Proposed new JN Forum Rule

Warfish

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Give everyone the same name but increment the number at the end.  JetsFan00001, JetsFan00002, etc.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I used to be Fifty One. Only took 16 years to catch me. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

While we are at it, lets take books we dont approve of out of the library.

OIP.YCe7KEPLbaHBF2z3vKUU8wHaDU?pid=ImgDe

Fahrenheit-451-2018-still.jpg

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Dude you worry too much.

I have a proposition:no rules at all. No mods at all.

If someone cant take it they leave. The rest of us speak our minds on everything. The fights will be an extra source of entertainment, the fb content wont change

When JI went down, someone from there tried the no moderation approach with a new site called the Hampur.

It worked for a while then about 5 or 6 years ago it turned into a complete cess pool.

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I 100% agree. Just like we can’t change what team we root for, we shouldn’t change our forum names. 

You only say that because Creepy Lurker (and the associated avatar) is the best forum name of all time.

My name was created to mock a lunatic who got banned shortly after

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

When JI went down, someone from there tried the no moderation approach with a new site called the Hampur.

It worked for a while then about 5 or 6 years ago it turned into a complete cess pool.

I do miss alot of those guys. 

The original group over there was alot of really good people IMO.  I only left them because I can't do two forums at once, and as the name indicates (the Hampur was JI's off-topic forum) it was mostly about non-football stuff in the early days.  Haven't been there in a while, but I do hope all my old friends there are doing well.

Retyping the same posts over and over, no thanks, I'm a one-forum-per-topic-only guy.  Same reason I mostly stayed at JI and not as much here at JN in the early years of JN, despite being an invitee to the original JI exodus here.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate that Max and Co. are ultra-light on the moderation here at JN.

I appreciate that even our worst trolls and sh*t-stirrers get 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances to come back and be better.  Some do, most don't, but still.

But I'd like to propose a new JN rule to @Maxman and Co.

If you ban a poster, and let them come back under a new account, can we please have moderation re-name the account to some version of their old, original name?

i.e. The Crusher is a bad troll.  He gets banned,

He comes back as JoeWaltonsNeckBeard

Moderators seem to be well aware who this guy is, can verify IP's (sometimes) and such, so they rename his account to The Crusher II or something similar.

I just got to say, it gets tiresome as a long-time community member debating with the same guy under his fifteenth user name, not (since not a Mod) neccessarily aware it's someone we've banned 14 previous times.  

Food for thought.

I would put @The Crusher in charge of the name changes.  Renaming Nico "Uncle Nico" was hilarious.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes and you should click it daily,. 

Yes, that will probably land somewhere towards the bottom of my To Do list, just below shaving my balls with a cheese grater. But if I ever get around to that, then clicking that will be next on the list. OK, probably second-next on the list, after applying some type of analgesic salve to the wrinklepurse. 

• Upvote 1