Proposed new JN Forum Rule

Warfish

This is Max's House, that's his call.  I respect he believes in 2nd chances.
I'm not here to question his rules   Just to find ways to help me (and perhaps others) keep folks known.
I think we non-banned, not-repeat name folks have a right to know if we're chatting to say, the 5th alt account of Defense Wins Championships, lol.  If possible, of course.
I agree... In general I prefer more hands off ... But when a guy disappears only to resurface under some clever pseudonym... It's disheartening to realize you have spent hours debating with a guy you would have just not wasted your time with.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Did we keep the football forum open? I do remember locking things down but couldn't remember if it was just the Lounge.

I thought we might be headed back that way this week.

My funny days are long gone. With great power comes great unfuniness apparently.

No, just the lounge. Your beloved football forums were left open to commiserate.

Yeah, you suck now. Oh wait, was that a despicable personal attack? 

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

If not a rename, maybe a nice stickied list of "this guy is now this guy".

If you'd asked me, I would have had no idea that High Pitch was Dick from JI.

We have alot of folks, it's hard to keep track of them all!  Between the guys on their 7th screen name, and the guys who joined only to follow their college QB, it gets hard to keep track of them all, lol.

And to @Maxman, to be clear, this is not a criticism of JN's moderation, I'm onboard with that, it's more an idea to help those of us who DON'T get banned eight times keep track of which doofus is railing against us yet again on their ninth screen name, the same doofus we've ignored 8 times before, lol.  

It's a pipe dream, I get it, I just have an odd feeling that several of the guys who give me the most grief here are guys who've given me grief under a dozen other names over the years, each time pretending they're someone different. 

And yes, before someone asks, it does make a difference.  If I know a guy is the same guy I wrote off as a troll years ago, I'm not going to waste my time trying to have a debate with that same guy under his tenth name, or take that guy seriously at all in the first place.  No point in it.

Wasting time having a debate about Jets football is practically the mission statement of Jets nation.  Why would you put people on ignore who waste your time.   Isn't that why we're all here?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Wasting time having a debate about Jets football is practically the mission statement of Jets nation.  Why would you put people on ignore who waste your time.   Isn't that why we're all here?

I don't.

But I also don't want to research or write a serious reply to someone I've already deemed unworthy in their first six screen-names.  Not worth the time and effort.  I reply to pretty much anyone who quotes me, and I don't generally have anyone on my ignore list.  But doing the same thing over and over is insanity, and the Jets do that enough for all of us.  I don't want to do it trying to take a troll seriously.

And again, the people who get banned shouldn't have more rights or knowledge or privileges than those who've followed the rules, should they?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

I don't.

But I also don't want to research or write a serious reply to someone I've already deemed unworthy in their first six screen-names.  Not worth the time and effort.  I reply to pretty much anyone who quotes me, and I don't generally have anyone on my ignore list.  But doing the same thing over and over is insanity, and the Jets do that enough for all of us.  I don't want to do it trying to take a troll seriously.

And again, the people who get banned shouldn't have more rights or knowledge or privileges than those who've followed the rules, should they?

A good reply is read by the entire board.  It might even spark debate from other posters.

I don't know what the rules are.  Never read them and don't consider them a thing.  Assume they are interpreted differently by different mods.  Sort of like NFL officiating.