“Unfortunate” News for Mrs. GOB This Sunday

2 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

The Jets - Bills game will in fact be on television here in Detroit and like @Maxman I am incapable of turning away. I will be watching, yelling at the TV, and repeatedly dropping excited utterances featuring literally every form of the “F” word that the English language allows. 

For a small fee, I will live-stream my roller coaster meltdowns throughout the game and donate the proceeds to the charity of @Maxman’s choosing,. 

Are the Jets getting Nantz and Romo for this?

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

It's kinda crazy how otherwise healthy humans will voluntarily put our mental health in the hands of an event that is so sketchy and the outcome so random.

But here we are, hanging on every pass play like our very lives depends on it....ready to celebrate wildly or dive into a whole week of utter depression.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

It's kinda crazy how otherwise healthy humans will voluntarily put our mental health in the hands of an event that is so sketchy and the outcome so random.

But here we are, hanging on every pass play like our very lives depends on it....ready to celebrate wildly or dive into a whole week of utter depression.

I have started to question my own sanity

• Haha 3

I have mastered the art of emotionally detaching myself from a Jets season while still managing to watch the games.

It's actually not difficult to do at this point.

This year's moment occurred for me in the 3rd quarter of the Raider game. It was then I realized the Jets are never going to score a meaningful offensive TD - and there is nothing I can do to change it.

Godspeed.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

The Jets - Bills game will in fact be on television here in Detroit and like @Maxman I am incapable of turning away. I will be watching, yelling at the TV, and repeatedly dropping excited utterances featuring literally every form of the “F” word that the English language allows. 

For a small fee, I will live-stream my roller coaster meltdowns throughout the game and donate the proceeds to the charity of @Maxman’s choosing,. 

7 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Go Only Fans or get out.  

image.jpeg.4cf8fc97bb1e7f3c9537ad16b6491dec.jpeg

• Upvote 1

My poor wife didn’t even watch football until we met and now she gets more upset than I do.  

she storms out of the living room and goes upstairs muttering profanity. 

10 minutes later after a big play I hear her stomp her foot or yell lol. 

I’m no better, but I watch the game cast on espn instead of the tv 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, billo83 said:

That's a weekly occurrence for me. So bad, that I scared the s**t of several past girlfriends who would no longer watch a game with me. Never thought of selling a stream for it, lol. It would be highly entertaining for the strong hearted.. 

Heck, bringing that up reminds me my 1st fiancé was a friggen NE fan. Thank god we split up before the Brady era started. Then I turned my current wife into a Jet fan, so I ruined her life.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I just go in another room and shut the door. But at certain points of the game it doesn't matter.

7 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Has she dyed her hair Jets green...and started therapy? 

No, but the losses and media comments bother her more than they do me. I still get sick from the losses but am used to this since I have been a Jet fan all my life and I am pushing 60. I was 4 when they won the SB so was too young to see it. So, while I have considered we have had our moments, I am more used to the disappointment than my wife is.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, billo83 said:

That's a weekly occurrence for me. So bad, that I scared the s**t of several past girlfriends who would no longer watch a game with me. Never thought of selling a stream for it, lol. It would be highly entertaining for the strong hearted.. 

If you go to youtube and type in "New York Jokes"...it's just a father and son who watch the Jets games and scream at the tv...they have almost 10k subscribers....so there is a market for it...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

I just go in another room and shut the door. But at certain points of the game it doesn't matter.

Same here. I watch the game by myself. I've evolved to verbal expletive-ridden assaults of key players and coaches towards the TV and no longer need throwable items within reach. #Progress