It’s Saleh. He’s Holding the Bloody Knife

Ulrich

31 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Great coaches know both sides of the ball.  Look at parcells.  He took away play calling from Weiss and henning and did it himself.  Shula, who had one of those real ground and pound teams with the 72-73doltfins completely revamped the offense when Marino became qb.  Bill walsh had an excellent defense in San Fran.

your talking about legendary coaches. im not sure if that happens today. 

we know Saleh called the plays in SF. plus im sure he knows offense, he plans against beating them every week. its just i think the HCs concentrate on there side of the ball way more then the other.

see that statement always gets me. how a HC only knows one side. 

even the players who you hear on TV and radio know both sides. you can hear it when they talk. 

im sure Saleh knows when he sees another defense in cover 2 how to beat that on offense. 

i mean if you spent half your life studying on how to beat an offense, you must know that side too. its just they designate those jobs to guys who are on that side of the football.

44 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Not at all like Rex.  Rex took teams to back to back AFC finals with less defensive talent and a higher ranked D and a great OL and running game a combination of trades, good FA's and draft picks.    Rex Ryan's Jets had a 4 and 2 playoff record.  

That's with a bust 1st round QB. 

what i meant by that were the similarities in having a really good defense but having a sh*tty QB. Rex went thru 3 OCs to try and fix his crappy #1 pick. we are on OC #2 trying to fix Zach. if it wasnt for Rodgers Hackett might already be fired and OC #3 would be here.

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

For his shell of a team due to his corpse of an offense. Joe D is his co-conspirator and is accountable. Buck stops at his desk. He hired Saleh so his ass is on the line.

But it’s Saleh’s defensive background which has short-circuited and permeated the franchise.

Most visibly in roster construction. Instead of an offensive-minded head coach getting his binkie skill players - we have Saleh’s binkie “we come at you in waves” d-line. At the expense of critical positions like o-line and WRs.

How’s that approach worked out for him?

His team has been one of the NFL’s worst the past 3 seasons. A defensively one-sided s—t show of a team.

I won’t even mention his ghastly OC hires.

Had Joe D been wiser he’d of hired, let’s say, an offensive version of Saleh (since he clearly liked his demeanor). A promising leader of men who’d construct a kick-ass offense. Keeping his fingers crossed his hire would add a capable DC.

But he went with Saleh whose presence has been kryptonite to assembling even a serviceable offense.

If I had two HC attributes that I think are critical it would be:

1. Not locked into any system and willing to adapt and change the offense and defense to fit the players. My preference but not locked in stone would be to avoid the Shanahan offense as a base. Not a fan of it at all

2. HC does not need to be an offensive guy but the team needs to be aggressive on offense and balanced between run and pass

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is a Rex Ryan that runs stairs and does not win.

No, he is Herman Edwards circa 2005, you remember the guy who was just waiting to leave so he could go over and coach KC? That was the year (like this one) when we lost both QB's  in the 3rd game of the season vs the Jaguars. (9/25/05) and ended up with Brooks Bollinger who was a lot like Zach -move the ball between the 20's and not be able to score. Then Like when Herm decided the season was going to be "all about getting Curtis his 1000 yards" which told the defenses that all they had to do was key on Martin and they'd win. Saleh reminded me so much of him with his declaration about being the first team to 20. Talk about high aspirations

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

No, he is Herman Edwards circa 2005, you remember the guy who was just waiting to leave so he could go over and coach KC? That was the year (like this one) when we lost both QB's  in the 3rd game of the season vs the Jaguars. (9/25/05) and ended up with Brooks Bollinger who was a lot like Zach -move the ball between the 20's and not be able to score. Then Like when Herm decided the season was going to be "all about getting Curtis his 1000 yards" which told the defenses that all they had to do was key on Martin and they'd win. Saleh reminded me so much of him with his declaration about being the first team to 20. Talk about high aspirations

Herm made the playoffs in 3 out of his 5 years.   For Saleh?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Saleh and Rex are and were perfect coaches if you had an elite QB on the roster that didn’t need developing. 

Neither can build an offense or develop a QB. It’s not in their DNA….the whole methodology of their teams is to be safe on offense and let the D win it.

It’s outdated and archaic. But, guess what? We have this dude Aaron Rodgers who should be 100% and play a couple of more seasons. If JD can significantly upgrade the OL and add a #2 WR then we really got something.

You get a good (not even great) QB on this team, with our D playing with a lead (something they never do) and watch wins pile up.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ulrich said:

For his shell of a team due to his corpse of an offense. Joe D is his co-conspirator and is accountable. Buck stops at his desk. He hired Saleh so his ass is on the line.

But it’s Saleh’s defensive background which has short-circuited and permeated the franchise.

Most visibly in roster construction. Instead of an offensive-minded head coach getting his binkie skill players - we have Saleh’s binkie “we come at you in waves” d-line. At the expense of critical positions like o-line and WRs.

How’s that approach worked out for him?

His team has been one of the NFL’s worst the past 3 seasons. A defensively one-sided s—t show of a team.

I won’t even mention his ghastly OC hires.

Had Joe D been wiser he’d of hired, let’s say, an offensive version of Saleh (since he clearly liked his demeanor). A promising leader of men who’d construct a kick-ass offense. Keeping his fingers crossed his hire would add a capable DC.

But he went with Saleh whose presence has been kryptonite to assembling even a serviceable offense.

Any offensive minded coach woud love to be the OC for the Jets, everyone sees the amazing Def. If hacket somehow survives the season, and gets canned next year, we will have no problem attracting candidates.

Saleh is an absolute fraud. Talks a good game though. 15-28 over a 2.5 year span. Looked like a deer in headlights while the team lost their last 6 games last year and the same sh*t is happening this year as they head towards another non playoff year.  He keeps telling us that ZW is the guy and he is doing just fine in every presser while his team hasn't scored a TD in 36 straight drives.  His team often looks unprepared and undisciplined. Why does this guy get so much rope? He is the HC isn't he? Fire Douglas. Fire Saleh. Fire Hackett. End the madness. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Saleh and Rex are and were perfect coaches if you had an elite QB on the roster that didn’t need developing. 

Neither can build an offense or develop a QB. It’s not in their DNA….the whole methodology of their teams is to be safe on offense and let the D win it.

It’s outdated and archaic. But, guess what? We have this dude Aaron Rodgers who should be 100% and play a couple of more seasons. If JD can significantly upgrade the OL and add a #2 WR then we really got something.

You get a good (not even great) QB on this team, with our D playing with a lead (something they never do) and watch wins pile up.

Having an elite QB isn't a guarantee for success with their systems. They need a QB who is capable of running an offense slowly, controlling the clock and putting points on the board despite taking away tools that would help the offense make big plays or throw off a defense. There's never a plan for how to shift the offense when the defense fails and the team needs to put a lot of points on the board. Really the only kind of QB who can succeed in that is somebody like Rodgers who is extremely accurate, doesn't have to win deep passes to score and has the power to disregard Saleh. 

13 hours ago, doitny said:

your talking about legendary coaches. im not sure if that happens today. 

we know Saleh called the plays in SF. plus im sure he knows offense, he plans against beating them every week. its just i think the HCs concentrate on there side of the ball way more then the other.

see that statement always gets me. how a HC only knows one side. 

even the players who you hear on TV and radio know both sides. you can hear it when they talk. 

im sure Saleh knows when he sees another defense in cover 2 how to beat that on offense. 

i mean if you spent half your life studying on how to beat an offense, you must know that side too. its just they designate those jobs to guys who are on that side of the football.

And that’s my point.  Does saleh input anything into the offense game plan?  Does he know how to beat cover two, one, wide nine, etc?  The general consensus appears to be Hackett play calling is bad. Does saleh question the line plunges?  Remember it took Rex about three seasons before he took an interest in the offense and sat in on meetings.  I certainly hope saleh is doing this but who knows.

It’s also why I don’t care if the head coach is from the defensive or offensive side.  They should know both.

Mike Shanahan is doing a pretty good job with the niners.  I think delete Pete Carrol ranks right up with the legendary guys as do John Harbaugh, Tomlin, and Reid.