Martellus Bennet hits the nail on the head regarding Jets organization

HawkeyeJet

Well now that you are in here, it’s actually the Bears but tell me this doesn’t fit like a glove for the Jets too.  Rather than trying to recreate the grit and toughness the Bears are constantly chasing, we are always chasing the flash, pizazz and headlines of Broadway Joe.  Pretty Boy QBs, high profile vets, Broadway glitz.  This is probably a dumb post but I’m beyond frustrated and I’ve long thought the Bears and Jets were pretty much mirrors of each other.  1 great team in modern history, a handful of flare ups, but overall big market teams with bad owners and lackluster results.  

• Upvote 1

Good rant by Bennett but I don’t see it relating to the Jets. The Bears are the one franchise that seems as hopeless as the Jets, but at least they’ll have two top three picks next year. He’s spot on; the Bears commitment to defense in a league that doesn’t care defense anymore is so tired and dated. 

Jets don’t chase the past like he’s mentioning. IMO they’ve tried all diff ways, Woody just can’t pick them. He just goes off what the fan base is screaming for. They do big flashy moves when they feel the pressure mounting to buy a little more time and hopefully patch things up. 

But it never works. Pressure bursts. Then it starts over. 

Im more terrified of Woody having to pick another GM and HC then sticking with this same staff for another year. 

• Upvote 1

I am always willing to eat my stupid posts and this one might be up there. 

That said, I do think the franchise is stuck in the past in a lot of ways.  I get the feeling Woody still does things “for the NY media” when he shouldn’t give two sh*ts about the NY media.  It’s 2023.  news papers and radio call in shows are still around and have their place, but they aren’t the driving media force anymore.  

We still tie ourselves to the Giants, for whatever reason.  Share a stadium with them, pretend they are a rival, just manufactured bull crap. 

Tend to lean into the Broadway “persona” vibe.  Flashy, big lights, big city.  That kind of stuff.