The 6 Emotional stages of a Jets fan for every season

Alka

These are the 6 emotional stages of what we Jets fans go through every single year:

1. Hope-  We Jets fans see all of the new draft picks and free agents that we have before the 1st game, and hear all of the positive things that are being said out of Jets camp.

2. Happiness-  Whether or not we win the first game of the season, the Jets will win a game or 2 or 3, and Jets fan rejoice at the prospect that this is the year we finally go the playoffs.

3. Denial-  The Jets will lose a game or 2 after going on a brief winning streak, and believe that we will immediately get back on a winning streak, being that the Jets have easy games coming up                           against garbage teams.

4. Anger-  The Jets now are losing against teams that we thought were garbage and not nearly as good as the current Jets team is, and are angry that the leadership, ownership, and players are                           screwing it up!

5. Depression, loneliness and reflection-  Jet fans are now going into their shells, refusing to even want to talk about the team, and having a feeling of helplessness, which is a familiar feeling that                                                                            Jets fans have about every time this year.

6. Acceptance-  We Jets fans finally acknowledge that our team is actually one of the garbage teams that we thought we would beat, and realize that the Jets are a long ways from being any good,                              and we all think about how high our draft choice will be next year, assuming that the Jets will lose most if not all of it's remaining games.

I would recommend that every Jets fan should print this out for your own personal use, so that you can reflect on these stages for future years.

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

You forgot Apathy.

The difference the past 2 years is that Apathy started in November, throughout my tenure as a Jets fan is its usually after the first week in October.

I knew that I forgot one.  You are correct, apathy is the 7th one after acceptance!!

The Jets are becoming the Knicks to me.

you lose long enough and you just stop caring.  the Knicks basically lost and embarassed themselves for the better part of 20 years and I just lost interest. don't watch'em anymore, don't care.

The Jets are rapidly heading down this road. 13 Years and counting.

Look I have made my peace with the fact that I will NEVER see the New York Jets in the Super Bowl. Just not gonna happen. Change the QB, Change the Coach, Bring in new players it is always. SOJ.

This team really needs a witch doctor or something

I'm literally here just for the sh*tposting and jokes. Spent way too much $$ last week to watch Wilson and the Jets to poop their pants. Pretty much checked out after that. 

I weep for ST holders. I'd sell my tix to opposing fans exclusively if I had them after the last decade of trash.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

You forgot Apathy.

The difference the past 2 years is that Apathy started in November, throughout my tenure as a Jets fan is its usually after the first week in October.

This.

Jets gave us some brief hope from the Chiefs game through the Eagles game but the Giants "win" was a sobering wakeup call. 

This is a non-competitive team and the season ended when we were blown out by the Chargers at home on MNF.

Last night I bet on the Raiders +107, watched The Last Samurai and went to bed at a reasonable hour. Didn't watch one second of the Jets game.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This.

Jets gave us some brief hope from the Chiefs game through the Eagles game but the Giants "win" was a sobering wakeup call. 

This is a non-competitive team and the season ended when we were blown out by the Chargers at home on MNF.

Last night I bet on the Raiders +107, watched The Last Samurai and went to bed at a reasonable hour. Didn't watch one second of the Jets game.

They're doing a Shogun series (Based on the Clavell book). Looks interesting....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1