Quincy Williams and CJ Mosley

AFJF

37 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Some insane stats on these two. 

-Currently combined to log 85 stops per PFF.  Basically tackles that stop a play at or around the LOS or short of gaining a first down.

-Quincy is no. 1 in the NFL with 48 and Mosley is fifth in the NFL with 37.

-Both over 90 on coverage grades as well with QW coming in at 90.5 and CJ at 90.4.

CJ is easily playing his best football since arriving.  Somehow found the fountain of youth this offseason. 

Maybe worried about not getting paid next year lit a fire under him?

Both very good, very complementary players. PFF I can take or leave, but in this case correct.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

CJ Mosley makes a lot of good plays. You all simply latch onto when he gets burned in coverage. Most LBs get burned in coverage. He really doesn’t belong in the list if things to complain about.

He gets burned worse than most.  dADOT of just 2.9 yards and yet he’s allowing 7.4 yards per target.  Pretty terrible.

• Thumb Down 3
  • More Ugh 1

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

-Currently combined to log 85 stops per PFF.  Basically tackles that stop a play at or around the LOS or short of gaining a first down.

-Both over 90 on coverage grades as well with QW coming in at 90.5 and CJ at 90.4.

CJ is easily playing his best football since arriving.  Somehow found the fountain of youth this offseason. 

And yet they are 31st against the run. Maybe, just maybe play 7 in the box besides 6.

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He gets burned worse than most.  dADOT of just 2.9 yards and yet he’s allowing 7.4 yards per target.  Pretty terrible.

Please take note:

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

CJ Mosley makes a lot of good plays. You all simply latch onto when he gets burned in coverage. Most LBs get burned in coverage. He really doesn’t belong in the list if things to complain about.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not defending that. I'm just saying, aside from in-coverage he's fine. This year, they've managed to hide him better. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That is just not his game any more. His initial burst is not what it used to be, like all of us.

i was the one of the largest critics of Mosley here last year, but he has stepped up. And, when you see defensive huddles pre-game and on the sidelines, he is the one exhorting his teammates. I think he has their ear and is a big part of leadership of that unit.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

CJ found nothing. He's simply doing it to spite @Sperm Edwards

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

CJ found nothing. He's simply doing it to spite @Sperm Edwards

Here's what I think is happening.

He's been making a financial investment to get the Jets to let him play out yet another year without a pay cut. So he's taken some of his earnings from this year to bribe a few of the grunts at PFF (who've been outed as not actually watching over & over, and just making up figures).

So in the end, say it cost him $500K or even a million dollar bribe in the end this year so he gets paid $17MM in 2024 instead of $8MM. 

This is the most likely scenario imo. Pretty obvious, when you think about it. 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Here's what I think is happening.

He's been making a financial investment to get the Jets to let him play out yet another year without a pay cut. So he's taken some of his earnings from this year to bribe a few of the grunts at PFF (who've been outed as not actually watching over & over, and just making up figures).

So in the end, say it cost him $500K or even a million dollar bribe in the end this year so he gets paid $17MM in 2024 instead of $8MM. 

This is the most likely scenario imo. Pretty obvious, when you think about it. 

OMG, I F-ing knew it!!

• Upvote 1