Jets Bring Back DL Tanzel Smart To Active Roster Call Up OL Jake Hanson And LB Marcelino McCray Ball

jetsrule128

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

So last week, Xavier-Newman was our starter at RG and now he will be inactive?  But Saffold isnt being added to the active roster so who is the RG?

Jake Hanson is a versatile IOL but I dont think he excels at any one position, otherwise he wouldnt be on the PS this far into his career.  

But what I dont understand is unless Xavier-Newman got destroyed sunday, which I dont believe he did, and hes not injured (he wasnt even listed on the injury report) what could possibly happen in the 5 days since sunday to take him from the starting lineup to being inactive.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

But what I dont understand is unless Xavier-Newman got destroyed sunday, which I dont believe he did, and hes not injured (he wasnt even listed on the injury report) what could possibly happen in the 5 days since sunday to take him from the starting lineup to being inactive.  

Newman got hurt it's that simple 

He did get destroyed on the Zach int though 

28 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

So last week, Xavier-Newman was our starter at RG and now he will be inactive?  But Saffold isnt being added to the active roster so who is the RG?

Jake Hanson is a versatile IOL but I dont think he excels at any one position, otherwise he wouldnt be on the PS this far into his career.  

Could be he has been activated from the PS enough times he would have to be added to the active roster. But, as you are eluding to, oline switches should not occur without injury or bad play so they could build some continuity.

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
The Jets will start their 7th different O line combination today and 6th different in last 6 games. They will have a new right guard today, the 6th different starter at that position. My guess is that it will be Chris Glaser. This would be his first career start.

Newman was limping pretty badly in the locker room in Vegas and was working on the side this week. He does not have to appear on the injury report as a P squad player so it flew under the radar.

• Upvote 1