is insane. Every NFL game is gonna involve breakdowns no matter how good your defense is. And this offense loses the field position battle every game. Like last night matter of time until they give up big scoring plays. It's too much.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Shouldve been fired after last year’s embarrassing collapse. That was one of the most pathetic coaching jobs I’ve ever witnessed. Played out like a slow motion car wreck. Only woody brings the guy who oversaw it back. 

The fired Lafluer ( who took another job before they could fire him) and replaced him with Hackett.  That fixed everything. 

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The fired Lafluer ( who took another job before they could fire him) and replaced him with Hackett.  That fixed everything. 

Woody really needs to hire an experienced head coach with some degree of proven competency.  It's insane to me that we're like 20 years into his time owning the team, and he continues to hire/fire complete failures for HC every three years or so (Edwards, Mangini, Bowles, Gase, Saleh, etc.).  I know it's the Jets, but his money is still green.  Time to cough up whatever it will take to bring in a Parcells type of guy to get this dumpster fire put out for good.  Enough is enough.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Winning in the NFL with this idea that you can shut a team down is insane. Every NFL game is gonna involve breakdowns no matter how good your defense is. And this offense loses the field position battle every game. Like last night matter of time until they give up big scoring plays. It's too much.

Its a credit to the defense that they haven't given up already.  What's the point of killing yourself to hold an opponent under 20 points when there's not even hope of an offensive TD any time soon?

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Woody really needs to hire an experienced head coach with some degree of proven competency.  It's insane to me that we're like 20 years into his time owning the team, and he continues to hire/fire complete failures for HC every three years or so (Edwards, Mangini, Bowles, Gase, Saleh, etc.).  I know it's the Jets, but his money is still green.  Time to cough up whatever it will take to bring in a Parcells type of guy to get this dumpster fire put out for good.  Enough is enough.

One was available who wanted to come here. It was Mike McCarthy in 2019. He was the best of the available coaching candidates that season and a no brainer hire. Why he wasn't hired I have no idea. He's gone 30-13 in his last 43 games as Cowboys coach. They went with Gase whose tenure ended up exactly as everybody predicted it would

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

One was available who wanted to come here. It was Mike McCarthy in 2019. He was the best of the available coaching candidates that season and a no brainer hire. Why he wasn't hired I have no idea. He's gone 30-13 in his last 43 games as Cowboys coach. They went with Gase whose tenure ended up exactly as everybody predicted it would

Offensive coaches are more difficult to control from above. Who plays QB for the Jets is a collective decision between Woody and his business confidants. 

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t want Zach being bad as the excuse. The horrible offense needs to be exposed but I’m not sure either of the backups can accomplish this. If they played half decent, it would be completely eye opening and be the final nail in the coffin. 

In the past when Zach has been benched we've seen an instant noticeable uptick in the offense. It's part of why it's been so easy to identify that Zach sucks. That said...

1) Mike White and Joe Flacco, however limited, are better than Trevor Simien and certainly better than Boyle. Why we didn't go after a real backup QB after the Rodgers injury is utterly baffling.

2) Despite what many on the board think MLF was a good OC and ran a very QB friendly system. I don't think either is true with Hackett.

So when Siemien eventually starts and sucks there will be Zach fans doing some bizarre victory lap even though he's clearly still the single biggest problem with the offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, BP said:

You left out the sneaky raising ticket prices thing before this sh*t hit the fan.

Bottom line, this organization could care less about winning. They have other priorities. And it certainly shows

Unreal!  Imagine a product having a major defect and the Company raises its price.  

The Jets should be giving out refunds, not raising ticket prices.

I hope but doubt Woody is embarrassed.  Mediocrity and losing must be part of his DNA.  

Lost a lot of respect for JD and Saleh for not drawing a line in the sand when it comes to Wilson.

I find this entire Wilson saga patronizing and insulting.  I mean at least act like you ******* care about the fans and winning.

5 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

Look at the panthers they pretty much are us and Zach Wilson during his rookie  year, Frank will get tossed into the sun soon after 1 FAILING SEASON (even after identifying the correct QB and being overridden by the owner)

JD and Saleh are on swing 3 with Zach 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

How about GW catching and holding on to the ball? Nice pass also yesterday on that trick play.

You mean the hail mary?

At least he held onto that pass on 3rd down the final drive where he got crunched.

Also needed his 40" vert to snag that shallow cross earlier in the game because Kapono has no concept of a strike zone.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

Now do Joe Douglas. His win % is worse than Saleh’s.

Unless the Jets extend the GM, no competent HC candidate is taking this job with Douglas on a lame duck year in ‘24, and they probably wouldn’t want to hitch their wagon to 40yo Rodgers and Hackett either.

The Jets have no choice but to either clean house this February or run everyone back again in ‘24.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Now do Joe Douglas. His win % is worse than Saleh’s.

Unless the Jets extend the GM, no competent HC candidate is taking this job with Douglas on a lame duck year in ‘24, and they probably wouldn’t want to hitch their wagon to 40yo Rodgers and Hackett either.

The Jets have no choice but to either clean house this February or run everyone back again in ‘24.

This 

and rodgers 100% is leading this ship and he certainly will want to run it back as is. 

what’s more likely the 40 yr old narcissist QB, with one achilles returning to mvp form

or

him sucking or getting hurt again and completely destroying this FO on his way out of the door ? 

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The run defense is way too leaky.

It's an elite pass D with a bad run D that hasn't been exposed as much because it's hard to sustain drives in the NFL without putting the ball in the air.

Run D doesn't matter much if you're able to put some points on the board.  We can't.  Hence, the defense can't do what it's designed to do.  Even then, its still easily a top-8 unit.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1