Trent Brown

I think it kinda depends on what they do with becton.  Brown isn’t going to be cheap and both of them will command a lot of money.  I also think one lure for brown will be a team that’s ready to go to the playoffs and beyond.  How does one year of Rodgers fit in?  It’s like this teams future has been compressed so it all comes apart after Rodgers leaves, at least on offense.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think it kinda depends on what they do with becton.  Brown isn’t going to be cheap and both of them will command a lot of money.  I also think one lure for brown will be a team that’s ready to go to the playoffs and beyond.  How does one year of Rodgers fit in?  It’s like this teams future has been compressed so it all comes apart after Rodgers leaves, at least on offense.

If we have Rodgers that’s definitely a draw.  I think they tag Becton.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I really think Becton is walking at the end of the season. He's not played to a level to justify a franchise tag.

We'll need to tag Bryce Huff IMO

Lawson's 15 million comes off the books + Duane Brown's 10 million comes off + Cook's 7 million =

Some wiggle room to get Huff's deal done without tagging him + tagging Becton and possibly signing someone else like Trent Brown or Jonah Williams at RT (which he's been much better at than LT).

Plenty of other roster moves too that could free up cap space to solidify the OL and sign Huff.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:19 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

On the outs with the patriots. Is 30.  Free agent next offseason.  Can play both LT and RT. He and Becton would be possibly the biggest Tackle Duo ever in the history of the NFL

If this ankle keeps him out for any extended time, Brown will be joining him on a dofferent team