Robert CEO Saleh's 11-15-23 PC

Bronx

Summary

Mike Carter let go because they were elevating Izzy. Didn't want to be "selfish" and bench Carter rather than allowing him to an opportunity to play this year. Pretty sure he gets claimed today.

They all love him and will miss him, but best thing for him was to give him an opportunity to play

When asked about Carl Lawson being in a similar situation, Saleh replied that Carls situation is different and he has a place on the team. listed some reasons related to high injury rate of lines.

Izzy: he'll be big in special teams. He'll get some touches eventually. He's big, fast, and has fresh legs - "which is a thing." They're "excited."

Asked about players only meeting, he downplayed it and said that the "players should always be communicating." And "the best coached teams are the teams that coach themselves and hold each other accountable."

They already meet where they watch tape together without coaches at the beginning of the week - and that this a common practice in the league.

More Ruckert - he's been playing well and Conklin has a good season thus far. Didn't defend cj around media criticism.

If Aaron gets cleared and wants to play, he's playing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Jerichoholic said:

Summary

Mike Carter let go because they were elevating Izzy. Didn't want to be "selfish" and bench Carter rather than allowing him to an opportunity to play this year. Pretty sure he gets claimed today.

They all love him and will miss him, but best thing for him was to give him an opportunity to play

When asked about Carl Lawson being in a similar situation, Saleh replied that Carls situation is different and he has a place on the team. listed some reasons related to high injury rate of lines.

Izzy: he'll be big in special teams. He'll get some touches eventually. He's big, fast, and has fresh legs - "which is a thing." They're "excited."

Asked about players only meeting, he downplayed it and said that the "players should always be communicating." And "the best coached teams are the teams that coach themselves and hold each other accountable."

They already meet where they watch tape together without coaches at the beginning of the week - and that this a common practice in the league.

More Ruckert - he's been playing well and Conklin has a good season thus far. Didn't defend cj around media criticism.

If Aaron gets cleared and wants to play, he's playing.

More Izzy, no more Carter is a potential ✔️

More Ruckert, less Uzomah is almost a definite ✔️

Baby steps, but positives in my opinion.

The answer on Lawson seems like a bit of BS.  I don't know.  The entire goal of drafting Izzy was to give the Jets optionality on letting Carter go (I thought after this season but it happened now).  The entire goal of drafting Will McDonald was to give the Jets optionality on Lawson (and potentially losing Huff in FA after this year), but they're not doing that despite having no fewer than 5 guys who can line up at DE (JJ, Huff, JFM, Clemons, McDonald, etc.).

Back to the offense - Putting the OC and QB discussion aside for a moment, the most glaring needs on this O in my opinion are consistency with the OL and a trustworthy WR2.   Glad to see Gipson getting some more reps.  The Jets can't be afraid to give more snaps to him at the expense of Lazard, the same way they seem to be doing with Izzy over MC and Ruckert over Uzomah.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

More Izzy, no more Carter is a potential ✔️

More Ruckert, less Uzomah is almost a definite ✔️

Baby steps, but positives in my opinion.

The answer on Lawson seems like a bit of BS.  I don't know.  The entire goal of drafting Izzy was to give the Jets optionality on letting Carter go (I thought after this season but it happened now).  The entire goal of drafting Will McDonald was to give the Jets optionality on Lawson (and potentially losing Huff in FA after this year), but they're not doing that despite having no fewer than 5 guys who can line up at DE (JJ, Huff, JFM, Clemons, McDonald, etc.).

Back to the offense - Putting the OC and QB discussion aside for a moment, the most glaring needs on this O in my opinion are consistency with the OL and a trustworthy WR2.   Glad to see Gipson getting some more reps.  The Jets can't be afraid to give more snaps to him at the expense of Lazard, the same way they seem to be doing with Izzy over MC and Ruckert over Uzomah.  

It looked like the oline found a decent combo with Newman and max on the right side and tipp at center. They at least held up pretty well in pass protection.  Now all they need is some good run blocking.

Good to see Izzy finally getting on the field.  Maybe they need to run more two back sets with Bawden and any one of the other backs.

• Upvote 2

Amen. On Macafee yesterday, Aaron talked about the bills style of play and compared it to his first couple years when he was more mobile but less experienced. 2 reads and then scramble drill. Listed all the players he had who could run that well and how important that was.

We've seen a little success at this from Conklin, but who else? Who else will make themselves available and go get the ball? Zack needs a "big security blanket" if he's ever going to have a chance to run any kind of efficient offense.

Gotta have players who can get open when the play breaks down.

• Upvote 1