The Jets have quit on 2023. Buffalo will be ugly

You just know what's about to come next. A sloppy no show in Buffalo where they'll play passionless football and lose by more than 3 touchdowns. The Bills are a better team than the Raiders and Chargers, even with the hiccups they've had this year the notion that Zach Wilson is going to go on the road in Buffalo and win is comical. Then comes the locker room mutiny/fracture. The defense will grow tired of carrying the franchise and getting no support. Miami comes in and hangs 40+ on us as the boo birds, rage, and venom rains down. Then the sniping and infighting will start. An anonymous Jet will comment about how "surprised we all were when they didn't bring in a capable veteran after Aaron went down". Another will mention how frustrating it is that we decided to waste consecutive years of great defenses. Things like "We kept trying after Aaron went down, we wanted the playoffs...the things you'd expect to happen personnel wise from the decision makers up top after Week 1 never materialized. It sent a message that they quit on us" - Something similar to that quote will definitely be slipping out soon from someone. These guys on the field are looking around and they see what other teams do when injuries and such hit. Every team has their grand plans that get turned upside down. They're wondering...where's our support? Our GM quit on us week 1. We proved we could be an outstanding D (and very good ST's) and he couldnt be bothered to upgrade over the worst QB in football. 

At 4-7 the team totally checks out and crashes at 5-12 or so, similar to last year. The Jets patterns are pretty easy to predict.

How do you bring Saleh and Douglas back now after back to back tailspin crash and burn disasters where they essentially waste a defense that is probably good enough to take a team to a Super Bowl.

This is how you destroy a locker room. Joe Douglas quitting on this team this year is going to totally wreck things

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Start scouting college quarterbacks again.  
Rodgers either isn’t coming back when everyone gets fired or he’ll be a shell of his former self. 

Hey, it's an improvement, we were doing "Who Should Draft?" threads in September in some of these recent seasons-don't get your hopes up for a QB though, Jimmy X 2 because you know, I know, and everybody else who for some reason still cares about this terrible and unlucky team that Zach Wilson will be re-signed and he will be the starting QB after Rodgers gets hurt again with another season-ending injury next year. Corey Davis' psychic abilities really worked in his favor in TC, he saw what was going to happen in a vision and figured he better get out now

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

I hope so, but eventually the dam breaks. These players want to win and are being held back. No other GM would have Zach Wilson starting for so long

I understand the sentiment, but realistically, who are they going to put in that's better?

Not looking at anything for the future, I thought that Zach played well last night. If not for a few ill-timed penalties, they should have won that game. I also though Max Mitchell has a good game against Crosby.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

I hope so, but eventually the dam breaks. These players want to win and are being held back. No other GM would have Zach Wilson starting for so long

Now it's too late and Wilson has already cost the Jets the season

The time to act was the second the Bills game week 1 ended. You go all out and bring in somebody. Wentz...somebody

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

It's the exact same situation as last season and we dont have the QB or coach to turn things around. 

That's why the Raiders game and the Chargers to an extent were absolute must wins to keep hope alive. We were always going to lose at Buffalo and against Miami, but winning at least one of the Charger and Raider games would have kept us alive and fighting in December.

Now you'll start to see players sitting our of practice and eventually games with minor bumps because they know the season's done.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

That's why the Raiders game and the Chargers to an extent were absolute must wins to keep hope alive. We were always going to lose at Buffalo and against Miami, but winning at least one of the Charger and Raider games would have kept us alive and fighting in December.

Now you'll start to see players sitting our of practice and eventually games with minor bumps because they know the season's done.

I also expect to start reading allegations of locker room issues stemming from the defense again.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I also expect to start reading allegations of locker room issues stemming from the defense again.  

It already started with Sauce last night and his comments "coaches telling us we can't lose if we don't let the other team score."

I mean how is that accountability for the team? "Okay our offense sucks guys but instead of fixing offense, we just want to make sure you play perfect every drive of every game."

This team might lose out 

• Upvote 3

I understand the sentiment, but realistically, who are they going to put in that's better?
Not looking at anything for the future, I thought that Zach played well last night. If not for a few ill-timed penalties, they should have won that game. I also though Max Mitchell has a good game against Crosby.
Funny, if you told me that Crosby would have no sacks, I would assume the jets win...I know he's young but if Mitchell can continue to develop, and get more consistent... we might feel better about the o line...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

It already started with Sauce last night and his comments "coaches telling us we can't lose if we don't let the other team score."

I mean how is that accountability for the team? "Okay our offense sucks guys but instead of fixing offense, we just want to make sure you play perfect every drive of every game."

This team might lose out 

It’s going to cave from within.  Maybe initially the d forgave the front office b/c they did trade for rodgers but in year 2 of this crap these players are fed up with Wilson.  But that pick keeps getting better….

This team is so weird.  Beat Buffalo, handed Philly their only loss, almost beat/probably should have beaten KC.  Lose these other games we expect them to win.  I wouldn't put it passed them to win 2 of the next 4.  At Buffalo, vs Miami, vs ATL, vs Houston.  Atlanta is the only "gimme" game, which probably means we'll lose.

Either way, if this talk of Rodgers looking at mid-December is to be believed, that hopefully means 12/17 at Miami, right after these next 4.  IMO the only way him coming back makes sense is if we're at least 6-7 by then.  5-8 would require a miracle and us winning-out to end the year.  Even then it might not be enough.  

I've given up hope of this team benching Wilson at this point - especially not now with Rodgers being "close" to returning.  IF we do go 1-3 or even lose out though, just put Rodgers on ice the rest of the way, embrace the L's, cut Zach after the year and draft a ******* QB.  Honestly I'd put QB ahead of OL on the "need" list come draft day.  

But no, I don't think they've quit...unless "quitting" involves whoever has made the call to keep Zach as the starter.  I agree that person, be it JD or Woody(even if it's Rodgers making that call, it's ultimately on Woody for going along with it), has put their 2nd overall picks "development" over the success of the team, so they have essentially quit on the team.  I don't believe the players or coaches have quit though.  Our problem is our guys - players and coaches - need to be perfect to overcome having 3rd string level QB play.  They're clearly not perfect.  The D has been close to that at times, which has won us some games, but when they're not - even when they're great - it's not enough.

We knew this team still had holes/weaknesses even with Rodgers at QB.  It's why some were going into this season calling a 1st round playoff exit a "successful year".  Without Rodgers, it's an average team.  Without Rodgers and WITH Zach, it's a bad team.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

lol - this team isnt winning another game, and that's a good thing.  Just relax and accept reality, it's much easier on your constitution. 

There are 3 wins left on the schedule.  I think we get at least 7 maybe 8 wins.  There are guys who want to get paid.  

2 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

You just know what's about to come next. A sloppy no show in Buffalo where they'll play passionless football and lose by more than 3 touchdowns. The Bills are a better team than the Raiders and Chargers, even with the hiccups they've had this year the notion that Zach Wilson is going to go on the road in Buffalo and win is comical. Then comes the locker room mutiny/fracture. The defense will grow tired of carrying the franchise and getting no support. Miami comes in and hangs 40+ on us as the boo birds, rage, and venom rains down. Then the sniping and infighting will start. An anonymous Jet will comment about how "surprised we all were when they didn't bring in a capable veteran after Aaron went down". Another will mention how frustrating it is that we decided to waste consecutive years of great defenses. Things like "We kept trying after Aaron went down, we wanted the playoffs...the things you'd expect to happen personnel wise from the decision makers up top after Week 1 never materialized. It sent a message that they quit on us" - Something similar to that quote will definitely be slipping out soon from someone. These guys on the field are looking around and they see what other teams do when injuries and such hit. Every team has their grand plans that get turned upside down. They're wondering...where's our support? Our GM quit on us week 1. We proved we could be an outstanding D (and very good ST's) and he couldnt be bothered to upgrade over the worst QB in football. 

At 4-7 the team totally checks out and crashes at 5-12 or so, similar to last year. The Jets patterns are pretty easy to predict.

How do you bring Saleh and Douglas back now after back to back tailspin crash and burn disasters where they essentially waste a defense that is probably good enough to take a team to a Super Bowl.

This is how you destroy a locker room. Joe Douglas quitting on this team this year is going to totally wreck things

I understand what you're saying, but what I think you're missing is that we play to the level of our opponent, win or lose. It's way more Jetsy to win the next two games and then lose to a crappy team the next week just when our hopes are high again. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Funny, if you told me that Crosby would have no sacks, I would assume the jets win...I know he's young but if Mitchell can continue to develop, and get more consistent... we might feel better about the o line...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jets held the Raiders to just 274 total yards and forced 2 turnovers. allowed 16 points. It is inexcusable losing this game

44 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There are 3 wins left on the schedule.  I think we get at least 7 maybe 8 wins.  There are guys who want to get paid.  

There are guys who wanted to get paid last year and the Jets had wins left on the schedule and they lost 6 straight to end the season and 7 of 8 after the bye.  I see a similar fate to the NY Jets of 2023 because they are the exact same, if not worse, then last year.  They maybe, maybe, win 1 more game, maybe. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

There are guys who wanted to get paid last year and the Jets had wins left on the schedule and they lost 6 straight to end the season and 7 of 8 after the bye.  I see a similar fate to the NY Jets of 2023 because they are the exact same, if not worse, then last year.  They maybe, maybe, win 1 more game, maybe. 

I think this team is healthier going down the stretch than last years team and I think Atlanta and Washington at home are games we should win.  NE is very winnable and they may be in the hunt for a top 2 pick next year.  

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think this team is healthier going down the stretch than last years team and I think Atlanta and Washington at home are games we should win.  NE is very winnable and they may be in the hunt for a top 2 pick next year.  

With Wilson they can lose any and every game.  They should have lost to the giants.  This team just can’t score.  And injuries happen in bunches.  

2 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

I see a lot of this happening as well. The amount of wins I’m not sure about. If the D keeps playing elite then I can see a few more wins. My mindset is starting to enter tank mode for a LT, WR, QB

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I dont agree.  Unless something miraculously changes, the Jets are arguably one of the easiest outs in the league right now.

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Exactly.  And these guys are humans, not robots.  The impact is cumulative.  They remember last season.  So its even worse this time around.  The "here we go again" mentality is real.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont agree.  Unless something miraculously changes, the Jets are arguably one of the easiest outs in the league right now.

The Jets stink.  Bad QB and an over matched coaching staff.  However you can't overestimate the league.   There are a lot of very flawed teams in this league.  Even the good teams with a couple of exceptions are beatable.  If this team with this talent finishes with under 6 wins they should absolutely fire Douglas and Saleh.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

lol - this team isnt winning another game, and that's a good thing.  Just relax and accept reality, it's much easier on your constitution. 

I’m old enough to remember when the 2007 team wasn’t winning another game. Cost us Matt Ryan. Then the 2020 team was guaranteed to get the top pick - haha. 

There are only three guarantees in life - death, taxes, and the jets winning meaningless games in December. 

i will bet you any amount of money you feel comfortable with that the jets will win another game you can’t even imagine right now - I’ll do you one better and say that it will be a game no one expects us to win. It’s what we do.