<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

We seem to play well in games we are predicted to struggle (KC, Philly, Bills) whereas the games in which we are favoured (Giants, Chargers, Raiders) we’ve not turned up. 

I’m hopeful todays game will be competitive. If we can keep it close and the defense can force a 4th Q turnover I can see us stealing one here. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Gio-Jets said:

We seem to play well in games we are predicted to struggle (KC, Philly, Bills) whereas the games in which we are favoured (Giants, Chargers, Raiders) we’ve not turned up. 

I’m hopeful todays game will be competitive. If we can keep it close and the defense can force a 4th Q turnover I can see us stealing one here. 

You mean in games when the defense doesn’t force 3+ turnovers and/or pitch 2nd half shutouts we tend to lose (or need a borderline miracle to win)?  Get outta town!

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Gio-Jets said:

By “we” you mean the defense 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

HUGE game for Saleh and the boys. Still alive in the playoff race. AFC powers reeling. Bills firing coaches and on the verge of player mutiny. Bob has all his hand picked DEs and corners and expensive LBs and, most importantly, his hand-picked QB whom he’s assured us for three years is “close to figuring it out.” Bills defense has been bad since Milano and TreDavious White went down. 

Dare we say this is a No Excuses game? 

Nate Hackett.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe this is the week that a human in the employ of the New York Jets finally calls one of those mysterious and as-yet unseen “good Zach Wilson plays.” If not? On to the next OC!

Can we get the guy who started calling the good plays for Russell Wilson as soon as Hack left?

• Sympathy 1

True story:

Last night I had a traumatic dream of me being stabbed up by terrorist in grand central station but I did not die, I think I turned to a zombie or something and the first person that comes in arm reach is Ulbrich and I totally take a chuck of flesh out of his neck. 

Weird af dream because I’m never really critical of the DC, I would love to bite Zach, JD or Saleh through ☹️

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Didn't he just do that ... At least judging by the opinions of R Wilson last summer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

After nine games this year, the Broncos are 4-5. Last year, under Hackett, they were 3-6. Four of Hackett’s losses were by three points or less. Russell Wilson is ranked 18th in passing EPA, and is lower third in success rate. The QBs he most closely compares to statistically are Jordan Love and Baker Mayfield. The Jets are among the worst passing offenses in modern NFL history, but the 2023 Denver Broncos throw for an average of five (5) more yards per game than those Zach Wilson Jets. Where Payton has done a good job with Russell has been in incorporating him into the Denver run game and scheming up nice opportunities for him in the red zone. He hasn’t turned Russell Wilson into Drew Brees, he’s turned Russell Wilson into a $50 million dollar version of Taysom Hill. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Predictable, but weird to see it telegraphed this early. Who benefits? 

Bro I really think he wouldn’t want this, he said already his #1 reason for choosing LV is the proximity to home and left GB in part because Rodgers is on his way out and Love completely blows. 

I don’t think this dude is up for a 40 year old rodgers with one achilles or a potential Zach Wilson tanking experience