Either way, it’s on JD and he’s got to go

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

JD and Saleh got a pass the second Rodgers went down. They're both going nowhere 

Agree. But now we have time to think ahead. When gm/ President/qb Aaron rodgers retires in a yr, or 2. Do we sing hopeful songs and believe JD has learned how to be a gm from rodgers ? Lol. Plus I am not so sure that pass is scripted in stone now. Rodgers has to be thinking “ this is the guy I’m suppose to trust to help me out on O? Rodgers can’t be that stupid.

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You CAN, but not when you hire a 1st time coach who is a defensive guy (and Woody Johnson as the owner). You aren't going to attract quality offensive coaching talent to work under him. You get stuck with a friend of Rodgers or other unproven failures. That's why the only leverage you have to get an offensive mind with even a CLUE is to offer him the head coaching position.

They took a shot on a QB who has won a lot in this league. The worst happened and we have to live with it. They are competitive every game other then the Dallas game, and The Chargers game got away from them late. The offense is putrid. He will not be fired. Next year you may get your wish if they do not make the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It took just 2 seasons for Lynch and Co. to turn around the 2-14 9ers. The excuses and praise JD gets for being super mid is insane 

A real gm. Admits his colossal mistake with trey Lance, quickly cuts bait and moves on. JD would be starting Lance to prove to the world he didn’t F up 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Fact is we knew he was tearing the team down to the scraps and last year was suppose to be a step in the right direction which it was, they created false hope by raising the expectations in the first half of the season. Once again, the patience of this fan base will run out the best regime we had in forever. 

It doesn’t take 6 years to turn around a nfl franchise

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Woody also hired Idzik and Big Mac.

JD built a roster that has an elite defense and an offense that has been historically bad but has some elite pieces. The o-line was decimated with injuries the past 2 years - all teams have injuries but this has been way more than normal. He went and got us a top 10 QB and the guy got injured in 4 plays.

I'm good with giving him a chance to right the ship on offense. 

This is false. The OL has NEVER been considered a strength under JD. It’s been on a steady decline too. It was a big issue in offseason, and was ignored. Only 1 decent WR. Doesn’t get a capable backup, before or after rodgers went down. He is just an imbecile constructing an offense. Browns just put 30 on the ravens missing top 3 OTs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

This is false. The OL has NEVER been considered a strength under JD. It’s been on a steady decline too. It was a big issue in offseason, and was ignored. Only 1 decent WR. Doesn’t get a capable backup, before or after rodgers went down. He is just an imbecile constructing an offense. Browns just put 30 on the ravens missing top 3 OTs. 

what is false?

JD has put a ton of resources into OL. They have been injured at a well above average rate.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The offensive line is still in shambles after 4 years.

And Zach Wilson.

This. The guy can’t seem to build a competent line, his FA signings on the OL have been god awful. 

And he drafted Zach Wilson. I thought he might be the answer at GM, but he’s just as clueless as the ones in the past. Go get drunk off White Claws, Joe.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This “top quality defense” just got dogg walked by a rookie QB HC combo and a OC literally calling plays for the second time in his life 

I’m not sure wtf you are talking about sir 

I never thought I'd see the day where getting 2 TOs and 16 points given up as being "dog walked" lol

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Once again, the patience of this fan base will run out the best regime we had in forever. 

That's like choosing the least ugly. Best regime. That's f-ing pathetic. Jets are poorly run franchise. Eventually, Joe Douglas has to be held accountable. It's messed up that old ass Rodgers being here for 4 plays is buying this loser regime another off-season and season in 2024. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

This team is 7-3 right now with even slightly below average QB play.

I don't disagree with you BUT the whole the goal has changed from winning to placating Rodgers for '24.  That's clear as day to me.  I even think at some level the players will buy into that which will keep the team together for the wrong reasons.  

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

There is a thing called conference calls, internet, landline, pick one. You don’t think the owner had any input? 

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

In the content of rookie HC, QB and a second game play caller I would say YES 

So I see you don’t live in reality.

And I’m not even defending Douglas lately.  

9 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

It doesn’t take 6 years to turn around a nfl franchise

Math my friend. 4 1/2 years and he didn't even get to draft the year he was brought in. He lived with what he had in year one. Tore it down in year 2, made progress in year 3 and we are now here in year 4,

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That's like choosing the least ugly. Best regime. That's f-ing pathetic. Jets are poorly run franchise. Eventually, Joe Douglas has to be held accountable. It's messed up that old ass Rodgers being here for 4 plays is buying this loser regime another off-season and season in 2024. 

Once again, he will be back next year, deal with it. I understand the frustration, but it is what it is.

Math my friend. 4 1/2 years and he didn't even get to draft the year he was brought in. He lived with what he had in year one. Tore it down in year 2, made progress in year 3 and we are now here in year 4,

Also he tore it down in 2020. That was the move on from Jamal offseason. 2021 was not a tear down year. He had 100 million dollars in cap space and a ton of picks.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So I see you don’t live in reality.

And I’m not even defending Douglas lately.  

me not living in reality is 

-I assume woody was involved with hiring JD

-I say the defense got dog walked because a rookie HC, QB and second game OC was able to out scheme them 

Okay if you say so and please help me find my way back to reality…

dEfEnSe gReAt

I guess I’m coming back 

46 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do you trust Woody Johnson to hire a better GM than Joe Douglas?

He has his share of L's but has also done a lot of good things as a GM. The handling of the QB and WR position this season are huge fails. I'd love to know the extent that Woody has his hands on any of this.

If it were a "can't do much worse" situation it would be a different story but I don't think that's where we're at. I feel like if you fire JD you're more likely to land someone closer to Idzik or Big Mac than you are Howie Roseman.

This team is a broken record. The reason nothing ever changes is because a fish rots at the head.

Woody Johnson is the devil.

7 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Once again, he will be back next year, deal with it. I understand the frustration, but it is what it is.

Woody is impulsive. Who knows. It’s still uncertain who’s next in command after Woody anyways. Likely someone on the business side and outside people. 

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I never thought I'd see the day where getting 2 TOs and 16 points given up as being "dog walked" lol

I just think that a great defense wouldn’t get out schemed by literal rookies at all the import positions (HC,QB,OC) 

You’d like to believe a great defense is completely shutting that situation down.

Now if we are talking good defense I think that’s where we are but not great 

I’m not even sure there is a great defense in the nfl right now 

Just now, mfmartin said:

Also he tore it down in 2020. That was the move on from Jamal offseason. 2021 was not a tear down year. He had 100 million dollars in cap space and a ton of picks.

He played with what he had and started it during the 2020 season. I get it, you are not seeing anything good. They have been beating themselves this year, even with terrible QB play.

Now the question is, do you want them to tank at this point. If so, then there is no more reason to discuss it, and hope they lose the next 8 games so they can draft the next shiny toy.

As the OP said JD has to go and the OP will be upset that it will not happen.

So now that I stirred the pot, carry on with the melodrama.

23 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • John Dorsey drafted Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Kelce and Jones.  He still got fired.  
  • JD did some good things.  He cannot build a playoff team.  No GM has ever drafted a bust like Zach Wilson and survived.  No GM has not made the playoffs for 5 years and survived.  I think he did some good service but needs to go now.  I think that is the proper time with one year left on his contract.
  • The next GM needs a 6 year contract with a long term future.  JD cannot make the draft, etc decisions for this team this season.  
  • This is where, in my opinion, it gets Woody/Funny-like.  If I am Woody, I am telling my new GM:
    • You have Rodgers under contract in 2024.  You have Saleh under contract in 2024.  Do you best to support both of them for a playoff season in 2024.
    • Saleh is coaching for his next job so should be serious.  JD could screw up the team for years if he is allowed to draft again.
    • After 2024, it is up to the new GM to extend or let Saleh walk, keep Rodgers, and build the team as he/she sees fit.  

The decision not to follow the 9ers and cut bait with failed draft choice makes it much worse. JD has basically drafted Zach Wilson twice, allowing him to be 1 injury away from leading his severely flawed Offense. JD is certainly not the gm for the future. But I’d argue he isn’t even close to best option for present either. He put the O in such big of a hole, certainly do not trust him to reverse his damage. It’s critical O gets a highly capable offensive minded gm to allow rodgers to have at least a shot.

• Upvote 1

When you make the trade for Rogers you HAVE to do better than starting the season with an OL with 3 supposed starters coming back from injury........Brown old as hell....Becton 1 game the last 2 years and AVT missing most of 2022.........To pick McDonald at 15 no matter what he turns out to be was a mistake as is most of the draft class besides Tippman.......Many have not played a snap and others very few reps.......JD must have had an idea Cory Davis might retire and did not replace him........Mecole Hardman a disaster signing......Cobb the same and though i thought Lazard would be better he has been a disaster as well........Not a great offseason when thinking of going to the SB with Rogers nor not having a competent vet in case Rogers went down, no matter what reports or rumors that Rogers was the force behind some of these moves......JD is the decider in chief so it falls on his ass.......

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The decision not do follow the 9ers and cut bait with failed draft choice makes it much worse. JD has basically drafted Zach Wilson twice, allowing him to be 1 injury away from leading his severely flawed Offense. JD is certainly not the gm for the future. But I’d argue he isn’t even close to best option for present either. He put the O in such big of a hole, certainly do not trust him to reverse his damage. It’s critical O gets a highly capable offensive minded gm to allow rodgers to have at least a shot.

Even better is we had to listen to the Jets and Saleh tell us…yes tell us how much Zach has improved while he was handing off for a quarter in preseason games. Meanwhile this off-season he was at the facility a grand total of zero times and the coach’s advice to him the off-season was to read a book and figure out what you want to do with your life. Is tailgating worth the price of season tix? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Even better is we had to listen to the Jets and Saleh tell us…yes tell us how much Zach has improved while he was handing off for a quarter in preseason games. Meanwhile this off-season he was at the facility a grand total of zero times and the coach’s advice to him the off-season was to read a book and figure out what you want to do with your life. 

I don’t expect Saleh to be a brilliant mind when it comes to Offense, qbs. He is obviously a D guru, and our D is great. Which is why it’s much more imperative we have a strong O minded gm. JD is complete opposite of that.

14 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

I know they will all be back. Aaron Rodgers being on the Jets for next season guarantees that. Some old QB with his best days behind him is keeping the Greatest sh*t Show going!

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I know they will all be back. Aaron Rodgers being on the Jets for next season guarantees that. Some old QB with his best days behind him is keeping the Greatest sh*t Show going!

We all know they will be back, why start a post out of frustration. I know its human nature, we all care about this team. The players are beating themselves.

So, What can be done right now to help maybe salvage a winning season? That is what should be discussed.  The narrative The Jets are a bad team. They are not a bad team. They are a bad offense.  Team is the whole of all its parts.

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

I don't disagree with you BUT the whole the goal has changed from winning to placating Rodgers for '24.  That's clear as day to me.  I even think at some level the players will buy into that which will keep the team together for the wrong reasons.  

That's what we're complaining about lol. This was inexcusable, especially given how guys off the street could make this team competitive. 

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I just think that a great defense wouldn’t get out schemed by literal rookies at all the import positions (HC,QB,OC) 

You’d like to believe a great defense is completely shutting that situation down.

Now if we are talking good defense I think that’s where we are but not great 

I’m not even sure there is a great defense in the nfl right now 

Idk, 16 points is a touchdown less than league average points scored. Can't expect the defense to consistently give the offense 3 extra drives per week. If the Jets defense isn't considered great after holding Allen, Hurts, Mahomes, and Herbert to career and season lows (let alone lower than Zach Wilson) then I don't think we'll ever see a great defense in the NFL.

• Upvote 2