He is his father's son

AFJF

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know it’s just a function of fans getting to see the Spillane interception and having that tangible image of how bad Zach Wilson is, but I appreciated that Jets Twitter took the day off from trying to argue that Zach Wilson is secretly good now. 

Zach_Wilson_EVERY_THROW__Week_10__New_York_Jets_vs_LV_Raid.gif.3632bad2de2843c9bca7fa61a2703bd3.gif

Just now, Lurker89 said:

No one has ever said he doesn't have the arm talent to make a good throw or fit a ball into a tight window. 

They have said he lacks anticipation, stares down receivers, makes atrocious reads or doesnt read at all, misses wide open routes to then checkdown behind the sticks, on 3 and 2 throws low percentage throws instead of running for the 5 yards right in front of him, doesnt understand how to throw a reciever open, doesn't process the game quickly enough at the NFL level, plays with a full load in his diaper, thise kinds if things.... which with 3 years of evidence is hard to argue with.

Throws a pretty ball but is otherwise a functional invalid when it comes to actually playing the position.

Pair him with Paul Hackett's oxygen deprived child and you get something truly magnificent.

chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif.5f6ba4dcac3b2ed067b81fb8ebb6a5ef.gif

I for one am very much enjoying this season.

Creative play calling could get below average but semi usable play out of Zach for a season.... roll him out, move the pocket, have plays with with limited reads and simple concepts..... we dont have that.... we have a bunch of flawed trash and stubborn mules.

Fair enough.  I'd still like to see him on a team that has at least a 2nd competent WR (and ideally 3-4 competent ones).  I realize there are QBs who can "do more with less" but that doesn't mean ZW couldn't succeed in the right situation (e.g. one where he has a nice complement of weapons).

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is there anyone else on the staff with experience calling plays? 

I don't think you necessarily need experience calling plays. I believe it's just one of those things where you've got the type of brain and mental makeup that makes you good at it. I don't really understand why the OC gets to do it. Being good at organizing an O and creating schemes does not necessarily mean you will be good at play calling. If I was a HC, I would have every O coach take turns at practice as the play caller and then make a play caller depth chart of my top 3. If during the season or game I felt #1 wasn't getting it done, I'd bench him and have #2 start calling the plays.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fair enough.  I'd still like to see him on a team that has at least a 2nd competent WR (and ideally 3-4 competent ones).  I realize there are QBs who can "do more with less" but that doesn't mean ZW couldn't succeed in the right situation (e.g. one where he has a nice complement of weapons).

Yes... success is relative and he could "succeed" in the right situation... but we need to define success because that kid being successful is not leading the Jets to a superbowl its manageing a few seasons insdie the top 20 QBs in the league.

I see a poor mans Jameis Winston... put him in an air raid offense and let him sling it without worrying about ints and it could be fun for a few minutes.... trying to make this kid some kind of WCO savant is never going to happen...

If the coaching staff wasnt completely inept they would play to their own strengths and play out of shotgun way more with a 50/50  play action run/pass split from under center.

Once again thats not gonna happen no matter how much we scream it form the rooftops... so just enjoy the flames with me ...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Yes... success is relative and he could "succeed" in the right situation... but we need to define success because that kid being successful is not leading the Jets to a superbowl its manageing a few seasons insdie the top 20 QBs in the league.

I see a poor mans Jameis Winston... put him in an air raid offense and let him sling it without worrying about ints and it could be fun for a few minutes.... trying to make this kid some kind of WCO savant is never going to happen...

If the coaching staff wasnt completely inept they would play to their own strengths and play out of shotgun way more with a 50/50  play action run/pass split from under center.

Once again thats not gonna happen no matter how much we scream it form the rooftops... so just enjoy the flames with me ...

Agreed.  It definitely feels like there's a lack of offensive creativity.  I'm not sure if shotgun is necessarily the way to go but I'd like to see ZW rollout a lot more.  And I wish they would let him throw more.  Then again, our WRs are just so pitiful (other than GW of course) that it's difficult to see how Zach could succeed.  I'd like to see them let him run the ball more.  His legs should be used as much more of a weapon.

Absolutely!  I'm not even sure what makes Jets football enjoyable to me but I get a kick out of it, even when we stink.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not sure if shotgun is necessarily the way to go but I'd like to see ZW rollout a lot more.

Play action rollout is 100% what I'm advocating with my play action comment... I think some up tempo shotgun with air raid concepts and 2 minute drill oitside of 2 minutes would lead to more positive results... than 36 possessions no TDs

• Upvote 2