sh*t is about to hit the fan ..

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The defense is average. They are 31st against the run.

If this defense is "average" there isn't a single good defense in the league.

This offense is historically bad and Wilson is one of the worst qbs to ever play in the league.

There's 1 unit not pulling their weight on this team, and it ain't the defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The run defense is way too leaky.

It's an elite pass D with a bad run D that hasn't been exposed as much because it's hard to sustain drives in the NFL without putting the ball in the air.

Have you been these watching games? The Giants had no passing attack and they ran at will against this team. The Raiders did what they pleased last night. They have been giving up 4.14 yards per carry the last 3 games.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If this defense is "average" there isn't a single good defense in the league.

This offense is historically bad and Wilson is one of the worst qbs to ever play in the league.

There's 1 unit not pulling their weight on this team, and it ain't the defense.

They are 31st against the rush, teams aren't throwing because they can run against it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Have you been these watching games? The Giants had no passing attack and they ran at will against this team. The Raiders did what they pleased last night. They have been giving up 4.14 yards per carry the last 3 games.

This 

And people were killing me a few minutes ago for saying this defense is good but not great 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I said it when we signed Rodgers.  Rodgers will get both Saleh and Douglas fired.  

They will run this back next year, will get similiar results and everyone is gone.

And there will be will be fighting each other over which QB to draft in 2025, it’s the same story over and over with this organization 

We all knew last night was a ‘must win’ game..so with the L our chances to make the playoffs are extremely slim now.

ZW played better, but not good enough when it mattered the most. (Red Zone O is one for the history books and it falls mostly on the QB (+ Hackett).

Subpar QB play, injured & leaky OL + the absence of a decent WR2 ..makes it nearly hopeless now.  Ceiling is 9-8..which may not be good enough. Floor is 7-10, imo.  

I predict 8-9 - out of the playoffs and stuck in the middle of the draft order - worst place to be.

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

We all knew last night was a ‘must win’ game..so with the L our chances to make the playoffs are extremely slim now.

ZW played better, but not good enough when it mattered the most. (Red Zone O is one for the history books and it falls mostly on the QB (+ Hackett).

Subpar QB play, injured & leaky OL + the absence of a decent WR2 ..makes it nearly hopeless now.  Ceiling is 9-8..which may not be good enough. Floor is 7-10, imo.  

I predict 8-9 - out of the playoffs and stuck in the middle of the draft order - worst place to be.

Lmao where are those wins coming from? I can see us completely losing out 😂

The giants put up a whopping 10 points and the Raiders put up 16, stop the presses.

Is the defense supposed to just give up 0 points per game?

Why do I get the feeling if I look in your post history I will find you defending Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The giants put up a whopping 10 points and the Raiders put up 16, stop the presses.

Why do I get the feeling if I look in your poet history I will find you defending Wilson. 

You’d think this awesome defense could shut down a rookie HC, QB and OC with 2 games to his name calling games. 

• More Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, Claymation said:

LOL

They scored all of 1 touchdown on a fluky penalty-aided drive in which the Jets D committed not one but two unnecessary roughness penalties, the 2nd of which came on 3rd and goal at the 10 (by Jermaine Johnson) to keep the drive alive.

I know 1 TD sounds like a lot from a Jet fan POV, but believe me, it's not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

They scored all of 1 touchdown on a fluky penalty-aided drive in which the Jets D committed not one but two unnecessary roughness penalties, the 2nd of which came on 3rd and goal at the 10 (by Jermaine Johnson) to keep the drive alive.

I know 1 TD sounds like a lot from a Jet fan POV, but believe me, it's not.

Speaking of that TD, the way whitehead or whoever was mossed was absolutely disgusting. I knew it was over right there 

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You’d think this awesome defense could shut down a rookie HC, QB and OC with 2 games to his name calling games. 

Last week they hung 30 on the giants. We only managed 13 against the giants.

The Raiders got rid of their cancer in mcdaniels and look like a different team. I'm not saying Raiders are all world beaters, but they're about an average team and seem motivated with new coach 

They got 16 points. 16 points of offense a game would put you at 30th in the NFL on offense. Giving up 16 points a game would make a team the 4th best in the league.

Are we really getting upset about such a low point total?

18 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Blaming the Jets defense for anything is like blaming the Chefs and Line Cooks on Titanic....

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Now do Joe Douglas. His win % is worse than Saleh’s.

Unless the Jets extend the GM, no competent HC candidate is taking this job with Douglas on a lame duck year in ‘24, and they probably wouldn’t want to hitch their wagon to 40yo Rodgers and Hackett either.

The Jets have no choice but to either clean house this February or run everyone back again in ‘24.

Hey, I did the work on Saleh's numbers, you can do JD, lol!  I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's probably worse.  I don't disagree with you at all on JD either.  Dude has been flat-out negligent in some areas (e.g,, wide receiver and QB.  Ya know, not like either are premiere positions in the NFL these days. 🫠).

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Last week they hung 30 on the giants. We only managed 13 against the giants.

The Raiders got rid of their cancer in mcdaniels and look like a different team. I'm not saying Raiders are all world beaters, but they're about an average team and seem motivated with new coach 

They got 16 points. 16 points of offense a game would put you at 30th in the NFL on offense. Giving up 16 points a game would make a team the 4th best in the league.

Are we really getting upset about such a low point total?

No I get this but I’m just saying the defense is overrated, Jacobs averaged 4.3 and did whatever he wanted tbh. 

The team as a hole is very mid, we are basically the pats 

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

And yet we are 6th in defense overall even including that and 7th in points given up.

Congrats? 

They gave up 203 yards rushing to a team that couldn't throw the ball. That's not something you need to thump your chest about.

They are above average against the pass and below average against the run.

30 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Why do I get the feeling if I look in your post history I will find you defending Wilson. 

Go look and see if I defended Zach. As I wrote previously, I wanted Derek Carr this off season because I never wanted Zach under Center. But this a thread about the defense and you felt compelled bring Zach in it. You can't make a compelling argument just with stats. Good day sir.

The closest thing we’ll get to it hitting the fan already happened with Saleh pleading the 5h. The Jets already moved on from it and played Wilson again. They’re going to keep playing him. Paychecks will clear. Perhaps GW gets frustrated but he was reprimanded for that last year. Simien doesn’t get reps in practice outside of being the scout QB. The Jets are actually controlling the narrative and a lot of the fanbase still buys it.

Douglas never gave his midseason presser and the only comments he’s made this year about how the Jets “tried” for Adam’s and Evans. Nothing about the quarterback. Nothing about Dobbs or Wentz.  1 Jets Drive is actually winning the PR war. Woody will never be called out publicly unless a player goes rogue about the Wilson partnership with the owner. But that’s a one way ticket out of town for anyone.

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

It would if they have the lead.

But if teams can run the ball, why would they change.

I think teams keep running because we don't score and they can be patient and wait to pop some runs and maybe hit a big play here or there. If the Jets had a competent offense and were getting up a couple of scores while the defense smothers the opposing offense they'd be forced to pass more and take more chances.

The Raiders didn't really have much success running until later in the game yesterday but they were able to keep trying. They had one drive with a few 4/5 yard runs in the first half but I never felt like they were just running all over us.

16 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Congrats? 

They gave up 203 yards rushing to a team that couldn't throw the ball. That's not something you need to thump your chest about.

They are above average against the pass and below average against the run.

We have the #3 passing defense in the league, in a league built around passing. There is nothing average about that.

This is a great defense.

26 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Blaming the Jets defense for anything is like blaming the Chefs and Line Cooks on Titanic....

Huh? That is one of the worst analogies I have ever read. 

The defense can't stop the run.  DJ Reed thinks this is an all time defense, an all time defense doesn't give up 4.3 yards per carry.

Go look and see if I defended Zach. As I wrote previously, I wanted Derek Carr this off season because I never wanted Zach under Center. But this a thread about the defense and you felt compelled bring Zach in it. You can't make a compelling argument just with stats. Good day sir.

What other metric should we use?