Zach Wilson EVERY THROW - Week 10 - New York Jets vs LV Raiders Highlights

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I honestly thought Zach played better vs. the Raiders.  He made several good throws.  And there were killer penalties, and killer drops, as has become the norm.

The problem is that even though Zach played better, he still didn't play nearly well enough to retain a starting QB job in my opinion.  Better is good.  Better is not itself acceptable.

Again, Zach HAS shown improvement this season.  But the rate of improvement is so glacially slow, and his personal QB production is so horribly inadequate, especially in the red zone, that I still cannot support his ongoing role as starting QB.

Bottom line. They have to get in the end zone. I have no issues putting Boyle or Siemien in there just to maybe look for a spark but I just don't see that happening.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I honestly thought Zach played better vs. the Raiders.  He made several good throws.  And there were killer penalties, and killer drops, as has become the norm.

The problem is that even though Zach played better, he still didn't play nearly well enough to retain a starting QB job in my opinion.  Better is good.  Better is not itself acceptable.

Again, Zach HAS shown improvement this season.  But the rate of improvement is so glacially slow, and his personal QB production is so horribly inadequate, especially in the red zone, that I still cannot support his ongoing role as starting QB.

Better is a relative term, yes.  If this is what we saw at the start of his rookie year i would be more encouraged, that this is the worst it’s going to be.  But this is unfortunately the best it’s going to be.  

• Upvote 2

I like these comments.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who can see through all of the negativity.  I will say it again.  ZW deserved all of the criticism he got in years 1 and 2.  But this year, I think people are being reflexively negative about him and he doesn't deserve it.  

image.thumb.png.5edabb2000f14e6001430e53632d1f31.png

image.thumb.png.219db656db2b3e603db609f5b87d6326.png

image.thumb.png.9c9804a262e3b5e6e425bb65a6547bc4.png

image.thumb.png.933156375bec2c7338d58ca893be90c5.png

image.png.710573521ab01c57b4e82442dc065806.png

image.png.5d3a6524cf8e4fc4a7fa513e1cb8f3fb.png

image.thumb.png.def642dcd9bc68108eb74548979734c3.png

image.thumb.png.55305e5daaa4c65887300c3cbf4e60e5.png

image.thumb.png.904f03abcca903486934c314aa32a24d.png

image.png.26de5c328b63114c07cc40a779a64627.png

image.thumb.png.600219ed263de2b097faad8e262e73f1.png

image.png.7cfce3dd36a807a7e82faa07f26b8ad4.png

image.png.6f73de41510d990ae52ff822031164ce.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agree.

The team needs to play perfect around him to win with that style of play. If they don’t, they lose to two crappy teams like the Chargers and Raiders.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's not a reflex. He's the worst qb in the league 

What are people watching to say he balled out 

He almost killed Garrett with those hospital passes 

He's missing wide open targets not even seeing them 

The dude is terrible and if you don't believe that I'm sorry you're wrong. 

[Rude comment of mine deleted]

• Haha 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

5 td passes in 9 games.  60% completion % is 31st in the nfl.  30th in QBr.  By any metric Zach Wilson sucks.  I’m not going to placate myself with a throw here or there.  You either score or you don’t.  Watch the chargers, they score.  Herbert attacks the field and they score points.  Their wrs aren’t spectacular.  The qb has confidence and throws downfield.  We celebrate when we get a first down and that’s the difference in mindset.  No more Pyrrhic victories.  

We have 1 WR.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

5 td passes in 9 games.  60% completion % is 31st in the nfl.  30th in QBr.  By any metric Zach Wilson sucks.  I’m not going to placate myself with a throw here or there.  You either score or you don’t.  Watch the chargers, they score.  Herbert attacks the field and they score points.  Their wrs aren’t spectacular.  The qb has confidence and throws downfield.  We celebrate when we get a first down and that’s the difference in mindset.  No more Pyrrhic victories.  

Yeah these videos would have mattered if we we’re looking at his first, second or third game of his career. It’s tedious now. He’s a good athlete, we know this. He should be running a lot more. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

With all the penalties and fumbles and drops, it's become an offense where you have to play pretty much mistake free football. One bad throw and there goes your only chance. Every play has become magnified x100. That's why a ton of guys have been pressing to make a play too.

QBs make dumb throws all the time, miss easy lay ups but they're constantly keeping drives alive in other ways so they get other chances. This offense shoots itself in the foot so often it's impossible to overcome those mistakes.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah these videos would have mattered if we we’re looking at his first, second or third game of his career. It’s tedious now. He’s a good athlete, we know this. He should be running a lot more. 

You can tell right away if a guy has it or not.  It’s been a pleasure watching these jet rookies come in and flash right away the past few years.  Makes it all the more frustrating b/c Izzy did as well but he’s being buried for some reason.  But hey, stroud has it and young doesn’t, you see it immediately.  JD knows Wilson sucks and that’s why they waited for months to get rodgers.  The lingering problem IMO is that woody is insisting they give Wilson one last shot.  So saleh is forced to say he loves him every week and JD hides with woody.  They’ll trade Wilson at some point for something, or nothing, and move on. But this whole pr act is just an act and i doubt anyone in the organization actually believes it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

There's an ignore feature you can use it to hide the truth from your precious delicate eyes 

Maybe if you put me on ignore the Jets will win more games 

I doubt it but you never know 

By the way that interception was classic Zach. Game on the line he chokes. This is your hero 

I apologize for my rude comment.  I've actually enjoyed some of your recent posts.  ZW is not my hero but we certainly disagree on him as a QB. I still see potential.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There's an ignore feature you can use it to hide the truth from your precious delicate eyes 

Maybe if you put me on ignore the Jets will win more games 

I doubt it but you never know 

By the way that interception was classic Zach. Game on the line he chokes. This is your hero 

dont quote this clown - already got him on ignore - now I have to read his BS through your posts ;-)

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, bitonti said:

I don't need apology but I appreciate it 

Apologies should be reserved for really bad things 

Like historically bad events

For example the jets making us watch this offense 

Yes Zach has potential it's his 30th plus start not his 3rd. When's he gonna reach his potential? Year 12? 

We know he’s not reaching it b/c potential at that position is achieved by mastering the mental aspects of the position and he can’t.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Some good, some bad, one or two elite throws, and one backbreaking mistake with the game on the line. Around the wheel we go. Potential is always going to be there but it has to be realized one day

Agreed.  It's there and it has to be realized but it hasn't been so far.  But I see signs that things are turning around every game.  Some of the plays he made against the Raiders were borderline spectacular.  I would hate for the Jets to endure 3 years of ZW's learning curve only for some other team to pick him up on the cheap and watch him blossom for the next decade plus.

And I was as negative on Zach as everyone else was last year, btw.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Another issue is no deep throws.  Chuck it.

Agreed that he rarely throws deep, which is crazy for a guy with his arm strength.  But I still say that goes back to his WRs.  He actually did throw deep once against the Raiders (right down the center of the field) but Malik Taylor was fully blanketed by the DB.  It looks like something changed on YouTube or else I'd make a gif, but I posted a link to the play below (starts at 7:00).

Btw, I still wonder what Mecole could've provided on deep routes but I did hear the rumor that his attitude went south after AR8 got hurt.  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed that he rarely throws deep, which is crazy for a guy with his arm strength.  But I still say that goes back to his WRs.  He actually did throw deep once against the Raiders but Lazard was fully blanketed by the DB.

I still wonder what Mecole could've provided on deep routes but I did hear the rumor that his attitude went south after AR8 got hurt.  

He’s not the guy who should be going deep.  Gipson or wilson

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed that he rarely throws deep, which is crazy for a guy with his arm strength.  But I still say that goes back to his WRs.  He actually did throw deep once against the Raiders but Lazard was fully blanketed by the DB.

I still wonder what Mecole could've provided on deep routes but I did hear the rumor that his attitude went south after AR8 got hurt.  

There's plenty of guys to throw it deep to. Hardman wasn't the only one. He threw it deep to Corey Davis a bunch. He's not exactly a burner. The OL doesn't exactly hold up very long either.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hackett has resorted to giving Zach two looks—safe, shallow passes to the left to draw the LBs and safeties over, then more intermediate stuff up the seam where Zach doesn’t have to turn his head. He can just take the snap, load up, and shoot the ball down the alley. The problem he’s facing is that teams also know that’s where Zach wants to throw it on third and eight and they cut it off and Zach usually goes buck wild and it’s anyone’s guess as to where the ball is going to end up. IMO, it’s why Zach can post a lot of good looking seam routes to the right, but still be non-functional on third down and in the red zone. 

Here are the passing charts from the KC and Raiders game. Same patterns. 

IMG_4606.jpeg

IMG_4607.jpeg

And it’s always Wilson trying to catch a fastball with someone waiting for him.  Maybe a double move and go deep with him? It would be safer for his brain and the ball 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s not the guy who should be going deep.  Gipson or wilson

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

There's plenty of guys to throw it deep to. Hardman wasn't the only one. He threw it deep to Corey Davis a bunch. He's not exactly a burner. The OL doesn't exactly hold up very long either.

It was actually Malik Taylor.  My bad.