13th in the AFC - 2 weeks, Jets will be in 1st place

JETS SB

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Crazier things have happened, than winning 2 straight games. We have the D. Not saying Zach Wilson will play lights out. All he needs to do is what he did vs the Eagles and the Bills in game 1. And let our D be dominant. 

Let’s Go !!! 

They say it's very polite to say only nice and positive things....   At least the OP is making more sense than our HC in explaining why Zach should still be starting games.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

As of today, the Jets rank 13th in the AFC. We have the Bills number. No doubt, we will give them a good game on Sunday. Seems that’s what we do, when all hope seems to be lost. 

Then we play Miami at home. Probably a bigger challenge. Though our strength, with our CBs, matches up well with their 2 top WRs. 

Our defense gives us a chance with any opponent. We proved that with our game vs the Eagles.

The following scenario puts us in 1st place in the AFC East.

Jets beat Buffalo and Miami

Miami loses to LV and NYJ

Buffalo loses to NYJ and Phil (though the Bills don’t have to lose to Phil)

We will be 6-5, tied with Miami at 6-5. (We would be ahead with better division record). Buffalo will be 5-7. 

And only a few weeks away from Aaron Rodgers returning. 

Crazier things have happened, than winning 2 straight games. We have the D. Not saying Zach Wilson will play lights out. All he needs to do is what he did vs the Eagles and the Bills in game 1. And let our D be dominant. 

Let’s Go !!! 

Medicine Pills GIF by Fergie

• Haha 1

In all honesty, I think we have s chance against the Bills. Allen is playing his way out of Buffalo.  I wouldn't  be surprised if a major trade happed in the off season allowing the Bills to take one of the top QB prospects in the draft sending Allen to another team. The rest of that post is just crazy rambling. I mean LV beating Miami? The Jets beating Miami? We are not shutting down the Miami O. Keeping them in the low 20's would be an acomplishment

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

As of today, the Jets rank 13th in the AFC. We have the Bills number. No doubt, we will give them a good game on Sunday. Seems that’s what we do, when all hope seems to be lost. 

Then we play Miami at home. Probably a bigger challenge. Though our strength, with our CBs, matches up well with their 2 top WRs. 

Our defense gives us a chance with any opponent. We proved that with our game vs the Eagles.

We will be 6-5, tied with Miami at 6-5. (We would be ahead with better division record). Buffalo will be 5-7. 

Let’s Go !!! 

I approve of this insanity.

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In all honesty, I think we have s chance against the Bills. Allen is playing his way out of Buffalo.  I wouldn't  be surprised if a major trade happed in the off season allowing the Bills to take one of the top QB prospects in the draft sending Allen to another team. The rest of that post is just crazy rambling. I mean LV beating Miami? The Jets beating Miami? We are not shutting down the Miami O. Keeping them in the low 20's would be an acomplishment

Yeah we can shutdown Miami. Other than Dallas the Jets D has pretty much shut everyone down. Question as always is can the Jets score ? Probably not

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'm actually not sure that we score an offensive touchdown in either of the next two games. So let's start there and work our way up.

But I do love your optimism so ignore me.

I'm not sure either. But, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot whenever we get into the red zone, we might score an occasional touchdown. And with our defense, that could be enough. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Amazing how it’s still there for the taking  but it would require us to score a modest amount of TD’s. Scoring TD’s is like trying to find a needle in haystack with this offense. Truth is our offense hasn’t even found the haystack yet. 

Just makes it more depressing that the teams ahead of us have flaws and anything above a league worst offense would have given us a chance at the division. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Let’s Go !!! 

tumblr_mmuuvpifCK1sp9fcho1_400.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'm actually not sure that we score an offensive touchdown in either of the next two games. So let's start there and work our way up.

But I do love your optimism so ignore me.

Saleh if sincere mentioned some personal changes. That would need to be TE Uzmah and maybe RB Carter with Izzy. Heck, what have we got to lose at this point?. If we don’t try something else how are these mistakes going to stop.

40 minutes ago, viffer said:

I'm not sure either. But, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot whenever we get into the red zone, we might score an occasional touchdown. And with our defense, that could be enough. 

Maybe we need to avoid the RZ and try to setup plays that score before they get that far down there like the Hall screens and runs, assuming like we had done a few games ago can be executed without penalties. A lot to ask as after the bye week the penalties are always occurring now and killing drives especially in the RZ.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Amazing how it’s still there for the taking  but it would require us to score a modest amount of TD’s. Scoring TD’s is like trying to find a needle in haystack with this offense. Truth is our offense hasn’t even found the haystack yet. 

They haven't even found the farm

• Upvote 1