Self-inflicted wounds my ash

Supersonic

Bullsh!t.  I'm so tired of hearing that excuse.  When your entire offense is your kicker, and your positives are few, the magnitude of mistakes increases exponentially.  Maybe if they put points on the board, and the positive plays outnumbered the mistakes, they wouldn't rinse and repeat every week.  When did they last score a TD?  Are you fkng kidding me???

• Upvote 1

As a one-off case, sure, this stuff can happen. But two weeks in a row shows they didn't do enough to correct this.

I remember the same empty words when Rex was here ... "we need to get that cleaned up" followed by the same dumb mistakes week in, week out.

If players are not stepping up and owning their own mistakes, correcting them - you bench them. Even if only for a quarter to start, but let them know their job is on the line. If coaches are not owning it and drilling into everyone about the need to improve, replace them. That is what accountability looks like.

Otherwise you are accepting sloppy play from highly paid athletes who claim to want to win. That's what "survivors" do ... not contenders and whatever else Saleh preached about.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Bullsh!t.  I'm so tired of hearing that excuse.  When your entire offense is your kicker, and your positives are few, the magnitude of mistakes increases exponentially.  Maybe if they put points on the board, and the positive plays outnumbered the mistakes, they wouldn't rinse and repeat every week.  When did they last score a TD?  Are you fkng kidding me???

it's not an excuse, it's literally what's happening.  they've had tons of bigger plays called back from their own penalties.  that's on the HC, the lack of discipline.  If they don't commit that penalty on the Breece TD, the game turns into a blow out.  Instead they're backed up to 2nd and goal from the 15, and they can't get it done.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

it's not an excuse, it's literally what's happening.  they've had tons of bigger plays called back from their own penalties.  that's on the HC, the lack of discipline.  If they don't commit that penalty on the Breece TD, the game turns into a blow out.  Instead they're backed up to 2nd and goal from the 15, and they can't get it done.

Holding and illegal blocks create big plays.  That's why they are illegal.  They have zero to do with out scheming your opponent and winning the battle.

2 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Refs were bad last night. Penalties extremely lopsided. But the Jets just won’t get the benefit of the doubt bc they’re the Jets. Comes with the territory. 

I want to agree with you but every replay showed the penalty to be blatant.  Not sure about the rule on that costly chop block though and that had nothing to do with the successful outcome of the play so that was frustrating.  Calling back the big run where Breece kneed that guy in the head was also huge, unfortunately I don’t think NBC even showed the play so we will never know.  The broadcast coverage was abysmal btw.  All talk and shots of the stadium and city and the plays on the field were almost an afterthought. 

You can blame the refs all you want. They haven’t scored a TD in weeks. It’s not like they only had one possession and got hosed.  You can say that one play changed the entire game, but that’s BS. There’s no accountability for lack of consistency.  One or two drives does not win a football game. 

• Upvote 1