Izzy szn?

AFJF

I liked Carter a lot but he is a RB2, not a 3rd down back.  Decent backup if you are in a 70 /30 split. But giving him the 3rd down job wasn't proving effective.

Completely agree!!! Not only that, tho, he “appeared” to be a Team First good locker room presence - appeared to be.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I liked Carter a lot but he is a RB2, not a 3rd down back.  Decent backup if you are in a 70 /30 split. But giving him the 3rd down job wasn't proving effective.

I don’t even think he’s that.

He showed some flashes his rookie year but has been hot garbage ever since.

I’m not even exaggerating when I say every time I’ve noticed him on the field this season he’s either dropping a pass or getting embarrassed in pass protection.

He’s a guy who can latch on to a roster somewhere and be 3rd/4th in the RB rotation.

Standard fare for a 4th round pick and those guys are a dime a dozen.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Probably means more Cook. 

Doesn't really matter. I think the RB use has been odd.  I get that Hall deserves the most touches, but Cook complained about not being able to get in a groove.  That screams to give him a drive here and there rather than a touch and pull him.  Carter getting all the 3rd down work when Hall's receptions have been some of our biggest plays seems counterproductive and Cook can catch too, so what was the point?  Meanwhile, Abanikanda has the kind of speed that can break open a long one, so why is Carter getting the reps?  He seemed to be sucking for the past 22 months or so.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Completely agree!!! Not only that, tho, he “appeared” to be a Team First good locker room presence - appeared to be.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Wasn’t he the one yelling at his RB coach on the sideline that Rodgers was referring to when he said don’t point fingers?. Those are situations that get you cut.

• Sympathy 2

I think this is more about getting Dalvin Cook more involved on early downs and Breece staying in on 3rd downs. Breece is our best pass catching RB. Izzy will hopefully see some change of pace reps, but Dalvin looked good, with the few carries he has had over the past few weeks. Michael Carter was good at nothing. 

It should be a steady combo of Breece and Cook. But mostly Breece. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was Saleh asked about this?  Is it confirmed that Izzy is finally going to get activated?  And can Brownlee be given a shot too?

It's not been confirmed, but there isn't any other reasonable explanation as to why they released an RB out of the blue unless it was to activate another one or bring in a different FA.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was Saleh asked about this?  Is it confirmed that Izzy is finally going to get activated?  And can Brownlee be given a shot too?

Unless they plan on going with 2 RB's on game day you have to figure Izzy will be active.

Now we have to hope Hackett gives him some carries instead of expanding Nick Bawden's role.

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:32 PM, jetsfan4life72 said:

Why the thread? Was it announced he’s playing?

NVM saw Carter was released. 

Carter Super Power was his ability to wiggle.

It's a mistake trying to turn these small guys into finishers.

One shorty who can and maintain his lateral agility and finish, is Bucky Irving

I would draft him and his QB Mr. Izzy Smoke and his coach Dan Lanning,

replacing out of whack Zach and Saleh

• Post of the Week 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:19 PM, Maxman said:

our best third down rb is breece hall. breece shouldn't be coming off the field except if he really needs a rest. its ridiculous how often they pull him off the field

On 11/14/2023 at 6:31 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Doesn't really matter. I think the RB use has been odd.  I get that Hall deserves the most touches, but Cook complained about not being able to get in a groove.  That screams to give him a drive here and there rather than a touch and pull him.  Carter getting all the 3rd down work when Hall's receptions have been some of our biggest plays seems counterproductive and Cook can catch too, so what was the point?  Meanwhile, Abanikanda has the kind of speed that can break open a long one, so why is Carter getting the reps?  He seemed to be sucking for the past 22 months or so.  

This, all day.

• Upvote 1