My Thought...

SoFlaJets

is that somehow Zach Wilson needs to get hurt, nothing serious, nothing career-ending or life-threatening, maybe he steps off a curb and twists his ankle, maybe his helmet bounces off the turf and he's forced into the tent on a concussion protocol. Maybe he gets on the Covid list and misses 2 games. Two games, that's all I'm asking for TWO. We all get sick, we all get hurt. Hell, I fell and hurt my right shoulder on the stage in August and I still have trouble getting my guitar strap over my head. What I want, is to at least get to SEE if Tim Boyle is really as bad an option as all these people keep saying he is, (people, who I might add, have NEVER seen him play a single down in a regular season game) I want to KNOW that there WAS never any reason to play him or not. On Tim Seimian,  I want to know why and how can a player who has thrown for 42 TDs and only 28 INTs and has a lifetime QBR of 81.1 (compared to Wilsons' 34%)  a player who they TRADED for, can he be left on the practice squad?  Two games without Zach Wilson under center That's all I want right now. TWO!

Look, Injuries happen, every week, every game, nearly every play, I watched whole Jets seasons get destroyed because of Joe Namath season-ending catastrophic knee injuries, I saw 3 Jets QBs go down in one game against the Jaguars in 2005. There was Vinny in 98, Rodgers on September 11th.

Why can't Zach Wilson be like Ryan Gosling in Remember The Titans and tell the coach Yoast that he needs to play Petey, because "he's better than me." Zach Wilson would never do that he is too selfish to care about the Jets team, or his teammates (who like Garrett Wilson are actually crying in the LR after the game), or us, the loyal fan base over his own ego, Wilson doesn't give two $hits about anyone but himself or his family's political agenda that is suspected by many to be tied up in all of this. 

I will be the one guy here who writes on the board what everyone of us who is not some blind Wilson lover wants to see happen BENCH WILSON and if not let him get some kind of malady that will bench him for these next 2 games. Since Saleh, Douglas, and Johnson can't bring themselves to accept the truth that Wilson IS the MAIN PROBLEM, for the lack of scoring. It's ALL ON THE QUARTERBACK-always has been always will be.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 3

11 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

is that somehow Zach Wilson needs to get hurt, nothing serious, nothing career-ending or life-threatening, maybe he steps off a curb and twists his ankle, maybe his helmet bounces off the turf and he's forced into the tent on a concussion protocol. Maybe he gets on the Covid list and misses 2 games. Two games, that's all I'm asking for TWO. We all get sick, we all get hurt. Hell, I fell and hurt my right shoulder on the stage in August and I still have trouble getting my guitar strap over my head. What I want, is to at least get to SEE if Tim Boyle is really as bad an option as all these people keep saying he is, (people, who I might add, have NEVER seen him play a single down in a regular season game) I want to KNOW that there WAS never any reason to play him or not. On Tim Seimian,  I want to know why and how can a player who has thrown for 42 TDs and only 28 INTs and has a lifetime QBR of 81.1 (compared to Wilsons' 34%)  a player who they TRADED for, can he be left on the practice squad?  Two games without Zach Wilson under center That's all I want right now. TWO!

Look, Injuries happen, every week, every game, nearly every play, I watched whole Jets seasons get destroyed because of Joe Namath season-ending catastrophic knee injuries, I saw 3 Jets QBs go down in one game against the Jaguars in 2005. There was Vinny in 98, Rodgers on September 11th.

Why can't Zach Wilson be like Ryan Gosling in Remember The Titans and tell the coach Yoast that he needs to play Petey, because "he's better than me." Zach Wilson would never do that he is too selfish to care about the Jets team, or his teammates (who like Garrett Wilson are actually crying in the LR after the game), or us, the loyal fan base over his own ego, Wilson doesn't give two $hits about anyone but himself or his family's political agenda that is suspected by many to be tied up in all of this. 

I will be the one guy here who writes on the board what everyone of us who is not some blind Wilson lover wants to see happen BENCH WILSON and if not let him get some kind of malady that will bench him for these next 2 games. Since Saleh, Douglas, and Johnson can't bring themselves to accept the truth that Wilson IS the MAIN PROBLEM, for the lack of scoring. It's ALL ON THE QUARTERBACK-always has been always will be.

Great post, thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

My 2 cents is on guys benching themselves for the good of the team it would never occur. Uzmah should have done it long ago as he has been killing many drives with his mistakes costing us TDs. Same with players like RB Carter and WR Lazard(but outside of Cobb who has also been playing badly) no other WR has much experience. On Simien, it feels like they just signed him to the PS to get the media and fans off their back after the atrocious NE loss. And, now from the KC game until now Zack has played bad but not enough according to the coaches to be benched for sake of a spark. Now the issue is at this stage, while Boyle or Simien to more of a degree may provide that spark and even score some TDs, it is likely they have not practiced enough with the starters to be able to have much chance of beating the top AFC East teams we have the next 2 weeks even if they get in there due to a Zack injury. We have no choice but to ride out this chariot that has all of its wheels breaking apart to try and get to the finish line. It is a 2 week season really though since losses to the Bills and Fins sink us completely. Winning one keeps us in it needing a lot of help. Winning both actually gives us a chance at winning the division which at this point may be easier than getting a WC with how good the rest of the AFC teams Pitt, Cleveland, Bengals, Texans, etc. are playing. I was just hoping we could stay in playoff contention for one more month to see if Rogers could come back and try and make a run, but that will not occur without some TDs and wins starting this upcoming weekend.

50 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Dump, lock, ban. Totally unacceptable post.

• Thumb Down 1

Sorry, just being honest here guys-agree or disagree, if wishing for a sprained ankle is bad karma then I'll pay for that sin, I'm not wishing for the guy to get hit by a bus, I want to see him go into the tent on a concussion protocol and miss 2 games so the Jets can play a different QB-it doesn't make me the devil. It makes me exactly who and what I am a frustrated and sick of it Jets fan who has been waiting for 55 years now for another repeat of what I watched happen in January of 1969.

• Post of the Week 1

It's definitely true that the Jets won't be benching Zach unless he gets hurt.  SoFla was just taking it to the next logical step.  Reminds me of this quote from The Birdcage:

Val : I assure you, Mother is just following a train of thought to a logical, yet absurd conclusion... much in the same way Jonathan Swift did when he suggested the Irish feed their babies to the rich.

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

is that somehow Zach Wilson needs to get hurt, nothing serious, nothing career-ending or life-threatening, maybe he steps off a curb and twists his ankle, maybe his helmet bounces off the turf and he's forced into the tent on a concussion protocol

So here we are.  Rooting for injuries and concussions to our own players?

And we wonder why the football gods took away Aaron Rodgers 4 plays into the season.

I love this fanbase.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, faba said:

Never root for someone to get hurt -this is only a game not important in scheme of life

Who says? Every player gets hurt, I'm not wishing for some tragedy to befall anyone, and my wishing that Wilson gets an illness or a twisted ankle does not make me an evil person. I never killed.a bird or hunted a deer in my life, I never hit my kids or kicked a dog I have been an honest man who has raised a family and created a business and have run it honestly with no help from anyone .

All I know is I can not watch the last sport that I still care about because of this QB playing for the Jets. I actually felt pain in my chest during that Giants game. I just turned 68 a month ago and it would really be $hitty way to go watching the Jets. So let me weigh the options if I had my wish: the Jets continue the way they are going now (and they have made that decision) meaning that SoFla can not bear watching at the fear of having a stress related health emergency or Zach Wilson gets injured for 2 games and I CAN watch. Screw Zach Wilson, let him fly home with his girlfriend on a private jet and visit his mommy in Utah. I WANNA WATCH FOOTBALL ON SUNDAY!!!. As far as Jets karma goes or my personal karma goes these are bills that will be paid and are between me and my God. As far the team's karma-please-give me a break 4 plays in and we lose our season? Screw it. I hope Wilson misses two games.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So here we are.  Rooting for injuries and concussions to our own players?

And we wonder why the football gods took away Aaron Rodgers 4 plays into the season.

I love this fanbase.

Yes, that is EXACTLY where I am, judge me if you want. What do you do in your life?

• Upvote 1