Jump to content

I Have Never Felt Like This About The Jets


Recommended Posts

I'm trying to figure oit how this team goes forward. We have a top D. Saleh and JD actually did well at this. We have impact players on O. Enough to win with. The OL and QB positions are a mess and I think Rogers being here complicates it to the point we really are stuck at that position. I don’t see Saleh going anywhere or JD and the 2 things wrong are his work. He hasn’t  picked any good OL. A case can be made for Becton and AVT but both have questionable health issues and Tippman has looked good but we know so little. All the other OL picks are just plain terrible and do I really need to speak aboit the QB. All this is wrong yet we are faced with JD trying to fix this for another season. This should be one of the circles of Hell Dante wrote about. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Rodgers deal was a disaster for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that it locks us into Douglas, Saleh, and Hackett for at least another year.

Oh please Garrapolo or Carr would have been a worse fate. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Rodgers deal was a disaster for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that it locks us into Douglas, Saleh, and Hackett for at least another year.

Just gonna be a full year without any accountability. 

Zach is the obvious, beyond a joke example but guys like Lazard would probably be long benched at this point if they weren't so concerned with alienating Rodgers and the pieces they've placed around him. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Rodgers deal was a disaster for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that it locks us into Douglas, Saleh, and Hackett for at least another year.

The disaster is not Aaron rodgers, it’s being in that desperation disaster of a position to need rescuing from a 40 yr old qb. Rodgers is a big upgrade over Zach, but he is not Superman. No qb could do much with the offense JD fielded.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Just gonna be a full year without any accountability. 

Zach is the obvious, beyond a joke example but guys like Lazard would probably be long benched at this point if they weren't so concerned with alienating Rodgers and the pieces they've placed around him. 

Lazard has been worse than I ever could have imagined. I knew he was a weak #2 and was concerned after Davis retired, but he's just lost on the field. Critical penalties, big drops, no speed or athleticism, lazy routes. The guy looked like he was running at half speed on that deep shot last night. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The OL and QB positions are a mess and I think Rogers being here complicates it to the point we really are stuck at that position. I don’t see Saleh going anywhere or JD and the 2 things wrong are his work. He hasn’t  picked any good OL.

It's kind of crazy and probably has quite a bit to do with the Raiders having no pass rush threat outside of Crosby, but the pass pro looked as good last night as I've seen it in awhile.

Becton got blown by off the EDGE for that near sack fumble, but that was also on Zach for not pulling the trigger.

I think we may have found an answer at C with Tippman, and the kid off the street Xavier Newman has acquitted himself decently considering the circumstances.

Patrick Graham is a good DC, and the Raiders appeared to be schemed up pretty well last, but at some point the excuses have to stop.

Garrett Wilson is a legit elite WR1 and Breece Hall is an elite back.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The thing that bothers me most is that if you’re going to stick with Zach, then rip the bandaid off and call the offense like you would if it was Rodgers. Playing tummy sticks with the offense is not helping anyone. Push the ball down the field with some passing. We know he has a decent arm. Don’t run the ball every first down. Don’t try and hope the defense shuts down teams every week. Our kickers are good but they shouldn’t be our gameplan. I’d rather lose a game with Zach throwing picks down the field rather than no picks and no points. It’s insane. 

No freaking way. I want the ball on Hall's hands....a lot. The guy is a home run threat. Keep feeding him the ball. Zach's progression onnpass plays should be Wilson, then Hall. Conklin and Gipson should only be short yardage options. Lazard should just block. The fact that with the game on the line that Zach threw to Lazard shows you he can't  be trusted to just let it rip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm trying to figure oit how this team goes forward. We have a top D. Saleh and JD actually did well at this. We have impact players on O. Enough to win with. The OL and QB positions are a mess and I think Rogers being here complicates it to the point we really are stuck at that position. I don’t see Saleh going anywhere or JD and the 2 things wrong are his work. He hasn’t  picked any good OL. A case can be made for Becton and AVT but both have questionable health issues and Tippman has looked good but we know so little. All the other OL picks are just plain terrible and do I really need to speak aboit the QB. All this is wrong yet we are faced with JD trying to fix this for another season. This should be one of the circles of Hell Dante wrote about. 

We don’t have much as far as offensive players go. We have breece, Conklin, and Wilson. Nobody else behind them are above replacement level. Lazard isn’t good. Gipson is a project. CJ is bad. Everyone else is at the bottom of most teams depth chart. When we signed lazard, I thought it made sense because Davis was on the roster and his blocking ability is good but under no circumstances should this guy be a teams full time number 2. I don’t normally complain on players we draft but drafting McDonald over JSN was insane. I get why we decided to not reach on an OL at the pick but drafting a player we literally don’t have the room to play is insane. This offense desperately needs a second receiver.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

How would Carr have been worse?

The team would have more draft picks, and 2 more wins this year.

Because you'd be locked into Derek Carr being your QB for a minimum of 3 seasons.  QB purgatory.  Too expensive for too long to keep all your key pieces around.  Not good enough to get you a division title.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm trying to figure oit how this team goes forward. We have a top D. Saleh and JD actually did well at this. We have impact players on O. Enough to win with. The OL and QB positions are a mess and I think Rogers being here complicates it to the point we really are stuck at that position. I don’t see Saleh going anywhere or JD and the 2 things wrong are his work. He hasn’t  picked any good OL. A case can be made for Becton and AVT but both have questionable health issues and Tippman has looked good but we know so little. All the other OL picks are just plain terrible and do I really need to speak aboit the QB. All this is wrong yet we are faced with JD trying to fix this for another season. This should be one of the circles of Hell Dante wrote about. 

image.gif.ff45dd94ff3030527b727f60ac8ec1c3.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, chirorob said:

How would Carr have been worse?

The team would have more draft picks, and 2 more wins this year.

You forgot they'd also have Derek Carr playing QB for the next 3 or 4 years. 

At least this year should spell the end of the Wilson era in NY.  Next year we will have the best QB we ever have, (yes at 40), for the next couple seasons.  They'll presumably have learned their lesson and bring in a real QB2 as well as draft one that could take over when Rodgers done. 

Even with the injury this is still a better outcome than 4 years of Carr. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pac said:

You forgot they'd also have Derek Carr playing QB for the next 3 or 4 years. 

At least this year should spell the end of the Wilson era in NY.  Next year we will have the best QB we ever have, (yes at 40), for the next couple seasons.  They'll presumably have learned their lesson and bring in a real QB2 as well as draft one that could take over when Rodgers done. 

Even with the injury this is still a better outcome than 4 years of Carr. 

I'd argue Carr would be the 2nd best QB the Jets have ever had, and I don't think they draft a QB in this year's draft.

JD will probably go O Line, I'd go either O Line or WR, both are massive needs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chirorob said:

I'd argue Carr would be the 2nd best QB the Jets have ever had, and I don't think they draft a QB in this year's draft.

JD will probably go O Line, I'd go either O Line or WR, both are massive needs.

Namath, Kenny O, Chadwick all better than Carr. 

I wasn't necessarily talking about first round QB.  I'm not going to look at it but I'd guess at least 1/3rd of starting QBs aren't 1st round picks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Simeian wins at least one if not both of the last 2 games..  No one can convince me otherwise. 

Saleh and JD are suffering from the Zachapono flu and sadly don't seem interested in curing themselves. 

This team with Josh Dobbs from Day 1 is probably 7-2.

And if had beaten KC, we are sitting on the #1 seed.

  • Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...