Burrow out for season

jbt

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Can’t believe they didn’t get someone better than Jake Browning as his backup…..I mean, right? Have to predict these things 

Are you implying we couldn’t have done better than Zach Wilson as our backup? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I think the argument is more that most teams don’t have a good backup. 

However, I think the difference is that we’ve been without Rodgers since the very start of the season and could have easily brought someone better than Trevor seimian in before the trade deadline, whereas the bengals lost their QB in late November and can’t do anything of note about it now. 

Here’s the reality of the nfl, you need 3 qbs.  The jets thought when they got rodgers they were done with qb and could effectively hide wilson.  This failed.  Heading into next season, i doubt douglas realizes he actually needs 2 new qbs - one veteran to back up rodgers and a rookie to groom.  All these other nice draft picks from sauce to breece to garrett can’t produce touchdowns.  When you think about what a gm’s job really is, half of the job is finding functional qbs.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Here’s the reality of the nfl, you need 3 qbs.  The jets thought when they got rodgers they were done with qb and could effectively hide wilson.  This failed.  Heading into next season, i doubt douglas realizes he actually needs 2 new qbs - one veteran to back up rodgers and a rookie to groom.  All these other nice draft picks from sauce to breece to garrett can’t produce touchdowns.  When you think about what a gm’s job really is, half of the job is finding functional qbs.  

I agree with you 

40 minutes ago, King P said:

Cincy knew Burrow was hurt and tried to hide it from everyone. I feel for Burrow, having to play for that sorry excuse for an organization 

What makes you think burrow didn’t pressure the bengals to play him?  He’s been hurt just about all season but he wants to be in the game.  I think the only people this impacted were the bettors.

• Upvote 1