Rumor: Ryan Tannehill asks to be released

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t think the Jets should be tanking.  I think they should be learning to win.  We already did bad tanking.  We have too many good players who will be damaged if we tank.  We should pick up a released Qb better than who we have 

But … that might upset Aaron! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im sure he would come here above anywhere else, he must know that any QB including him, not named ZW would have this offense elite

Even with an average offense....scratch that....even with a below average offense...scratch that....even with a non-historically bad offense this team is 6-3, or 7-2.

If this Tanny situation is real we need to jump on it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Falcons

👆

That said, the reality is there are a record number of late-pick rookies and 2nd/3rd stringers starting games. I’d also want to break free and shop my services and experience around.

Trade deadline should be pushed back. It’s kinda stupid to have a deadline at all in the regular season.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Even with an average offense....scratch that....even with a below average offense...scratch that....even with a non-historically bad offense this team is 6-3, or 7-2.

If this Tanny situation is real we need to jump on it.

I think you are understating how bad ZW is, we would be 11-0 right now with a pop warner level QB

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

👆

That said, the reality is there are a record number of late-pick rookies and 2nd/3rd stringers starting games. I’d also want to break free and shop my services and experience around.

Trade deadline should be pushed back. It’s kinda stupid to have a deadline at all in the regular season.

At the very least, make it like a supplemental draft. Open up a 48-hour window in which teams can make last-chance deals. Let contenders load up for the playoffs so they’re not toppled by late injuries. Let bad teams get out of some fat contracts while reaping pick comp from those desperate contenders. It’s all win win. If the players union bitches about it, work something out where the acquiring team has to bonus the player as a condition of the trade. Take it a step further—the acquiring team gets a cap exemption for 50% of the player‘s deal. 

• Upvote 4