The proverbial team meeting

Bugg

Just now, JiF said:

There has to be more, how can you punish a guy who barely plays for his lack of production but let everyone else off the hook?  Even the 2 best players on the offense contribute to it's ineptitude.  Love G.Wilson but he's fumbled and dropped multiple passes in the past few weeks, think he was called for a holding too.  Hall is basically a wasted down if he doesnt have a fluke breakaway play but Carter gets out right cut for not taking advantage of his limited snaps, not benched, not deactivated...cut!  Has to be more.

You're talking about Mosley, right? I figured you were.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, peebag said:

Bills 38

Jets 9

It won’t be that high. My guess is they will stay in high teens. The new OC will tell Allen “ you can throw 6 Ints and still beat the jets, just don’t throw them in your own territory. 

If Allen is on target we are toast. D can play lights out and just mess up 1 series and it’s likely over. Giving more than 1 TD is going to be a problem.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

There has to be more, how can you punish a guy who barely plays for his lack of production but let everyone else off the hook?  Even the 2 best players on the offense contribute to it's ineptitude.  Love G.Wilson but he's fumbled and dropped multiple passes in the past few weeks, think he was called for a holding too and the ugliest throw in the history of Football on a walk in TD.  Hall is basically a wasted down if he doesnt have a fluke breakaway play but Carter gets out right cut for not taking advantage of his limited snaps, not benched, not deactivated...cut!  Has to be more.

The more might actually be that it is less.  It might not be to send a message.  It might just be because that is a position that is solid and he is not that good.  They need roster space.  There are a couple of guys that they have been bringing up and playing from the practice squad and I think you can only do that 3 times before they have to be rostered.  That means starting G Xavier Newman among others.  I am happy enough rolling with Mitchell and Becton, but if they want to add Brown as the next T up, they will have to they have add him to the roster.  Or maybe everyone's wish is being granted and Siemian is being added.

Has there been a corresponding roster move?  They cut Smart when they claimed Deculus.  Strange thing to me is that they kept Billy Turner on the active roster, but I thought he had some form or surgery on his hand and he sucks.  Seems like they can do a few weeks without him, but I guess versatility trumps skill around here lately.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It won’t be that high. My guess is they will stay in high teens. The new OC will tell Allen “ you can throw 6 Ints and still beat the jets, just don’t throw them in your own territory. 

If Allen is on target we are toast. D can play lights out and just mess up 1 series and it’s likely over. Giving more than 1 TD is going to be a problem.

Also, based on the second half of the Bills/Broncos game the other night, I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo is run heavy against us.  We have a great pass rush and elite coverage, but I'm not sure I can say the same about our run defense.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The more might actually be that it is less.  It might not be to send a message.  It might just be because that is a position that is solid and he is not that good.  They need roster space.  There are a couple of guys that they have been bringing up and playing from the practice squad and I think you can only do that 3 times before they have to be rostered.  That means starting G Xavier Newman among others.  I am happy enough rolling with Mitchell and Becton, but if they want to add Brown as the next T up, they will have to they have add him to the roster.  Or maybe everyone's wish is being granted and Siemian is being added.

Has there been a corresponding roster move?  They cut Smart when they claimed Deculus.  Strange thing to me is that they kept Billy Turner on the active roster, but I thought he had some form or surgery on his hand and he sucks.  Seems like they can do a few weeks without him, but I guess versatility trumps skill around here lately.

All good points

@jetsrule128 has there been a corresponding move? 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

All good points

@jetsrule128 has there been a corresponding move? 

This is all true but the optic comes right after MC chop blocked a guy and a first down was called back.  Saleh was livid on the sidelines after this play.  It’s not as if carter was contributing all along, they dressed this guy every week ahead of a rookie rb with speed that could have helped this offense.  

I think like the bills, the jets needed to do something to show the team they mean business and if it came as a result even indirectly from a players only meeting then carter was essentially voted off the island.  Cook is actually playing better and the rook can handle the rest.   If carter’s only real value was that he was considered a good blocker then that one play showed why he’s completely expendable.  

• Upvote 1

Team only meetings are bad because it shows that the players and coaches are not on the same page. However, they can also often become a positive because they are also not secret either. Usually the Captains will go back to the coaches and fill them in on the thoughts and conclusions of the meetings. Usually the coaches will take the feedback to heart and make changes. Carter being released may be part of that but from Saleh's comments it seems like maybe that was already planned.  Our coaching staff is one of the most stubborn in football. We will see if this leads to actual changes on the field. That said you would hope part of the conversation amongst the players was that they have to be better and more disciplined.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Team only meetings are bad because it shows that the players and coaches are not on the same page. However, they can also often become a positive because they are also not secret either. Usually the Captains will go back to the coaches and fill them in on the thoughts and conclusions of the meetings. Usually the coaches will take the feedback to heart and make changes. Carter being released may be part of that but from Saleh's comments it seems like maybe that was already planned.  Our coaching staff is one of the most stubborn in football. We will see if this leads to actual changes on the field. That said you would hope part of the conversation amongst the players was that they have to be better and more disciplined.

Is it time to fire Bob Lemon and go back to Billy Martin? 

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bench Zach Wilson?!  Oooh, what a "hot take"!  Meanwhile, when you watch every throw against the Raiders, it's pretty easy to see Zach played well and it was his teammates who let him down.

I like these comments:

image.png.1455a6e966b22d2b2db5b152408ecc5b.png

image.png.c482df82577d74162fa8367f18ed2e2a.png

image.png.4b432956778e08d05842a32483797265.png

image.png.f0e0ef8d61d106f9185a02e8de5bb7ab.png

image.png.c8eedb424b17b9797a5107a04cbe6478.png

image.thumb.png.0aae5c40175fb569bee3d643a7fd628c.png

image.png.9748b5024fd41ce061151f5fed7c80d2.png

image.png.bf23ce5a0cee283c56d2ae796dc5b4d8.png

image.png.de0c53a573dda5a368e46d6c6436ba0b.png

My theory is the reason they aren't benching Zach Wilson is because of how the season went after they did that last year. Didn't win a game after that. He needs to be replaced for sure, but shame on JD for not bringing anybody in. It's quite the pickle they've got themselves in.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Hex said:

My theory is the reason they aren't benching Zach Wilson is because of how the season went after they did that last year. Didn't win a game after that. He needs to be replaced for sure, but shame on JD for not bringing anybody in. It's quite the pickle they've got themselves in.

But they did win a game.  They beat the Bears by 20.  Should have beaten the Vikings and then Mike White got sawed in half against the Bills.  My theory is that Tim Boyle is no Mike White.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

But they did win a game.  They beat the Bears by 20.  Should have beaten the Vikings and then Mike White got sawed in half against the Bills.  My theory is that Tim Boyle is no Mike White.  

Forgot about that Bears game. Yea, you're probably right.