Either way, it’s on JD and he’s got to go

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Again on JD. He is the one who let Aaron have ALL the power. But JD loved hearing that I’m sure, he’s been all on zach, doubled and tripled his bets on him. But it’s clear JD has to go if he is being owned by rodgers.

JD let Aaron have all the power? or is it Woody. im sure this was talked about when they went to visit him in LA. 

Hoping we lose all the remaining games in embarrassing fashion

and break every negative record. I'm going on 77 and have rooted

for the JETS  since the first time we took the field in 1960. I don't

have much time left, fire Douglas, Saleh and his coaching staff, never

let Wilson take another snap for our team after he accomplishes the

tank. Hire Lanning and end the Rodgers pipedream

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t expect Saleh to be a brilliant mind when it comes to Offense, qbs. He is obviously a D guru, and our D is great. Which is why it’s much more imperative we have a strong O minded gm. JD is complete opposite of that.

What does this even mean? JD has spent lots of assets on offense it is not like he has ignored it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, derp said:

There should have been no chance that Zach Wilson saw the field this year. Ensuring he didn’t play would’ve been in everyone’s best interest.

Douglas will inevitably be fired, and not in ten years or so. He’s mortgaged future assets to put together a deeply flawed roster.

There is no sense delaying the inevitable. If the fanbase makes enough of a stink, maybe the Douglas firing happens sooner and fixing this roster can start one year earlier.

It’ll almost certainly happen in early 2025 instead of early 2024, but it’d be better to just do it now and let someone else use this upcoming high draft pick and clean up the roster.

Hope you are right.  look at the 💩 of an offense he has constructed year after year. It just gets worse. Zach Wilson may be the worst, but other than AVT, breece, Garrett it’s pretty much crap. Aaron rodgers will boost the O, but he isn’t the almighty god he use to be. Even if he was, JD has given him the worst offensive in the NFL to work with. Even without injuries it would be. With the injuries it’s the worst in NFL history. If we are lucky, a new gm can clean up SOME of JDs mess before rodgers hangs it up. 

3 hours ago, derp said:

There should have been no chance that Zach Wilson saw the field this year. Ensuring he didn’t play would’ve been in everyone’s best interest.

This is right here.

There was absolutely no reason we didn’t have a better backup QB on the roster. Minshew, Dalton, Dobbs, or even Mike White.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Reports out today jets didn’t bring in a vet because “Rodgers wants to come back and the locker room would become that vets team”

What a selfish self centered a-hole and what a stooge of a GM we truly have, clean house completely INCLUDING TOXIC AF RODGERS 

Reports from who? 

Hoping we lose all the remaining games in embarrassing fashion
and break every negative record. I'm going on 77 and have rooted
for the JETS  since the first time we took the field in 1960. I don't
have much time left, fire Douglas, Saleh and his coaching staff, never
let Wilson take another snap for our team after he accomplishes the
tank. Hire Lanning and end the Rodgers pipedream

77 ? Ha .. you got 20 more years of this sh*t.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

After his 50% hit rate with the high first rounder his rosters keep earning, JD has basically done next to nothing of value for this team. At this point it's just another instance of stubbornness for those trying to defend a guy who has been a continual failure for 5 years now. 

Some got hung up on him from day one, with little justifiable reason even then, and now are just desperate to defend it to a fault. However, we only need to remember those who were celebrating the retention of Maccagnan and hiring of Gase just months earlier than that. At this point, it's like we're watching a remake of when we heard the same objectively wrong arguments in defense of Mac, who JD has shown to be little more than a bald version of at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The offensive line is still in shambles after 4 years.

And Zach Wilson.

That is 100% on JD. For the longest time, he could not find a kicker. The OL is average when fully healthy. I am not as enamored with him as many on this board. I think that he truly has to go and take Saleh with him. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, derp said:

Douglas will inevitably be fired, and not in ten years or so. He’s mortgaged future assets to put together a deeply flawed roster.

There is no sense delaying the inevitable. If the fanbase makes enough of a stink, maybe the Douglas firing happens sooner and fixing this roster can start one year earlier.

It’ll almost certainly happen in early 2025 instead of early 2024, but it’d be better to just do it now and let someone else use this upcoming high draft pick and clean up the roster.

He literally made one trade "mortgaging" the future.  Two 2nd rounders.  I feel like every other trade he's made to this point has been accumulating picks.  Zach was never going to be buried, it was just never going to happen.  2nd overall pick, two years after being drafted, going to 3rd string/non-dressed.  If you want to fire him because he drafted Zach in the first place, sure thing.  Seems a little harsh considering the rest of his draft record, but I get it. 2nd overall and the most important position.  But firing him because he was on the roster two years after being drafted seems a bit.....silly, I guess.  

You make it sound like this roster is some disaster.  Like it needs a complete overhaul.  I just don't see it.  We need a massive upgrade at QB, which we got, but were dealt a sh*t hand.  I'm sure I'll read about how this happening was obvious for the 100th time, but apparently only the great @bitonti was predicting this.  Everyone else, even the most pessimistic Jet fans, were just talking about him being washed.  We could use some better depth on the OL like 90% of the rest of the league; maybe a starting RT but again Mitchell has looked pretty damn good.  No one can convince me this is a bad OL with Becton-Tomlinson-Tippmann-AVT-Mitchell, but yes, the depth needs to be better.  We could use a high end WR to replace Davis who decided to retire a few weeks before the season(again, sh*t hand).  Maybe another depth WR as well, a 4 or 5, something that shouldn't be hard to find.  Only other glaring things I can see are a run-stuffing DT2, maybe a young LB to replace Mosley, perhaps a S to replace Whitehead but then again maybe not.

Either way, if JD is fired, his replacement will probably have the easiest new GM job of all time.  Compare the job JD had taking over this team to the job his replacement would have in 2024.  JD had Jamal Adams....that's it.  Quinnen was being called a "bust" back then, and Darnold was well on his way to becoming one.  New GM has Garrett, Breece, at least 3/5 of an OL core, Quinnen, JJ, Huff(most likely), Quincy, Sauce, Reed (oh and for all the heat JD takes about his signings, those Quincy and Huff pickups were on him as well).  

Imagine getting fired because you didn't sign Gardner Minshew....the guy who was 0-2 when asked to step in last year for his injured QB(a team that finished 14-3).  I'm sure it's bigger than that though.  Those one year Randall Cobb and Dalvin Cook deals were real back breakers.  Has JD been perfect?  **** no.  But I feel like that's what some want him fired for - not being perfect.  He's done about as good a job as anyone could have done rebuilding a complete cesspool of a roster.  Firing him now would be beyond stupid, IMO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

If you want to fire him because he drafted Zach in the first place, sure thing

OK let's do that then 

Zach wilson is the worst draft pick in the modern era 

He's worse than Blair Thomas and Johnny lam Jones put together 

Drafting this worthless player at 2 overall is a fireable offense 

Bringing in Rodgers and giving him the highest contract in franchise history is also a fireable offense 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK let's do that then 

Bringing in Rodgers and giving him the highest contract in franchise history is also a fireable offense 

The poster you replied to might as well have been Joe Douglas himself. Qbs by far have the biggest bust rate in NFL. Everyone knows this. Zach Wilson was definitely a lot higher risk than Trevor Lawrence. But there wasn’t really any other solid qb prospects.

The poster said just because Zach was drafted 2nd overall, the entire franchise has to suffer for 4 years before he is moved. He has to play, or at worst not be pushed lower than qb2, no matter how bad he has been in 3 years, solely because of where he was drafted. It’s a good thing JD didn’t draft 2 other qbs say in 4th and 5th round. Even if they were playing clearly better, they lose their job to Zach Wilson. 

This is only 1 of the reasons why JD is the worst gm in the NFL. When he makes a big mistake, he doesn’t cut his loses and move on. Instead he pushes more chips in doubling and tripling his bet on Zach, even if it sets the franchise back. He is not in the class of 49ers gm. Who admitted his mistake with trey Lance ( had given up lot of draft capital to move up for him ) and sends him on his ways. That’s what a good gm does, and we painfully see what a bad one does.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

He literally made one trade "mortgaging" the future.  Two 2nd rounders.  I feel like every other trade he's made to this point has been accumulating picks.  Zach was never going to be buried, it was just never going to happen.  2nd overall pick, two years after being drafted, going to 3rd string/non-dressed.  If you want to fire him because he drafted Zach in the first place, sure thing.  Seems a little harsh considering the rest of his draft record, but I get it. 2nd overall and the most important position.  But firing him because he was on the roster two years after being drafted seems a bit.....silly, I guess.  

You make it sound like this roster is some disaster.  Like it needs a complete overhaul.  I just don't see it.  We need a massive upgrade at QB, which we got, but were dealt a sh*t hand.  I'm sure I'll read about how this happening was obvious for the 100th time, but apparently only the great @bitonti was predicting this.  Everyone else, even the most pessimistic Jet fans, were just talking about him being washed.  We could use some better depth on the OL like 90% of the rest of the league; maybe a starting RT but again Mitchell has looked pretty damn good.  No one can convince me this is a bad OL with Becton-Tomlinson-Tippmann-AVT-Mitchell, but yes, the depth needs to be better.  We could use a high end WR to replace Davis who decided to retire a few weeks before the season(again, sh*t hand).  Maybe another depth WR as well, a 4 or 5, something that shouldn't be hard to find.  Only other glaring things I can see are a run-stuffing DT2, maybe a young LB to replace Mosley, perhaps a S to replace Whitehead but then again maybe not.

Either way, if JD is fired, his replacement will probably have the easiest new GM job of all time.  Compare the job JD had taking over this team to the job his replacement would have in 2024.  JD had Jamal Adams....that's it.  Quinnen was being called a "bust" back then, and Darnold was well on his way to becoming one.  New GM has Garrett, Breece, at least 3/5 of an OL core, Quinnen, JJ, Huff(most likely), Quincy, Sauce, Reed (oh and for all the heat JD takes about his signings, those Quincy and Huff pickups were on him as well).  

Imagine getting fired because you didn't sign Gardner Minshew....the guy who was 0-2 when asked to step in last year for his injured QB(a team that finished 14-3).  I'm sure it's bigger than that though.  Those one year Randall Cobb and Dalvin Cook deals were real back breakers.  Has JD been perfect?  **** no.  But I feel like that's what some want him fired for - not being perfect.  He's done about as good a job as anyone could have done rebuilding a complete cesspool of a roster.  Firing him now would be beyond stupid, IMO. 

It's not the trade, it's the free agent acquisitions kicking money into future years to put this kind of roster on the field. And his draft record is wildly overrated, many bad picks besides Zach Wilson.

We've argued this before so I don't want to get in the weeds with you again, but you think the roster is good and I firmly disagree so I don't think we're really going to get anywhere. This isn't a below average offense, it's a league-worst kind of offense and it's been that way for years - not like it's a new problem. The baseline offensive line is inadequate, the skill talent is inadequate, the backup quarterback situation was an obvious problem before the season so he doesn't just get a pass on that. Every team in the league deals with injuries. He is just not getting the job done.

I think he'll get let go, probably early in 2025, and I think he's not going to get scooped up as a GM by another team as an OC like LaFleur did. So I think the mistake is hanging on to him. But we'll see.

The guy who takes over this job will not have an easy time. Team is stuck in purgatory with a good defense, a massive dearth of offensive talent, limited cap space, difficult contract decisions, and absolutely no clear path to a franchise quarterback. But again, you like this roster a lot more than I do so it makes sense you disagree.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

OK let's do that then 

Yes the thing that 99% of the fanbase wanted is a fireable offense.

1 hour ago, derp said:

It's not the trade, it's the free agent acquisitions kicking money into future years to put this kind of roster on the field. And his draft record is wildly overrated, many bad picks besides Zach Wilson.

We've argued this before so I don't want to get in the weeds with you again, but you think the roster is good and I firmly disagree so I don't think we're really going to get anywhere. This isn't a below average offense, it's a league-worst kind of offense and it's been that way for years - not like it's a new problem. The baseline offensive line is inadequate, the skill talent is inadequate, the backup quarterback situation was an obvious problem before the season so he doesn't just get a pass on that. Every team in the league deals with injuries. He is just not getting the job done.

I think he'll get let go, probably early in 2025, and I think he's not going to get scooped up as a GM by another team as an OC like LaFleur did. So I think the mistake is hanging on to him. But we'll see.

The guy who takes over this job will not have an easy time. Team is stuck in purgatory with a good defense, a massive dearth of offensive talent, limited cap space, difficult contract decisions, and absolutely no clear path to a franchise quarterback. But again, you like this roster a lot more than I do so it makes sense you disagree.

Yes many teams deal with injuries.  Not many deal with their franchise QB going down for the year week 1.  That's just not a "next man up" type situation.  The Chiefs, Eagles, Bengals, doesn't matter.  Any of those teams would be ****ed if they lost their QB.  So yeah, it's not surprising it's a league worst offense when they have a league worst QB.  Again, that's on JD for drafting the dude in the first place, but they were never going to bury him this year.  No team is going to write off their 2nd overall pick investment 2 years in, which is what dropping him to 3rd string would have done.  

...and yeah the rest is just hyperbole IMO.  Just saying "good defense" and then "massive dearth of offensive talent" kinda tells the story, tbh.  It's like the people criticizing JD's draft record, calling 2020 "worst draft of all time" and then saying "2022 - good draft".  It's funny.  All the fancy superlatives for the bad, while the good is almost glossed over.  

But yeah, we've been here before.  Either way we essentially agree that JD is going nowhere if you're predicting early 2025.  If that were to happen it probably means Rodgers gets hurt again or just flat out sucks next year, in which case I do agree he's probably gone, regardless of how well/poorly he builds the rest of the roster this offseason.  I'm sure at that point they clean house - new GM, new coaching staff.

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

How is what the fans want relevant to anything? 

Read my signature jd is 24-51 that's another fireable offense 

Just comical, is all.

"Do this yes!!!!!"

6 months later

"He has to be fired for this"

...and yeah I guess if you want to look at it that way in terms of record, which is probably as empty headed as you could, it makes sense.  In that scenario the Jets could have gone 17-0 this year and it would still make sense to fire him.  "I can't look past those years of awfulness when you took over a team with zero talent...."  Seems reasonable.

1 hour ago, derp said:

What's makes this roster so hard to turn around? You don't even need to touch the defense really. 

Seems like a rather easy job for a GM IMO. Just find an adequate QB after Rodgers.

9 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

...and yeah I guess if you want to look at it that way in terms of record, which is probably as empty headed as you could, it makes sense.  In that scenario the Jets could have gone 17-0 this year and it would still make sense to fire him.  "I can't look past those years of awfulness when you took over a team with zero talent...."  Seems reasonable.

if Joe Douglas went 17-0 no one would want him fired cmon 

is that really where we're at? The fans are unreasonable? 

The Jets are a professional football team that can't score a touchdown 

it's a football game it's not unreasonable to expect the Jets to score touchdowns every now and again 

• Upvote 3