The Jets/Jets Fans Are Being Held Hostage By Aaron Rodgers

BroadwayRay

Eh, idk, we could be in the same basic position and NOT have a future HOF QB waiting in the wings. 

it really comes down to whether or not Rosgers is shot next year, and if he’s not, how long he intends to play. 

the way I look at it is, if he’s shot, Douglas and Saleh will be gone and we get a fresh start. If he’s not, we have a fun season or two like we do every decade or so. 

basically, we are right where we’ve always been - we’re the Jets. 

20 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Have the Jets ever been in a darker place than they are right now? I don't think so.

As compared to when Rex held us hostage for 4 years after leveraging middling success into the compete decimation of the organizations talent pool and culture? Setting in the course we’ve been in since?

Or when Pennington’s arm held us hostage from joy?

Or when the Hackenbeg selection held us hostage from taking a QB?

Or… we’ll, you get the point.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, idk, we could be in the same basic position and NOT have a future HOF QB waiting in the wings. 

it really comes down to whether or not Rosgers is shot next year, and if he’s not, how long he intends to play. 

the way I look at it is, if he’s shot, Douglas and Saleh will be gone and we get a fresh start. If he’s not, we have a fun season or two like we do every decade or so. 

I'm not as concerned about whether or not Rodgers is going to be here, and be here as an effective QB. That was my concern from the very beginning when the Rodgers hoopla first began.

What's burning me up is we have a GM and HC who are willfully not doing their jobs.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I'm not as concerned about whether or not Rodgers is going to be here, and be here as an effective QB. That was my concern from the very beginning when the Rodgers hoopla first began.

What's burning me up is we have a GM and HC who are willfully not doing their jobs.

I hear ya, but I don’t agree with the “willfully” part. 

I think Saleh is delusionally positive about everything and Douglas was mesmerized by that when he hired him. Douglas and Saleh are loyal to a fault, more than anything else. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I hear ya, but I don’t agree with the “willfully” part. 

I think Saleh is delusionally positive about everything and Douglas was mesmerized by that when he hired him. Douglas and Saleh are loyal to a fault, more than anything else. 

I guess we're dealing with Stockholm Syndrome then. 😔

It sucks now, but the Jets will go into next season with Rodgers, Davante Adams, a tackle they draft at 12, and they’ll be in the top five favorites to win the Super Bowl. They better ensure they have a viable backup QB next year, however 

I don’t think they will. Unless it was a money game.

The next 2 seasons will be the best and most entertaining we've seen in 15 years and it's not close.  Even with Rodgers injury there is nothing I would have rather done at QB last offseason. 

Now if JD doesn't sign a real backup, rid the team of Zip, and draft a QB, he will lose me pretty fast.  What more evidence could they possibly need. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It sucks now, but the Jets will go into next season with Rodgers, Davante Adams, a tackle they draft at 12, and they’ll be in the top five favorites to win the Super Bowl. They better ensure they have a viable backup QB next year, however 

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

The next 2 seasons will be the best and most entertaining we've seen in 15 years and it's not close.  Even with Rodgers injury there is nothing I would have rather done at QB last offseason. 

Now if JD doesn't sign a real backup, rid the team of Zip, and draft a QB, he will lose me pretty fast.  What more evidence could they possibly need. 

T0mShane and Pac agreeing!? Unrest in the middle east?!? Surely this is the end times

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach just needs more time, he’s trying his hardest.  
couldn’t resist lol. 

I really feel like if they can keep the band together they can make a run next year 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not ascribing any malicious intent on Rodgers' part. The hostage situation is actually creation of Joe Douglas and, to a lesser extent, his sidekick Robert Saleh. Yeah, Woody Johnson is in the mix, but he's a constant we can't do anything about.

But the facts can't be denied. While other teams are taking steps to rectify their deficiencies at the midway point of the season, the Jets are sitting tight with one of the historically worst offenses in modern day NFL history. Oh wait, the Jets did take a step toward change by .... waiving Michael Carter? Oh dear.

When we look a little further, the reason the Jets are frozen in their tracks is for a simple reason: The Jets don't really have a GM and HC. Those responsibilities have been effectively abdicated and placed on the lap of Aaron Rodgers. They can't act on replacing Hackett, like any sane organization would at this point, because they can't alienate Rodgers. They aren't moving any of the players he brought in, including QB Tim Boyle, because of Rodgers.

Douglas and Saleh have basically abandoned the principal of improving the team, and thereby abandoned Jets fans, by failing to do their jobs based on the hope that Aaron Rodgers will lead them to the promised land when he comes back. Except we don't know when or if he's coming back. And if he does come back, who knows how much he'll be hindered by his partially healed ankle. We didn't even know how good he would be at ate 40 without the injury.

The Jets are basically in limbo.

Have the Jets ever been in a darker place than they are right now? I don't think so.

image.gif.83a279cc7d727021240ac7d38223aeaa.gif

Adam Gase Say Hi 

The Jets are in the best shape they've been in since... ever. They have the #1 defense in football and a HOF QB. The Jets may be the best team in the AFC right now with a healthy Rodgers. Injuries suck, but next year the hype will still be through the roof for this football team. Hopefully next year we don't lose one of the best QBs in the NFL after 4 plays

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

If by hostage, you mean, that JD and Saleh are waiting for him to get healthy so that he can fulfil his contractual agreement to play for the New York Jets, well then yes, I agree w/ you.  They are very much hostage to his recovery.

This is the reality.  Though if the jets do not draft a qb next year it won’t sit well with me, it would say this regime has no intention of staying longer than rodgers himself.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not ascribing any malicious intent on Rodgers' part. The hostage situation is actually creation of Joe Douglas and, to a lesser extent, his sidekick Robert Saleh. Yeah, Woody Johnson is in the mix, but he's a constant we can't do anything about.

But the facts can't be denied. While other teams are taking steps to rectify their deficiencies at the midway point of the season, the Jets are sitting tight with one of the historically worst offenses in modern day NFL history. Oh wait, the Jets did take a step toward change by .... waiving Michael Carter? Oh dear.

When we look a little further, the reason the Jets are frozen in their tracks is for a simple reason: The Jets don't really have a GM and HC. Those responsibilities have been effectively abdicated and placed on the lap of Aaron Rodgers. They can't act on replacing Hackett, like any sane organization would at this point, because they can't alienate Rodgers. They aren't moving any of the players he brought in, including QB Tim Boyle, because of Rodgers.

Douglas and Saleh have basically abandoned the principal of improving the team, and thereby abandoned Jets fans, by failing to do their jobs based on the hope that Aaron Rodgers will lead them to the promised land when he comes back. Except we don't know when or if he's coming back. And if he does come back, who knows how much he'll be hindered by his partially healed ankle. We didn't even know how good he would be at ate 40 without the injury.

The Jets are basically in limbo.

Or maybe its not the coach, gm or owner.  Maybe its just that the qb stinks and cant put the ball in the endzone.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

This is absolutely correct, but we need to enjoy the ride and prepare for a total redo in 2025 with a $25mm cap cost for an AR who won’t be there. 

That is on JD.  Rodgers took less money to come to NJ.

Go on overthecap.com and check out how long some of these contracts will be on the cap.  Lakes, Brown, a bunch.

JD mortgaged the future to go 4-5.

• Upvote 2

As we all learned JD,Saleh and  Rodgers philosophy on team building is seriously flawed.

I don’t trust these dudes to bring in the right free agents or drafting the correct players to get us over the hump. 

Secondly I can never trust people that feel the need to gaslight me on clear mistakes and that’s all JD, Rodgers and Saleh have been doing to us this entire time.

If we had Brady instead of rodgers for example, he would never pull this crap or put up with this nonsense and would be calling out the BS period. Plus JD, Saleh would have no place to hide. 

I have no faith in this operation 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

If by hostage, you mean, that JD and Saleh are waiting for him to get healthy so that he can fulfil his contractual agreement to play for the New York Jets, well then yes, I agree w/ you.  They are very much hostage to his recovery.

Hostage to an uncertain recovery. Rodgers could easily end up a shell of his former self, assuming he doesn't get reinjured. 

Hard to feel comfy about a team that betting everything on what will be a 41-year-old QB.

• Upvote 2

That is on JD.  Rodgers took less money to come to NJ.
Go on overthecap.com and check out how long some of these contracts will be on the cap.  Lakes, Brown, a bunch.
JD mortgaged the future to go 4-5.

I’m not going to pretend to understand the cap, but JD is cheap. I’m not worried. He is into team building. The issue is that we haven’t won yet and that’s not acceptable in the NFL.

I believe the biggest reason Zach was the backup was he didn’t want to spend another 5 million on another QB.
  • Upvote 1

Correct. The Jets went "all in" on a 39 year old Rodgers hoping they could win during a two year window.

Year One of that bet went as poorly as can possibly be imagined when he tore his Achilles four snaps into the season.

We don't really have any choice other than to continue to be all in on Year Two of that bet even though the odds of it paying off look increasingly unlikely and most of the "Rodgers' moves" are clearly a detriment to the offense sans Rodgers.

We're more than likely looking at another reboot in 2025 and by then most of our top young players will be needing huge extensions if they haven't forced their way off the team yet.

Basically we made a huge bet and rolled snake eyes.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Correct. The Jets went "all in" on a 39 year old Rodgers hoping they could win during a two year window.

Year One of that bet went as poorly as can possibly be imagined when he tore his Achilles four snaps into the season.

We don't really have any choice other than to continue to be all in on Year Two of that bet even though the odds of it paying off look increasingly unlikely and most of the "Rodgers' moves" are clearly a detriment to the offense sans Rodgers.

We're more than likely looking at another reboot in 2025 and by then most of our top young players will be needing huge extensions if they haven't forced their way off the team yet.

Basically we made a huge bet and rolled snake eyes.

Dobbs and Wentz were both available after he went down. I’m sure a trade for Brissett could have been worked out. Rodgers wasn’t blocking these- the owner was. 

• Upvote 1