Either way, it’s on JD and he’s got to go

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Wether the excuses are it’s mostly Zach Wilson , and/or the offense around him, it’s ALL on JD.  It’s definitely a combination of both. But JD has bet his job on Zach and the offense. It’s the worst offense in NFL history. It’s mostly Zach ok, but he did nothing to replace his prized pick, and forced ugly football down all our throats. Instead of realizing O needed major improvements, his first round pick is area on D we had plenty of depth.

This is where woody takes notice. This isn’t just about loses due to JDs poor gm skills, this is just embarrassing ugly football that no one wants to watch. Sure they may come see rodgers next yr, but then what ? This is an offense driven league. The Powers to be realize people are drawn to touchdowns, and changed the rules to favor the qb/ touchdowns. Woody has to take notice around league. Vikings quickly pivoted and gave up a 6th round pick for capable qb. While JD forced Zach. Who should never have been the qb2 going into the season. I don’t see how a gm can save his job, when year in year out you field the worst offense in the NFL. Your last 1 being worst in NFL history in most categories. We can’t trust him to fix the O going forward. 

Reports out today jets didn’t bring in a vet because “Rodgers wants to come back and the locker room would become that vets team”

What a selfish self centered a-hole and what a stooge of a GM we truly have, clean house completely INCLUDING TOXIC AF RODGERS 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Reports out today jets didn’t bring in a vet because “Rodgers wants to come back and the locker room would become that vets team”

What a selfish self centered a-hole and what a stooge of a GM we truly have, clean house completely INCLUDING TOXIC AF RODGERS 

Again on JD. He is the one who let Aaron have ALL the power. But JD loved hearing that I’m sure, he’s been all on zach, doubled and tripled his bets on him. But it’s clear JD has to go if he is being owned by rodgers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I got news for you.  No one is going anywhere unless Rodgers signs off on it.

I agree, but as soon as he retires their lifeline is gone. Are we betting JD will “ figure it out by then ?” 

Also if I’m rodgers, JD is the LAST guy on earth I’d want to field my offense for my last yr or 2.

• Post of the Week 3

Just now, Green Truth said:

He also put together a top quality defense. You win some you lose some. JD will be here for a while. Get used to it.

This “top quality defense” just got dogg walked by a rookie QB HC combo and a OC literally calling plays for the second time in his life 

I’m not sure wtf you are talking about sir 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

He also put together a top quality defense. You win some you lose some. JD will be here for a while. Get used to it.

If you constantly put the worst offense in the NFL ( this yr worst in NFL history) obviously all your effort is on the other side of the ball. The actual good gms can do both. The good ones attempt to fix their weaknesses, not just ignore them every yr.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Saleh an co. know how to identify and develop defensive talent. JD bought them the right groceries. 

On the other side, they can't get out of their own way, especially at the QB position. 

I'm confident JD could flip it if Saleh were to be dismissed and a real offensive mind was brought in here to work with him for a huge change. Gase was a failed attempt at it. They need someone who actually has proven something other than "worked for Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers".

It's an offensive league. The franchise chose elite defense over elite offense. You're not getting both. 

• Upvote 1

Do you trust Woody Johnson to hire a better GM than Joe Douglas?

He has his share of L's but has also done a lot of good things as a GM. The handling of the QB and WR position this season are huge fails. I'd love to know the extent that Woody has his hands on any of this.

If it were a "can't do much worse" situation it would be a different story but I don't think that's where we're at. I feel like if you fire JD you're more likely to land someone closer to Idzik or Big Mac than you are Howie Roseman.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If you constantly put the worst offense in the NFL ( this yr worst in NFL history) obviously all your effort is on the other side of the ball. The actual good gms can do both. The good ones attempt to fix their weaknesses, not just ignore them every yr.

He has built the team up in 2 years, Took a shot at a QB in 21, it did not work out. He will finish the job. To many impatient folks on this board. He can not predict injuries.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He has his share of L's but has also done a lot of good things as a GM. The handling of the QB and WR position this season are huge fails. I'd love to know the extent that Woody has his hands on any of this.

If it were a "can't do much worse" situation it would be a different story but I don't think that's where we're at. I feel like if you fire JD you're more likely to land someone closer to Idzik or Big Mac than you are Howie Roseman.

I mean woody was the one to hire JD and besides HISTORY tells us wood will try and hire the new hot name 9 times out of 10.

JD is 20 something wins to 50 plus losses I’m sure we can find better 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Joe D & Saleh would have to be unbalanced mentally if they were unaware of Rodgers’ immense baggage. And thought it worth it if he could ball out. That went up in smoke on 9/11.

PS  Joe D & Saleh may not be unbalanced generally. But they are when it comes to fielding a NFL offense. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Saleh an co. know how to identify and develop defensive talent. JD bought them the right groceries. 

On the other side, they can't get out of their own way, especially at the QB position. 

I'm confident JD could flip it if Saleh were to be dismissed and a real offensive mind was brought in here to work with him for a huge change. Gase was a failed attempt at it. They need someone who actually has proven something other than "worked for Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers".

It's an offensive league. The franchise chose elite defense over elite offense. You're not getting both. 

You can have elite defense with adequate offense and win in this league. They just don't have adequate offense. They tried to fix it with Rodgers, and he got hurt. So JD is doing what he can, he has made this team not an easy out every week, in less than 2 years. They just need to find a way to score points.

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This “top quality defense” just got dogg walked by a rookie QB HC combo and a OC literally calling plays for the second time in his life 

I’m not sure wtf you are talking about sir 

Dog walked is such a wonderful phrase. Says it all and fun to say

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

What has he built though? Another losing roster period 

He has built a championship defense and the offense would have been on the right track if not for injury, he cant predict injuries. So it is what it is. suck it up and lets see what happens next year. If you are out for the year. Enjoy your Sundays with family and put The Jets in the rearview mirror for this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

People need to realize that the season was over after 4 plays.  The worse we do this year feeds ARods ego and desire to be the one to turn it around.  

There are zero better options than having Arod back next year for a 2024 run.  Jets FO made their bed and will sleep in it until next spring.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I don’t  believe that. He could have offered a show me contract for a year. I know nothing about Dobbs contract but I bet it's  a one year deal

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

You can have elite defense with adequate offense and win in this league. They just don't have adequate offense. They tried to fix it with Rodgers, and he got hurt. So JD is doing what he can, he has made this team not an easy out every week, in less than 2 years. They just need to find a way to score points.

You CAN, but not when you hire a 1st time coach who is a defensive guy (and Woody Johnson as the owner). You aren't going to attract quality offensive coaching talent to work under him. You get stuck with a friend of Rodgers or other unproven failures. That's why the only leverage you have to get an offensive mind with even a CLUE is to offer him the head coaching position.

16 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

The Jets lose more than any other team though. Longest playoff drought in any of the major team sports, in fact.

“You win some you lose some”, what a loser mentality. 

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I mean woody was the one to hire JD and besides HISTORY tells us wood will try and hire the new hot name 9 times out of 10.

JD is 20 something wins to 50 plus losses I’m sure we can find better 

Woody also hired Idzik and Big Mac.

JD built a roster that has an elite defense and an offense that has been historically bad but has some elite pieces. The o-line was decimated with injuries the past 2 years - all teams have injuries but this has been way more than normal. He went and got us a top 10 QB and the guy got injured in 4 plays.

I'm good with giving him a chance to right the ship on offense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

The Jets lose more than any other team though. Longest playoff drought in any of the major team sports, in fact.

“You win some you lose some”, what a loser mentality. 

Fact is we knew he was tearing the team down to the scraps and last year was suppose to be a step in the right direction which it was, they created false hope by raising the expectations in the first half of the season. Once again, the patience of this fan base will run out the best regime we had in forever. 

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is a fair point and actually the most compelling argument for keeping Joe Douglas in place.

Compared to his predecessors Idzik and Dunkin Coffee man, JD is a HOF GM.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

He has built the team up in 2 years, Took a shot at a QB in 21, it did not work out. He will finish the job. To many impatient folks on this board. He can not predict injuries.

The browns were missing their top 3 OTs still just put 30 on the ravens. Injures happen EVERYWHERE. Not just the jets. “Took a shot a a qb “ lol. As if that is why our OL, offense is worst in NFL every yr ? Worst in NFL history this yr. Yet the sorry ass excuses for this guy who has accomplished nothing in this league.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

The browns were missing their top 3 OTs still just put 30 on the ravens. Injures happen EVERYWHERE. Not just the jets. “Took a shot a a qb “ lol. As if that is why our OL, offense is worst in NFL every yr ? Worst in NFL history this yr. Yet the sorry ass excuses for this guy who has accomplished nothing in this league.

Once again, run him it out of town and start over again, lets see how that works out for them. We have seen this story before. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Gotta get Rodgers approval.  Why do I keep having to point this out?

Rodgers aint staying for no rebuild and no, woody isn’t letting Rodgers go 

Rebuild? Didn’t say Saleh and Hackett. Just an actual competent gm who will field an offense that isn’t dead last every yr. A rebuild is tearing it all down. You can’t get more down than a Joe Douglas offense. We need a capable gm to fix issues right away. Why let JD keep trying and failing, at the most simple goal “ to not be the worst offense in the NFL.”