Proposed new JN Forum Rule

Warfish

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate that Max and Co. are ultra-light on the moderation here at JN.

I appreciate that even our worst trolls and sh*t-stirrers get 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances to come back and be better.  Some do, most don't, but still.

But I'd like to propose a new JN rule to @Maxman and Co.

If you ban a poster, and let them come back under a new account, can we please have moderation re-name the account to some version of their old, original name?

i.e. The Crusher is a bad troll.  He gets banned,

He comes back as JoeWaltonsNeckBeard

Moderators seem to be well aware who this guy is, can verify IP's (sometimes) and such, so they rename his account to The Crusher II or something similar.

I just got to say, it gets tiresome as a long-time community member debating with the same guy under his fifteenth user name, not (since not a Mod) neccessarily aware it's someone we've banned 14 previous times.  

Food for thought.

Posts would decrease by at least 33%.

Great thought though.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude you worry too much.

I have a proposition:no rules at all. No mods at all.

If someone cant take it they leave. The rest of us speak our minds on everything. The fights will be an extra source of entertainment, the fb content wont change

Unless someone is posting smut or spam this is the way. I don’t care if someone makes another name. 

Just now, HighPitch said:

Dude you worry too much.

If someone cant take it they leave. The rest of us speak our minds on everything. The fights will be an extra source of entertainment, the fb content wont change

Dick-High Pitch would be the best username here, and dare I say...a strike. ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude you worry too much.

Sounds like someone really wants to tell us how he feels about ethnic minorities.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate that Max and Co. are ultra-light on the moderation here at JN.

I appreciate that even our worst trolls and sh*t-stirrers get 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances to come back and be better.  Some do, most don't, but still.

But I'd like to propose a new JN rule to @Maxman and Co.

If you ban a poster, and let them come back under a new account, can we please have moderation re-name the account to some version of their old, original name?

i.e. The Crusher is a bad troll.  He gets banned,

He comes back as JoeWaltonsNeckBeard

Moderators seem to be well aware who this guy is, can verify IP's (sometimes) and such, so they rename his account to The Crusher II or something similar.

I just got to say, it gets tiresome as a long-time community member debating with the same guy under his fifteenth user name, not (since not a Mod) neccessarily aware it's someone we've banned 14 previous times.  

Food for thought.

Like it.  This would be helpful.

Although, sometimes you can still tell when they come back even with a different name.

image.png.a582dbdfb4bea35e5faa8617ff641395.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude you worry too much.

Seriously, it’s the internet. There’s no rules lol

There should be a wall of shame where banned posters are immortalized with some details about when they were banned and for what offense.  That way those of us who do not live or die by the daily goings on in this place can get themselves all caught up.

Wall could also be used record "near misses" when someone came right up to the line but ended up getting a free pass 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, EM31 said:

There should be a wall of shame where banned posters are immortalized with some details about when they were banned and for what offense.  That way those of us who do not live or die by the daily goings on in this place can get themselves all caught up.

Wall could also be used record "near misses" when someone came right up to the line but ended up getting a free pass 

Sometimes being banned is a badge of honor.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, EM31 said:

There was a sticky thread called the Gallows that was exactly that. 

• Upvote 1