Jump to content

The Jets/Jets Fans Are Being Held Hostage By Aaron Rodgers


BroadwayRay

Recommended Posts

So much hysteria.

JD went all in on Rodgers and rolled snake eyes. It happens. I'd rather have a GM who swings for the fences than plays it safe.

The Jets have a GM and HC. They may not be very good, but this "Rodgers is in charge" notion is nonsense.

In all likelihood, Rodgers comes back next year, has a decent season, and the Jets make some noise. RELAX.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Hostage to an uncertain recovery. Rodgers could easily end up a shell of his former self, assuming he doesn't get reinjured. 

Hard to feel comfy about a team that betting everything on what will be a 41-year-old QB.

He's openly saying he should be ready by mid Dec. w/ no setbacks and if the team is in position to make a run.  I dont know how this seems uncertain, and even if that doesnt happen, if anything you should feel confident he's going to be ready for next season at 100% w/ the progress he's making, which you have to admit is pretty freakin incredible.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

As we all learned JD,Saleh and  Rodgers philosophy on team building is seriously flawed.
 

I don’t trust these dudes to bring in the right free agents or drafting the correct players to get us over the hump. 

Secondly I can never trust people that feel the need to gaslight me on clear mistakes and that’s all JD, Rodgers and Saleh have been doing to us this entire time.

If we had Brady instead of rodgers for example, he would never pull this crap or put up with this nonsense and would be calling out the BS period. Plus JD, Saleh would have no place to hide. 
 

I have no faith in this operation 

What is your sincere estimation of the jets record today if Rodgers stays healthy?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

 Rodgers wasn’t blocking these- the owner was. 

Maybe. But I think there's certainly a scenario where the decision not to bring in a name and run with Wilson was largely influenced by Rodgers' presence.

Like, not wanting to upset the apple cart with Rodgers feels more plausible to me than the idea that Woody has some bizarre loyalty to Zach Wilson who is being actively damaged by playing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not ascribing any malicious intent on Rodgers' part. The hostage situation is actually creation of Joe Douglas and, to a lesser extent, his sidekick Robert Saleh. Yeah, Woody Johnson is in the mix, but he's a constant we can't do anything about.

But the facts can't be denied. While other teams are taking steps to rectify their deficiencies at the midway point of the season, the Jets are sitting tight with one of the historically worst offenses in modern day NFL history. Oh wait, the Jets did take a step toward change by .... waiving Michael Carter? Oh dear.

When we look a little further, the reason the Jets are frozen in their tracks is for a simple reason: The Jets don't really have a GM and HC. Those responsibilities have been effectively abdicated and placed on the lap of Aaron Rodgers. They can't act on replacing Hackett, like any sane organization would at this point, because they can't alienate Rodgers. They aren't moving any of the players he brought in, including QB Tim Boyle, because of Rodgers.

Douglas and Saleh have basically abandoned the principal of improving the team, and thereby abandoned Jets fans, by failing to do their jobs based on the hope that Aaron Rodgers will lead them to the promised land when he comes back. Except we don't know when or if he's coming back. And if he does come back, who knows how much he'll be hindered by his partially healed ankle. We didn't even know how good he would be at ate 40 without the injury.

The Jets are basically in limbo.

Have the Jets ever been in a darker place than they are right now? I don't think so.

Most of realize Zach Wilson and his proxy Joe Douglas is holding Jets hostage. Simply because the mistake was made to pick him 2nd overall. Zach’s mom was rumored to do voodoo on Aaron rodgers and shockingly it worked right away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's openly saying he should be ready by mid Dec. w/ no setbacks and if the team is in position to make a run.  I dont know how this seems uncertain, and even if that doesnt happen, if anything you should feel confident he's going to be ready for next season at 100% w/ the progress he's making, which you have to admit is pretty freakin incredible.

Of course Rodgers is saying that. The guy views himself as some kind of new age Renaissance man when it comes to science and medicine. Except if you take a look, a lot of doctors out there are saying that a three-month return would be nuts, and that if he tries to return that quickly, it would be medically impossible for his achilles to be fully healed. How could anyone be confident about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maybe. But I think there's certainly a scenario where the decision not to bring in a name and run with Wilson was largely influenced by Rodgers' presence.

Like, not wanting to upset the apple cart with Rodgers feels more plausible to me than the idea that Woody has some bizarre loyalty to Zach Wilson who is being actively damaged by playing.

I get that. But if Rodgers chose the Jets to help rehab his image, I find it hard to believe he’d burn that bridge if the Jets had decided to bring in a QB to help keep them in the mix. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of think that the Jets are as good as I have seen in a decade. Aaron Rodgers getting injured, hurt us badly, but the talent on this team is top 5 on defense and when Aaron gets back, good enough to contend next season, on offense and we are still very young, overall. Thats all we can ask, at this point. 

Being held hostage by someone who can bring us to greatness is worth it, if we can compete, Aaron Rodgers was the best of what was available, in the offseason. And he wasnt injury prone, in his career. Considering our options, I still support the decision and hope for the best. Just bad luck, so far, with Aaron.

We definitely are a gloom and doom fanbase. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Larz said:

It’s been amusing watching people seek different scapegoats for an organization with 45 players a dozen coaches and a huge front office and a bimbo owner  

 

I’ve been a fan since 81 and the jets have won the division outright twice  

 

it was a miracle Rodgers came here, he changed the culture instantly, and him playing next year will probably be the best chance this team has at a Super Bowl in my lifetime 

you can’t make this stuff up 

bro, go get some fresh air lol  

 

 

It was not a miracle.  It was slight of hand.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, idk, we could be in the same basic position and NOT have a future HOF QB waiting in the wings. 
 

it really comes down to whether or not Rosgers is shot next year, and if he’s not, how long he intends to play. 
 

the way I look at it is, if he’s shot, Douglas and Saleh will be gone and we get a fresh start. If he’s not, we have a fun season or two like we do every decade or so. 
 

basically, we are right where we’ve always been - we’re the Jets. 

Future HOF based on his past play with the Packers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maybe. But I think there's certainly a scenario where the decision not to bring in a name and run with Wilson was largely influenced by Rodgers' presence.

Like, not wanting to upset the apple cart with Rodgers feels more plausible to me than the idea that Woody has some bizarre loyalty to Zach Wilson who is being actively damaged by playing.

I mean that is possible, but what is very clear is Joe Douglas refusing to admit mistake with Zach ( again ). He is the 1 who gave Zach way too much rope to hang himself last yr, squandering very easy winnable games. Way before rodgers came, JD surprised many to adamantly handing Zach the QB2 spot without even entertaining trying to bring in a legit qb2. I highly doubt Aaron said “ I’m not coming to jets unless Zach is my backup .” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I get that. But if Rodgers chose the Jets to help rehab his image, I find it hard to believe he’d burn that bridge if the Jets had decided to bring in a QB to help keep them in the mix. 

He did a wonderful job of pretending who he wanted us to believe he was for a few months.   Hard to believe the guy the Packers couldn't wait to get rid of to find out what they had in Jordan Love isn't going to reappear.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

What is your sincere estimation of the jets record today if Rodgers stays healthy?   

6-3 

But 

This is the thing, I remember what mike felger, a Boston based radio host who’s a packers fan at heart has been saying about rodgers for years now and that’s everything we now witnessing. Well everything besides the playoff failure.
 

He always said Rodgers don’t have that thing that Brady has which is an insane will to win. Rodgers wants to win but he loves Rodgers more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

We could have signed Marino who is a HOF QB and gotten the same results.  Without giving up draft picks. 

The same results for this year, yes. 

But the trade was made expecting at least two years of Rodgers (hence, the contract), so you really have to wait longer than halfway through the 2023 season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The same results for this year, yes. 

But the trade was made expecting at least two years of Rodgers (hence, the contract), so you really have to wait longer than halfway through the 2023 season. 

I have to admit.  I don't think he's going to play next year.  He won't have any doubters once he's cleared to play.  

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hostage? I think that’s a little silly.  If Douglas or saleh let any player try to dictate how the team is run then they need to be launched.  True enough the jets signed Lazard and he was pretty decent with Rodgers throwing him the ball.  But guys like Cobb, turner, and Boyle are pretty much just depth players and shouldn’t be expected to do much on game day.  And Boyle might have been Hackett choice to help implement the Rodgers offense.

 I don’t buy the argument that the offense was geared towards Rodgers and now has to be adapted for Zach.  Wasn’t Zach in the same training camp? Granted Rodgers may have some nuances to his game that don’t translate well to a playbook but every team has a playbook filled with roughly the same plays.

I think there was a huge team letdown when Rodgers went down and they might not let it sink in even yet.  They read the papers.  They see the media bashing Zach each win.  Last season it was all about Zach playing hero ball.  This season it’s not finding the end zone.  Key common denominator? Zach for one but also a beat up offensive line that can’t run block very well.  Oddly they can turn things around against the bills.  It wouldn’t be the first time the bills started off hot and then went into a November, December swoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

If Douglas or saleh let any player try to dictate how the team is run then they need to be launched.

I don't see an "if" in this situation. As I said before, any sane football team would be jettisoning Hackett right about now. He's horrible. JD and Saleh aren't doing it because they don't want to alienate Rodgers. That's a de facto hostage situation in my book. Plus it's irresponsible coaching and team management. Look at the difference Payton has made with Russell Wilson since Hackett was fired over there. Douglas and Saleh should be focused on providing Zach Wilson with the best possible coaching this season, and they're not. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

6-3 

But 

This is the thing, I remember what mike felger, a Boston based radio host who’s a packers fan at heart has been saying about rodgers for years now and that’s everything we now witnessing. Well everything besides the playoff failure.
 

He always said Rodgers don’t have that thing that Brady has which is an insane will to win. Rodgers wants to win but he loves Rodgers more. 

That’s fair.  It’s usually more of a hatred of losing but whatever. 
 

the point is with the oline injuries, old ass free agents and everything else he makes a big difference and it’s woody, JD and Saleh that got him here. 
 

Rodgers moves the linebackers and safeties away from the box so the running game comes to life and my god can you imagine this defense with a lead in the second half? Not having to play the run ?

The Jets wouldn’t be my superbowl favorites, that’s still the chiefs and ravens but the jets would get a fair shot from the refs because the ratings Rodgers would bring to the championship game or SB

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Of course Rodgers is saying that. The guy views himself as some kind of new age Renaissance man when it comes to science and medicine. Except if you take a look, a lot of doctors out there are saying that a three-month return would be nuts, and that if he tries to return that quickly, it would be medically impossible for his achilles to be fully healed. How could anyone be confident about that.

It's not just what he's saying, it's what you're seeing.  He's way ahead of the curve, walking and throwing and not using support, etc. therefore it's very easy to be extremely confident he's going to recover and obviously ahead of schedule.  The real debate at this point is whether the Jets can stay in it to make it worth it for him to come back this season.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you to make you feel better but he's going to recover and play QB for the NY Jets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

As compared to when Rex held us hostage for 4 years after leveraging middling success into the compete decimation of the organizations talent pool and culture? Setting in the course we’ve been in since?

Or when Pennington’s arm held us hostage from joy?

Or when the Hackenbeg selection held us hostage from taking a QB?

Or… we’ll, you get the point.

Joe Namath and Satan have held us hostage since I was 3 and did the poopy in my XXl diaper. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Larz said:

It’s been amusing watching people seek different scapegoats for an organization with 45 players a dozen coaches and a huge front office and a bimbo owner  

 

I’ve been a fan since 81 and the jets have won the division outright twice  

 

it was a miracle Rodgers came here, he changed the culture instantly, and him playing next year will probably be the best chance this team has at a Super Bowl in my lifetime 

you can’t make this stuff up 

bro, go get some fresh air lol  

 

 

Worst fanbase in sports!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Maybe. But I think there's certainly a scenario where the decision not to bring in a name and run with Wilson was largely influenced by Rodgers' presence.

Like, not wanting to upset the apple cart with Rodgers feels more plausible to me than the idea that Woody has some bizarre loyalty to Zach Wilson who is being actively damaged by playing.

100%

i said weeks ago that AROD’s presence was the biggest reason I was confident we weren’t bringing in a high profile QB like Kirk Cousins or Carson Wentz. 
 

I think one thing people underestimate is that no decent veteran QB would be interested in coming here just to keep the seat warm for Aaron Rodgers. 
 

the moment we traded for Aaron Rodgers, this became his team. He’s bigger than the coach and the GM put together, and as long as he’s here, every move we make will be made with him in mind. Players who choose to come here will come here to play with Aaron Rodgers. It’s just the way it is. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

100%

i said weeks ago that AROD’s presence was the biggest reason I was confident we weren’t bringing in a high profile QB like Kirk Cousins or Carson Wentz. 
 

I think one thing people underestimate is that no decent veteran QB would be interested in coming here just to keep the seat warm for Aaron Rodgers. 
 

the moment we traded for Aaron Rodgers, this became his team. He’s bigger than the coach and the GM put together, and as long as he’s here, every move we make will be made with him in mind. Players who choose to come here will come here to play with Aaron Rodgers. It’s just the way it is. 

And every one of them, so far, has sucked.

I hope he retires.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...